Having a REALLY hard time finding certain color fish

• Me and my galley crew sat at a shipwreck in the Shores of Plenty and used earthworms and could not for the life of us find a Blackcloud or Bonedust. Please help

Views
  • @a-pure-darkness I have found that it's just a waiting game, and it's about investing the time to get all the fish. To save on bait, I recommend casing your line close to the boat so you can see what color fish are before they bite. If it's not a color fish you need then bring your line back before the fish bites and immediately cast again. Casting close to your boat doesn't save on time to real the fish in because the fish will pull out the extra line, but it keeps your hook close so you can easily see what color fish is about to bite.

• @big-zimm This is a great tip.
    I did this with Pondies at Mermaids for over an hour. Still haven't managed to get the (bright i think) yellow rare pondie.

• I'm hearing different things about where to find certain fish including the black cloud wrecker. I always thought all fish were similar to splash tails. Ex: 3 random colors 1 rare 1 night variant. So for fishing say Plentifins it would be the same thing but obviously only in the Shores of plenty with the right bait. So i thought the same thing applied with Isle Hoppers. But i'm hearing rumors of only certain isle hoppers spawning in certain islands. And for the Black Cloud Wrecker it only spawns in at a ship wreck during a storm. So if there is special requirements for certain fish, what are they? What color of fish have special requirements and which do not?

• @iisrgntwolfii i catch the brights at cursewater shores a bit

• @the-hoodedjoker Isle Hoppers only spawn at the big islands, and in my experience are one variant per island. Heres what I've noted so far:
    Shark Bait Cove - Stone
    Cannon Cove - Stone
    Mermaids Hideaway - Moss
    Marauders Arch - Moss
    Krakens Fall - Honey
    Old Faithful - Amethyst

If you dont see any isle hoppers during the day at a big island, chances are thats an island with Amethyst hoppers (I suspect Mermaids Hideaway is one, but I was mostly fishing for pondies last time I was there and didnt confirm). Raven hoppers appear anywhere other hoppers do (and in my experience spawn more often than other rare fish - maybe because theyre only spawning alongside one other variant?)

• I realize this is a ten month old post, but I've caught every type of fish at least once, so I'm here to help out.

The blackcloud wreckers you can ONLY get at shipwrecks when it's storming.

The bonedust is just a waiting game in the Ancient Isles. Take leeches to the area and just fish with leeches.

• I caught 6 Bright pondies fishing for 2hrs at Mermaids Hideaway just this arvo. Still need 1 more for grade 5 though

• @r0guesquirrel

Here are some more.
    Lone cove has moss or honey. Cant recall correclty.
    Snake island has stone.
    Mermaid has amethyst at night.

• The rare wreckers are actually the Snow ones they're the ones worth more gold and I don't believe that there is a guaranteed technique for rare fish it's a waiting game but all the best!

Views
6 out of 10