Buying supplies at the port

• Adding the opportunity to buy supplies, for example, balls or planks, for a small price because the constant search for very people playing man and causes the desire to finish quickly

Views
    communityjust for funwindows 10
  • @ekuzen This has been discussed a lot when the game was first introduced, however, today you can get resources through so many means, it really is not needed anymore. Floating barrels, rowboats, storage crates and other crates, heck, they even added more barrels to many islands. So I just don't see this as something that is needed anymore.

• alt text

• @ekuzen said in Buying supplies at the port:

Adding the opportunity to buy supplies, for example, balls or planks, for a small price because the constant search for very people playing man and causes the desire to finish quickly

A big NO on that and after I explain why you will likely agree. Doing this gives a HUGE advantage to long time players that are sitting on piles of gold and disadvantages newer ones that are scraping by getting castaway and seafarer chests - making them choose between using that on supplies or the cosmetic they may want.

• @dlchief58
    We are not talking about what riches are unknown, we are talking about the possibility of buying resources. I do not understand what buying a new mechanic understands by buying a player, because while selling Reaper’s Bounty is something little understood because I have seen many times myself with someone on her outpost. On the other hand, I often miss bullets, e.g. to shoot myself with a galleon of ghosts or players who respond with fire, collecting it on an island or on another outpost is very time-consuming and spoils the fun of the game because I think we play a pirate simulator and not a homeless one.

• Pirates often took supplies off other ships and raided ports. Your home is your ship and it's your job to supply it. Rather than waste coin do something that takes 10 minutes at the get go. Then no time at all to hit barrels as you run past, loot other ships as you encounter them, hit up floating barrels, hit shipwrecks, barrels on outposts when you turn in, barrels on sea posts when you turn in, and or random planks and fruit as you run over top of them. Even if you literally never get off your ship the entire session you can stock from barrels in the water with a harpoon. Stuff is everywhere.. why in the same of davy jones would you want to waste coin on bananas and planks? "I just don't want to take the time." lazy pirates.

• @ekuzen said in Buying supplies at the port:

@dlchief58
    We are not talking about what riches are unknown, we are talking about the possibility of buying resources. I do not understand what buying a new mechanic understands by buying a player, because while selling Reaper’s Bounty is something little understood because I have seen many times myself with someone on her outpost. On the other hand, I often miss bullets, e.g. to shoot myself with a galleon of ghosts or players who respond with fire, collecting it on an island or on another outpost is very time-consuming and spoils the fun of the game because I think we play a pirate simulator and not a homeless one.

You misunderstand, that was EXACTLY what I was talking about. By making resources a purchase you are putting new players at a severe disadvantage to those who have played for longer and have stockpiles of gold. Those with stockpiles of gold can fully stock their ship from the start, new players scraping by would not have that luxury and have to choose between stocking the ship just to compete or spending it on the specific cosmetic they may want which now becomes harder to obtain for them.

Getting supplies is hardly "very" time consuming as you put it. It evens the playing field for each session to a certain extent. Every island and outpost you stop at has barrels, they are floating everywhere in the sea so it is not hard or time consuming to stock up the ship as you play.

• dlchief58 is right. Long time players with millions upon millions could roll out with max everything with out batting an eye. Poor Patty Pirate just starting out can't purchase that kind of supply. Patty may be a naturally skilled pirate but you can't shoot with no cannonballs. Pay to Play.

• It's not just new players that are disadvantaged. Anyone doing a fort, event or other activity is now at an extreme disadvantage, because any ships they sink defending it will now come back with more than enough supplies to outlast you. And they can do it repeatedly.

Views
communityjust for funwindows 10
6 out of 9