Add a Cutter

• Basically an upgraded sloop, a Cutter has 2 sails, easily manned by 2 people, faster than a brig, slower than a sloop. 2 cannons each side. 2 levels with a captain's quarters where the top of sloop would be. This would allow us not to have to keep switching between sloop and brig when a friend gets on and wants to join. Sailing a brig with 2 people is somewhat a nuisance.

Views
  • @colkickinwing A brig can be sailed easily by 2 players.

• You suggest to add in a new 3-man ship that would basically be better than the Brigantine. Why would anyone play the Brigantine then? Theoretically it could be possible, but there would have to be some serious balance changes - like giving the Brigantine 6 cannons, and that ship is already overpowered as it is, because one person can sail it.

• @archaell Yep. I’ve occasionally soloed a Brig in the Roar. With a little practice it’s a good one man PvE ship. Not so great solo in a fight, but it can run.

• @colkickinwing said in Add a Cutter:

Basically an upgraded sloop, a Cutter has 2 sails, easily manned by 2 people, faster than a brig, slower than a sloop. (...).

I thought a brig is faster than a sloop.... so a ship that's faster than a brig and slower than a sloop is not possible...

• @lem0n-curry They are talking about the time it takes to adjust sails, turn the wheel, capstain and so on. Or at least that makes sense.

• @ColKickinWing

I've just got to point out that it always seems like people are suggesting ship types that are tailored to their personal playstyle and don't actually serve any big unfilled playstyle need or demand... Like I just don't see why Rare would ever go through the trouble of designing and balancing these oddly specific types of ships for very specific sessions. Surely you could make do with the existing types right?

I just find it kind of funny lol... Let's add a 2 1/2 person ship, then maybe a 3 1/4 player ship! I still don't see how they haven't added the 68 person ship yet!

• It's more about having more nimble ship choices, also bridging that 2-3 player gap for those who like more maneuverable ships

It's more about having more nimble ship choices, also bridging that 2-3 player gap for those who like more maneuverable ships

What gap? There is no gap between 2-3 unless you can somehow have half a player.

If you have 2 players, use a sloop (or a brig). If you have 3 players, use a brig (or galleon). You can use the ship designed for the player count or upsize for a bit more of a challenge. There is no gap here.

• honestly a solo ship i needed more than this, not because solo is difficult on the sloop but really just to get solo sloop noobs from complaining about megs krakens etc.

• @d3adst1ck

So that's my point, say it's u and 2 friends, one has to leave, a more nimble ship would be easier to continue with 2 people.

@d3adst1ck

So that's my point, say it's u and 2 friends, one has to leave, a more nimble ship would be easier to continue with 2 people.

Yes but when there is 3 of you, you will have all the benefits and no down sides, full crew of three and being more nimble. No one would use the brig anymore if they had that choice

You either stay in the brig and manage it with two, or you will have to swap sessions to a sloop.

• Agree, we should have more ship types, no doubt! It would be wonderful to see 6, 7, or 8+ ship types on the seas. The 'cutter' or junk, a man o war, a gun boat, etc. Even several versions of each(sloop/brig/gally) with each having their own pro's and cons. It would add a lot to the game! Obviously the balance is very important but I'm not sure why we're still stuck with 3 ship types after two year. At least we have a brig! lol

Basically an upgraded sloop, a Cutter has 2 sails, easily manned by 2 people, faster than a brig, slower than a sloop. 2 cannons each side. 2 levels with a captain's quarters where the top of sloop would be. This would allow us not to have to keep switching between sloop and brig when a friend gets on and wants to join. Sailing a brig with 2 people is somewhat a nuisance.

Sounds too redundant to me.

• @galactic-geek said in Add a Cutter:

@colkickinwing said in Add a Cutter:

Basically an upgraded sloop, a Cutter has 2 sails, easily manned by 2 people, faster than a brig, slower than a sloop. 2 cannons each side. 2 levels with a captain's quarters where the top of sloop would be. This would allow us not to have to keep switching between sloop and brig when a friend gets on and wants to join. Sailing a brig with 2 people is somewhat a nuisance.

Sounds too redundant to me.

not really but if that's what you think it's what you think I can't change that

• It would be nice to have more ships types availabe, make it so you purchase others than the starting 3 with ur gold. Make a new goal, purely aesthetics is very mildly appealing. Be nice to have to unlock some stuff through ur journeys.

• @colkickinwing if you want a more maneuverable 3 man ship, just don't drop the sails completely on a brig?

A brig can be driven alone, optimized use with 2 and a power play with 3. I don't get why this is needed.

Views
3 out of 17