Need help with the Shores of Gold Tall Tale? - Check out here! [Spoilers Ahead]

• Ahoy maties!

Are you stuck? In need of a helping hand? Or have some pearls of wisdom to share with others?

Well, look no further...

And remember, if you are offering help, I would also advise not to give the whole game away, and so, in the spirit of exploration and adventure... try by cryptic with your help and give to the point answers.

Post below and collectively we may be able to guide each other through...

The Shores of Gold Tall Tale!

(Ps - If we have redirected you here, please don't be offended but we are trying to gather all the hints/clues and tips into one easy to read post)

Views
  • We delivered the Shroudbreaker to The Mysterious Stranger and we did not receive the commendation or reward?

• A tip for anyone doing this, find one of the treasure chests before going there so you have something to put things in.

• Basic question: once you have a journal open how do you change pages?

• @goldbane1 There is an option in the menus to check/configure the keys or buttons for changing pages.

• The spikes on the floor suck. Yo

• @hogwash8 bro i will never play that quest again FOR 10K!?!?!?!?

• I went to the eastern vault and walked around the island to discover the symbols that were needed to unlock the vault, but it said I got them incorrect. I walked around again to double check, but I'm pretty sure I got them all right. Could it be a glitch?

• The Shores of Gold is absolutely the worst experience I've ever had in SoT.
    I've attempted 3 times and every thing has bugs.
    At one point I couldn't put fishing rod away, my ship became invisible, except everything on it. But I couldn't interact with it.
    Multiple vaults broken, objects eventually prevent interaction. Doors that don't open when unlocked. Skeletons that spawn where/when they are not supposed to.
    Respawning inside a group of skeletons, aka insta death.
    The island doesn't reset. Skuttled ship to respawn and try again. It respawns on the same island even with the voyage canceled. So I had to sail into the shroud and die the hard way to restart. Island doesn't even reset when you shut the console down for 12 hours to decompress, then start all over, not sure if that's intentional, my guess is not.
    I got to the end, defeated him. dropped the skull to looked around the room. 15 gun skeletons spawned and killed me... and I respawn on my SHIP!!!!!
    after another hour of running through the entire dungeon again, HE is respawned. Initial skull is still on the ground, but I have to kill it again to get out of the room. and everytime I die, I respawn on my ship again.
    Loved playing since early technical alpha. I've never been so mad with a game in all my life.

• I just turned in the gold horde skull for the 5th time and I am not receiving my accommodation nor my achievement. Is this a glitch? I got my gold. But I know for a fact that me and my partner gave turned this skull in 5 times. 3 times a narrows peak and 2 at gallons grave

• @xofroot-loop Did it finally unlock? Sometimes there can be a delay for commendations unlocking. If not, you can always make a support ticket with your issue. The more details in the ticket the better!

• I will start by saying I have enjoyed playing since day one release, however the ninth tall tale has been quite frustrating. My two biggest concerns is One: the quest needs to be in its own phase for each ship, if you arrive and someone else has been there it bugs all the vaults because they are set to the first person’s combos. It’s not an area where pvp is going to happen so making each ship its own phase is not breaking any of the realism of the game. Two: If you die after killing the final boss you have to redo everything to go pick up the skull..... the final boss exit has a sealed door blocking it, so it could be a simple fix as just putting a ladder in the waterfall so you can get back to the boss room after all the doors reset when you kill him.

• I've got a problem where my commendation for sailor of shores of gold has not unlocked although I own the title and the curse. This happened when I did my last tall tale as shores of gold but it has glitched. Please try and find a solution thankyou

• @kluch-pix3l said in Need help with the Shores of Gold Tall Tale? - Check out here! [Spoilers Ahead]:

I've got a problem where my commendation for sailor of shores of gold has not unlocked although I own the title and the curse. This happened when I did my last tall tale as shores of gold but it has glitched. Please try and find a solution thankyou

@TakuBoto
    This has just happened to me too! (I completed the remaining 'revenge of the morningstar' voyages last)

Noooooo! 😭

• @hydrefeve410430 As this is about bugs experienced on the Insider build it should be posted in the Insider forums.

• @phantaxus ah okay sorry

• Heyho!
    So im doing tall tales right now, im on the last mission. I placed the Gold Hoarders Coin in front of the broken throne statue (to later grab it after i got the door open). Then i got back on my ship, drove over there, shot myself ontop of the statue, got inside, opend the door to outside - ... - AND some Keg Skelleton spawned RIGHT where i placed the Coin earlier. But since i couldnt get out i just shot the Keg, survived BUT I now cant find the coin anymore.

A) it just despawnt while i was bringing the ship over

B) the Skelleton blew it up

C) The Kegs BOOM shot the coin somewhere i cant see / find it

The mission is still active thogh. I checked the place where you get the Gold Coin and it was still missing. (since the game didnt end the mission this means the coin is SOMEWHERE on the island.)

Can PLEASE somebody tell me where to find it? ^^ -

Thanks You for your time - and help! :)

Views
17 out of 20