More Ocean Wildlife

• This is a simple one and I’m sure it has been mentioned in the past but having more wildlife in the ocean would be amazing. Dolphins, whales, different kinds of sharks (maybe a big great white?), bigger fish in deeper regions (i.e. - tuna) and/or giant schools of fish.

Sea of Thieves has one of the best environments in the industry, and I genuinely feel like more diverse wildlife to fill up the ocean would make the experience of roaming the seas so much better. Imagine dolphins swimming in front of the ship or a massive whale breaching the surface of the ocean in the distance! So much potential!

Views
    feedbackgeneralxbox onecommunitywindows 10
  • Original idea, glad you made a thread!

• @itz-majman I’m understand I’m not the first to mention something like this, but I feel like it would bring so much more to the overall Sea of Thieves experience out at sea!

• @mista-mark it would make the world feel way better and it would improve the hunters call, like instead of just fishing we could hunt whales, turtles, dolphins, stingrays and waterver else. they could make moby dck as a reskin of the meg, moby dck could be rare but not as rare as the shrouded ghost

• @mista-mark -I would love all of this!
    More wildlife is definitely something the seas could use, they feel lively when you're near shore and can see all the little tropical fish, but out in the deep? They feel so baren and empty aside from the sharks.

As for new types of sharks, I would love to see Hammerheads, I feel like they would suit the game very well. There doesn't have to be any difference in terms of their damage or health, just a new model added in would be a nice change.

• @d4m0r3d Yeah man I completely agree! It would be so cool to see Moby out there haha. Adding stingrays is a great idea! They could act similar to snakes but in water close to the shore! Maybe killer whales could be added and potentially lethal and potentially friendly? It’d be a gamble each time you encountered one or something.

• @davy-wood-beard I completely agree! The open ocean really does feel pretty empty with the occasional encounter with a Meg or Kraken. Hammerheads would be so cool to see and they certainly would fit the theme wonderfully!

• @mista-mark

Additionally, the larger monsters could be focused on as well. Many existing suggestions are out there, some more exotic than others. The giant crab we see in some ancient paintings could be seen on islands, or even appearing as a hill or small outlying island before being disturbed. The huge bird in other paintings could appear from time to time, flying across the sky, while other times it could come down and attack the ship. Past that, the more exotic suggestions come into play. A huge turtle, carrying an island on its back could surface, with great quantities of shipwrecked treasure on it. A sea serpent could appear in a multi-stage battle, ramming the ship and later wrapping its body around the hull. The existing monsters could be expanded upon, too - the kraken could gain the ability to smash a tentacle onto the deck and move it around, or the ability to wrap around a mast and collapse it, or even the ability to simply turn the ship back into the ink by the bowsprit. The megalodon could have a chance to ram the ship rather than biting it, causing less, but bigger holes, or could submerge and attack from beneath, lifting smaller ships and lightly damaging a wide area.

• @ultmateragnarok I think these are some great ideas and would definitely add to the experience sailing the seas! Exotic occurrences would be awesome as they would provide unique and memorable experiences.

• @itz-majman said in More Ocean Wildlife:

Original idea, glad you made a thread!

⬆️ Sarcasm alert ⬆️
    ⬇️ Laugh alert ⬇️

• @davy-wood-beard said in More Ocean Wildlife:

As for new types of sharks, I would love to see Hammerheads, I feel like they would suit the game very well. There doesn't have to be any difference in terms of their damage or health, just a new model added in would be a nice change.

https://www.mensjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/mj-618_348_watch-a-kayaker-fight-off-an-aggressive-hammerhead-shark.jpg?w=618
    Huh? Who dare? Yous talkin about me? I keep meh eye on you!

• https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.4wO6RjenNl1ZnDdMQU3cAwHaCz&pid=Api&dpr=3
    We are many. You are 1. Come closer to us. Join us. We will take good care of you.

• Pick me! Pick me!
    Pick me! Pick me!
    Pick me! Pick me!
    Pick me! Pick me!

• Go ahead - just try and take a bite out of me and see what'll happen to ya.

• Is this where I audition? Oh, never mind...

• You think I'm Nemo? Bwahahahahahahaha! I wish! That little fin's famous! See, it's not small! Ugh, I can't take it anymore!
    I am not Nemo! ...and tell that thing above me to stop clowning around!

• I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!

• Just keep swimming... Just keep swimming...

• Am I going to be a star?

• Shocking, I know!

• Is this the dentist?

• Shell's over folks!

• @galactic-geek

That is definitely considered spam, methinks it'll be removed or collapsed soon.

• @mista-mark it would be cool if you could find killer whales and it would be like a random chance of it being bad/good, if its bad it eats you, if its good, maybe it lets you swim faster by grabing its fin, or maybe if directs you to enemy ships, or maybe it just doesnt attack you lol

• @ultmateragnarok idk hes suggesting different types of animals, and they are all pretty cool suggestions

• @UltmateRagnarok Regardless of the outcome, I had fun with it; and yes, as @D4m0R3d said, they are suggestions.

I suppose it could've been condensed into a single post, but then I feel like it would've lost a bit of its impact or charm.

They all have their purpose too:

1. Hammerhead - a new variety of shark that attacks you when at its side.
    2. Jelly-fish - poisonous open-ocean swimming hazards. Can provide purple light upon your death.
    3. Octopus - can be seen near islands, underwater caves, and wrecks; hazard that can prevent you from swimming away and drown you.
    4. Lionfish - can be caught and cooked for lots of gold, but will hurt or kill you if eaten depending on thoroughness of cooking.
    5. Uglyfish - Can be found idling near islands and wrecks. Gives players that 🤮 moment if eaten.
    6. Clownfish - can be caught while fishing.
    7. Baby sea turtles - can be seen on the beach at night heading towards the water (can't be harmed due to shells).
    8. Blue Tang - can be caught while fishing.
    9. Starfish - can be seen near islands, underwatercaves, or wrecks; can be sold; burns if cooked and useless to eat.
    10. Eel - can be found near islands, underwater caves, and wrecks - hazard that provides white lantern upon your death.
    11. Barracuda - a less dangerous version of a shark.
    12. Hermit crab - can be found virtually anywhere on land or sea; rare find for Merchant Alliance; provides crab meat and a variety of shells which can be sold to the Hunter's Call if killed and cooked.
  • @galactic-geek all of those suggestions are awsome, i love the idea of eels being able to give you the white landern upon your death. plus all of these would be great for the hunters call, atm there isnt really much to do with the hunters call. being able to catch a wider variety of fish rather than just one in each area would be awsome, cause i mean a different coloured same fish isnt that interesting. more variety is always good. hammerhead sharks would be awsome.

also i just thought it would be cool if we killed maybe 100 hammer head sharks we can keep its head as a ship cosmetic, like a trophy we hang in the captains quarters where the meg jaw is. that kinda thing would be cool to make the hunters call a way more fun and interesting faction

• @d4m0r3d said in More Ocean Wildlife:

@galactic-geek all of those suggestions are awsome, i love the idea of eels being able to give you the white landern upon your death. plus all of these would be great for the hunters call, atm there isnt really much to do with the hunters call. being able to catch a wider variety of fish rather than just one in each area would be awsome, cause i mean a different coloured same fish isnt that interesting. more variety is always good. hammerhead sharks would be awsome.

also i just thought it would be cool if we killed maybe 100 hammer head sharks we can keep its head as a ship cosmetic, like a trophy we hang in the captains quarters where the meg jaw is. that kinda thing would be cool to make the hunters call a way more fun and interesting faction

I would love to see crew interaction incentive for the hunters call.

Working together with nets and harpoons, deadliest catch? Or tricky net mechanics that require a degree of teamwork and skill with other crews to go for a bulk catch.

Maybe some kind of variation on the order fulfilment system with a touch of competition thrown in.

Just throwing ideas out there, would love to hear some more.

• @troubled-cells @D4m0R3d @Galactic-Geek I think these are all awesome ideas! All of those different animals could be really cool to encounter in different scenarios, especially a big octopus at a shipwreck - those things are always pretty creepy as it is, so that would bump up the mystery! Hunter’s Call could definitely use some love and allow players to participate in more meaningful experiences. That faction is definitely a step forward for the game, but these suggestions would certainly bring it to the next level.

• @troubled-cells Working with your crew to use harpoons or nets could be really cool. Maybe using nets could allow players to catch say 3-5 fish versus the standard 1-fish fishing pole? It could operate similar to picking up a downed mast on the ship in terms of functionality, but maybe require teamwork to be completed? Even customizing the harpoons could be really interesting, especially if they had specific customizations for achievements (catch Moby or some rare form of animal with it). Non-lethal encounters with leviathan-sized animals could be so cool.

• @mista-mark said in More Ocean Wildlife:

@troubled-cells Working with your crew to use harpoons or nets could be really cool. Maybe using nets could allow players to catch say 3-5 fish versus the standard 1-fish fishing pole? Even customizing the harpoons could be really interesting, especially if they had specific customizations for achievements (catch Moby or some rare form of animal with it). Non-lethal encounters with leviathan-sized animals could be so cool.

Exactly, I was thinking even bigger than just a individual crew as well, encourage crew interaction by requiring 2 ships for a bigger net for example to catch a meg or killer sized croc from the shores of islands?

• You know the price of waves and such, why you demand more sealife? This is no aquarium simulation. Let them fix them bugs, mate.

• @troubled-cells Oh yeah, that’d be awesome! Multiple crews working together towards a common goal (besides forts) would be a nice twist to the pirate life and would most certainly encourage alliances to be formed. It’s sad and somewhat creepy jumping in the middle of the SoT ocean to see nothing but a vast abyss of emptiness haha.

• @goedecke-michel Awaiting the Aquarium Simulation update! Haha, I agree however, bugs and quality of life are certainly top priority in any setting. It would just be nice to have some more liveliness out there at sea considering player interactions can be few and far between sometimes.

• oh poo yea @Troubled-Cells i been wanting killer crocs in the game for ages, i remember suggesting that like when i joined the forums, i mean how did captain hook the man the myth the legend himself lose his hand and gain his hook. they could definately add this and it would 100% make the hunters call way more fun. it would be smaller than the meg but still pretty big, would be able to come onto beaches but not move far inland due to its big size, it would have less health than a meg, but would be harder to hit. would be awesome if killing it a few times unlocked some kinda special hook or outfit. maybe a croc leather skin

Views
feedbackgeneralxbox onecommunitywindows 10
30 out of 39