Release Notes - 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul

• Release Notes - 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul

Today's maintenance window is now over and Sea of Thieves is officially back online alongside update 2.0.9, featuring a new Tall Tale, fire, updates to The Arena and more!

Release Notes - 2.0.9

LOOKING FOR CREW?

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • @takuboto seems to be very busy in here 😅

• If only they fixed the equipment glitch. It really makes the new equipment not seem to be worth getting.

I did notice that skeleton ships drop more loot across the board! I had an ambushing skeleton sloop drop 6 items including an ashen chest!

• @takuboto THERE IS NO ASHEN CHEST VOYAGE TO BUY AT STITCHER JIMS!!
    Making the time limited commendation for it impossible

• @takuboto The ability to put pets down in certain places in the Tavern is no longer available as of this update! Probably not intended

• @schwammlgott there is, it's the pirate legend voyage

• @niennaneryam sagte in Release Notes - 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul:

@schwammlgott there is, it's the pirate legend voyage

No, it's not!!
    The voyage was there in insider program a week ago, then it dissappeared!
    Also the commendation doesn't say anything about a "legendary ashen chest voyage"

• @niennaneryam you are Insider, you should know it better...

One and a half weeks before the update Stitcher Jim had on the first page 5 different voyages to sell...3 key voyages for each region, one ashen chest voyage and one ashen chest voyage for legends
    Than an update came and that voyage was gone...but the commendation for it is still there

• Is there going to be a new patch notes page / thread for the latest hotfix? I'm wondering what was addressed by it...

• @z0rk

I was also wondering why they didn’t release patch notes why is there a lot of things saying they fixed but they didn’t

• food selection bug is still in the game. guess we have to wait another month for a possible fix?

• @treefittymonsta said in Release Notes - 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul:

food selection bug is still in the game. guess we have to wait another month for a possible fix?

yep - I saw the same thing last night

• Still encountering some bugs that are supposedly "fixed", even after the hotfix patch from today:

1. Using a keybind to switch to food following a weapon switch now works consistently.
      ***Food bug still exists as I have died multiple times yesterday and today due to not being able to eat the food from my inventory.

2. Resolved an issue causing players loadouts to become corrupted on loading into the game, causing your next visit to the Ferry of the Damned or game restart to reset your loadout.
      *** Just started a brand new game, and my equipment loadout is corrupted as usual. I re-selected all my equipment, and it reset it upon death. Also can confirm my equipment resets when taking mermaids.

EDIT - Can also confirm that starting a new game and opening the Equipment Chest will reset your loadout. (screenshots below) - and for some reason when I loaded in, the equipment tab says I have 2 Drums and 2 Speaking Trumpets...

Immediately upon Load-In:
    https://i.imgur.com/tJkzG5q.png

Immediately after only clicking on the equipment chest without swapping gear:
    https://i.imgur.com/1p5T6Er.png

• @spanky-mobster said in Release Notes - 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul:

***Food bug still exists as I have died multiple times yesterday and today due to not being able to eat the food from my inventory.

*** Just started a brand new game, and my equipment loadout is corrupted as usual. I re-selected all my equipment, and it reset it upon death. Also can confirm my equipment resets when taking mermaids.

EDIT - Can also confirm that starting a new game and opening the Equipment Chest will reset your loadout. (screenshots below) - and for some reason when I loaded in, the equipment tab says I have 2 Drums and 2 Speaking Trumpets...

I can confirm both of these from tonight's gameplay as well. I too usually see two drums/speaking trumpets when I first log in. My equipment "seems" to not reset as often during the game as it used to, but maybe I just haven't played enough yet.

• What about the server? Why is the service not available?

• @xx-rose-goid-xx said in Release Notes - 2.0.9 - The Seabound Soul:

@z0rk

I was also wondering why they didn’t release patch notes why is there a lot of things saying they fixed but they didn’t

same thing happened when they said they fixed other bugs. they say they are 'fixed' then sweep them under the rug.. or call them improved...

they said they fixed the inventory menu getting stuck open, they said they fixed sinking flotsam barrels, they said they fixed green skeleton, etc... but the bugs are still in the game even though they said they fixed them......

instant double gunning switch is still in the game....
    instant sword swipe is still in the game..
    long loading screens...
    fort loot despawning...
    cosmetics randomly switching mid session...
    floating items, swords, guns,telescopes, etc...

I've learned that the fixed issues section of the patch notes are for show to say see how much we fixed for the investors. shame on you rare.

I wish we could just have one monthly patch that fixes all the current bugs in the game.best Christmas present ever.

note: spawned into my friends boat while they were doing Skelly ships. couldn't access my inventory, or equipment. this is a new game breaking bug.

• Bug need help

So i think i have a glitch with one of the new commendations i cant seem to get thre ashen chest seeker no matter what i do i can't unlock am i doing something wrong i buy the voyages from tim i think his name is but i cant get the commendation is it a bug or am i doing something wrong

• @ghostwolf5656 I’m having the same problem. Even if you buy the Ashen Chest Stash Voyage for gold (and complete it) it does not unlock.

• @rm-hill yea so if anyone knows why can you tell us how to fix it or something please

• I pre ordered Sea if Thieves on my Xbox, and have played it on my pc mostly. When the sea bound soul update came out, I could not get the update on my pc. I tried to uninstall and download the game again, but it won’t work. Does anyone know what my problem is?

• The Seabound Soul Achievements – New Xbox achievements can be unlocked by progressing through The Seabound Soul in-game Commendations. A total of 40 gamerscore is available to earn from this update, and these achievements will remain in the game indefinitely.
    The Seabound Soul [10G]
    Fire & Ash [30G]

Does this mean that the Sea Bound Soul Tall Tale will remain in the game indefinitely? Thanks in advance.

• rare... can u throw us a bone and hot fix the food bug?

• Hallo, das neue Update, das ist wieder mal der Hammer. Besonders sehr gut finde ich die Einführung Jungfernfahrt, wird jedoch etwas zu kurz kommen durch das Update zu Weihnachten. Ich bin echt sehr begeistert. Danke dafür. 😀 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

• Arena matchmaking times are still very long and this update did nothing to resolve this issue from previous patches. Lately, Arena has been more of a "Tavern Simulator" game than playing an actual game of arena, these wait time usually last from 45-50 mins.

Don't even know why we would get server merged when all the other crews have enough people to start the game. This has happened to me and my crew on multiple occasions where we would have like 12-14 people and still Demarco would claim that he is looking for more crews.

Please RARE you are killing the Arena for people who like it, this process of waiting is making it very processing. We barely get any contests played because half of the time we are just running around the Tavern like "headless chickens"

• @yash7091 i cant even get a game started, constantly stuck on "Searching the seas", then game matchmaking failed, my only option is to play on foreign servers with 300-1000 ping as im in australia, and its unplayable, cant even fish as they lag off the line

• @TakuBoto

Another problem I noticed....the Megalodon spawn rate is FAR too low. This makes it exceedingly difficult to work on commendations for any of them, let alone hoping to have a chance to encounter the shrouded ghost.

To give you an idea, I had a ship full of loot for over 3 hours and only found two Megs while sailing about 30 in-game miles.

Please consider upping the spawn rate since people could get them to go away by simply sailing near a rock/island.

• @cyberguardian77 I think that there's been fewer PvE elements, even before the patch - just last week I sailed for 3+ hours and never encountered a single meg, a kraken, or a cursed ship. The only thing around were land-based skellies and other pirates...

• The Xbox chatpad no longer works with keyboard setting. So hotkeys no longer work.

• So where can I purchase Ashen Dragon items, now? I can't find them in Duke's stock, I can't find Stitcher Jim and I was trying to finish getting the last tome I needed to get all of these things unlocked. Is that just out of the game, now? If so I'd have loved to see an update showing they'd be removed...

• So what happened to the Masked Stranger on The Reaper’s Hideout? Where are Reaper’s Chest handed in to?

• Since the update my game won't work. I'll get to setting sail and then it will crash. All my drivers are up to date and the rendering on as little as possible but still nothing. Everything worked before. What has happened? How can I fix it? Rare come on.

• @citingclient59 Ahoy matey!

We are due an update today that should help with some crashing at startup, I would check for this update later today which should get you back up and sailing again!

• Aboy there!
    I’m wondering if anyone knows of the price and xp differences to emissary flags and voyages since the update?
    I seemed to get more on my first level 5 flag which I took down in the tavern. I’m wondering does staying with the same trading company and keeping the level 5 flag up benefit you more than changing companies and taking down the flag once it reaches level 5?
    I’ve been getting to level 5 taking the emissary voyage then taking the flag down for the cash and xp then going about the emissary voyages to gain another level 5 flag but I’m unsure if this is the best method?

• why the mouse in the middle of the screen in barrels, why, this is horrible.

• As this thread was 2 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
3 out of 35