Release Notes Discussion 2.0.8. - Fort of the Damned

• Release Notes - 2.0.8 - Fort of the Damned

Today's maintenance window is now over and Sea of Thieves is officially back online alongside update 2.0.8, which introduces our next Monthly Content Update; Fort of the Damned!

Release Notes - 2.0.8

LOOKING FOR CREW?

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • Banjo city, we made it boys

• I was extremely excited and still am after logging on and finding out that the game stole 2 million gold and 2.1K doubloons after updating for this fort of the damned... starting over I guess?..

• Kudos on all the additions love it all an canni wait to get in game to check it all out.

All currency is gone from my account it seems, like many others are also experiencing.

One thing though... Please please Rare let us purchase ALL Emotes Individually.
    I honestly can't stress this enough from a Tools Not Rules perspective.

Also as a solo player the Nerf's you made to the Forsaken shores Volcanoes just hurts this event. I've been trying to get the red for 3 hours now, it's folly to the highest degree. Every time i sail close they go off. Up the Danger there already please.

• @a-desert-h0b0 nothing a couple DOZEN game restarts won’t fix I guess XD

• Is here a pirate who's wallet is still filled ?

• @TakuBoto Where be the halloween pumpkins etc?

• @a-desert-h0b0 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.8. - Fort of the Damned:

I was extremely excited and still am after logging on and finding out that the game stole 2 million gold and 2.1K doubloons after updating for this fort of the damned... starting over I guess?..

Loading your character stats and gold tends to not work properly immediately after an update drops because tons of people are all logging in at once.

• Logged in after the update and spawned on "Black Sand Atoll" rather than at an Outpost (better than Shores, I guess). Sailed directly to Daggertooth (no one there) and followed the advice below from the official Discord:

"To everyone who logs in and finds their gold missing after the most recent update. Please try purchasing one of the 0 doubloon voyages or other free items and it should update your wallet balance. If you are unable to, your wallet balance should update automatically after a short time."

After buying the second voyage (super slow) my coins re-appeared.

Didn't have time to check much else. Hopefully, that spawn-in problem was a one-time thing...

• @z0rk You spawned in at Black Sand Atoll due to ships being in a close vicinity to all of the outposts. (It doesnt happen very often. I have never had it happen to myself, but a buddy has had it happen. )

• So the commendations for stealing bone crates are still active but you can't get the merc voyages from Duke to do them anymore. Seems kinda silly unless the bone crates can randomly be dug up.

I thought you could still get them but they'd be without a deadline.

• Looks like double gunning is back in this update.... Hope the team is aware of this and already working on a fix!

• @m1sterpunch The patch notes say they wash up on shore now.

• Was on the shore of the Fort of the Damned when the Captain was killed and the vault opened by another crew. I didn't get credit for clearing the island.

I thought they said that everyone on the island got credit when the vault was opened by anyone?

• Some ppl just aren't getting the commendation at all.

Like the new lady clothes and hair dye and underwear dyes.

Not too fond of the attempt to force pvp. Again. Pretty cool that sometimes the Shadows of Fate spawn when you dig up a Ritual skull. At least they're not completely worthless if you don't want to fight the whole server.

• I would like to thank the Devs for this amazing update overall. While it has a few annoying bugs it is overall an amazing experience and such a fun time for me.

In case the bugs haven't been stated, the ones I have ran into are...

• New lantern (Lantern of the Damned) being swapped for previous equipped lantern.

• Fort Commendations firing incorrectly (only applies to ship who opened vault, not completed the fort)

• Key sometimes getting stuck in the ground after Graymarrow dies. Rendering it unable to be picked up.

• Gunpowder skeletons on the fort sometimes merely lazily walk towards you and often aren't a threat due to their extremely slow movement speed

• Graymarrow and some skeletons clip through walking paths sometimes on the lower side of the island if he is kited down there. It doesn't hurt gameplay but it looks wierd.

• @vargar when did they say that? Just curious as I’m having the same problems

• Great update! The PvP is delicious. Thank you.

• Haven’t been able to get one done or even activated due to always ending up with pc players.

• Are the jacket, facepaint and lantern (or any of the other ferryman cosmetics) time limited at all? None appear to have the time limited icon, and are sold in the regular shops but last year's lantern disappeared after the event was over and since most of this stuff is "halloween" themed it's unclear if it will be around after the season ends.

• @d3adst1ck thanks! I was freaking out because it roommate had all his money and I did not. No way is he gonna have more gold than me EVER

• Just found out about the new server merge trigger not needing an anchor drop anymore.

I do not like that. Boo, bad devs, BAD!!

• @takuboto It's no longer possible to sell ritual skulls to the order of souls but the chat that is associated with it still suggests selling it to them.

• @stormdefender18
    ye, the 300k bracket is hereby jn style!

• Gotta love how the devs fix zero glitches this update yet ask for MORE money. I’m fine with micro transactions completely, but if Rare isn’t gonna focus on the quality of their game over adding in more micro transactions then I’m out.

• Anyone noticed the strange color flash when switching between weapons? The color that flashes only shows up when you have either a purple or green cursed cannonball in your personal inventory. I noticed this after the current update. It might have something to do with "When held, Cursed Cannonballs now emit a purple or green light." add in.

• Quick PSA, my crew and I very much like the concept of this new Fort but, you really need to add a mark on the map for the FotD Key. Its insanity right now with people running away with the key for 70K~ worth of loot, when u mark a box for 25 Doubloons. Where's the risk for this reward? Add on the hit registration errors where we clearly hit players with an Eye of Reach shot and 3+ sword swipes and they do not die? It is seriously aggravating and super toxic to deal with this situation especially with the unnecessary toxic players that come in from streams just to screw people over.

• @kid-the-rat Running with the key is as old as Forts themselves. I personally am glad people have are incentivized to steal the key once more!

• @baller-orange yeah, especially when they throw it in the water and make it despawn just to be a jerk

• Ahoy there! Great adventure around the fort of the damned! But on further updates: it’s pretty unfair, that now and kind of “all of a sudden” players are only able to buy one lvl up per month! Many friends and mates paid themselves off leveling further until last month, myself included. But one friend, who’s a true pirate legend, could not pay himself to 50 in hunter’s call, as he kind of “missed the day”. I don’t think, it’s necessary or fair, to “exclude” him like that, so the rest of us will be “ahead” of him for like half a year, though he really deserves to be on the same lvl.
    I really like the rest of the update, but now that one can earn like endless doubloons, it would be nice to have a meaningful way to spend them.

• @takuboto please guys turn off cross play or at least give us some news about it. Its getting ridiculous every xbox player i come up against i either kill easily or we have a fun battle. The 90% of the time i come against a PC player i get destroyed instantly. Only people who say its fair are the PC players i have nothing against them but thay clearly have a big enougb community at this point to turn off cross play. I use to play with 6 different galleon crews and they have all quit the game for this reason and i am not far off.

• @pithyrumble How is this bad? Servers should merge more. Keeps them populated.

• Could you look into the Server Merge Please. It seems to have brought back a bug i thought quashed.

As mainly a solo Slooper every time i get merged (which i have no issue with) i'm unable to interact with anything until i have died and resurrected again. This is not limited to Ship interaction items but all Equipment.

Love the new Merge system, keeps the seas populated, but sinking to this or getting Karen, Meg and or Pirated before you can "Death Reset" yourself feels tiresome now.

• When will the Pirate Emporium be updated because it has been the same for a month

• How about fixing the glitch where the loot at the fort of the damned doesn’t spawn. Tucked in the island for over an hour waiting for a crew to finish. When they completed it we promptly sank their ship and went up to the vault, to our surprise no loot. It a pretty massive bug and even if we hadn’t tried to steal it the people that did all the work would been screwed on there time and effort.

Views
9 out of 35