Mid-Deck Cannon...Yeah Can we have them.

• So, right...how can I put this. So on the Galleon you have the doors where the mid-deck cannons are supposed to be, however there aren’t any down there, they are only there for decorations. HOWEVER, I think that in the future (if it will happen), there will be at least four cannons (2 on each side) in the mid-deck so that we can utilize the cannon doors and shoot below rather up-top.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A SUGGESTION.

What you guys think?

Views
    feedbackxbox onequestioncommunitycompetition
  • From a game design factor, I am not a fan. Their is a benefit to having cannons exposed on top deck. Makes players choose either damage the ship or sweep the deck. Each choice has its own tactical advantage and timing. That and its much easier to target people top deck with direct hits than it is if the players are hidden behind a wall.

This also presents an issue of Galleon only being the ship that can have this. No other ship has a mid deck. While I don't think ships are supposed to be balanced to begin with, this only makes that gap larger.

• Them being only on the top helps balance the fact that there are 4 of them. Get a small ship close enough and you can't hit them low enough for them to take on water, which wouldn't be the case with mid-deck cannons.

• No one would use the top deck cannons due to being protected by the ship hull while also being able to hit smaller ships at long and close ranges from the mid deck.

• @d3adst1ck however for protection you can't see jack and are at whims of helmsman for knowing when to fire

• I don't see mid-deck cannons working. The ships are designed to be balanced, which is why the galleon has only four cannons per side, exposed to the open air and with it incoming fire, and a long trek to the cannonball barrel. Other ships trade firepower for maneuverability and speed, respectively, and are smaller targets to match the increase in incoming firepower. As others have said, there is a choice to be made in deciding to shoot for the hull to sink the ship or the cannons to avoid sinking your own, and with cannons on the mid deck of the galleon that choice would not have to be made.

• Having mid-deck cannons means having holes in the mid-deck that you can't patch... ballast balls would become super OP

• @bactatankbill That's a really good point, 2 exposed holes on each side automatically if hit with a ballast.

• @prorapidkiller I think it is would be cool but I also think it would add too many problems as well for it to be viable. There wouldn't be much benefit to it either if any. Those hatches are already really low in the water and in rough seas or with a little water in the hull it would be even lower. All you would be able to see his water if anything at all.

• @nabberwar Ah, I can agree your statement since it unbalances the PVP play and makes more of a challenge towards the ships.

• @d3adst1ck That too also makes sense, never really thought of that one. So I can now agree with that.

• @prorapidkiller said in Mid-Deck Cannon...Yeah Can we have them.:

So, right...how can I put this. So on the Galleon you have the doors where the mid-deck cannons are supposed to be, however there aren’t any down there, they are only there for decorations. HOWEVER, I think that in the future (if it will happen), there will be at least four cannons (2 on each side) in the mid-deck so that we can utilize the cannon doors and shoot below rather up-top.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A SUGGESTION.

What you guys think?

love it if we had a man 'o war then it would be fine mate otherwise no

Views
feedbackxbox onequestioncommunitycompetition
7 out of 12