Looking for Fishing/The Hunters Call Hints and Tips? Look no further!

• @klutchxking518 I need to catch the bone ancient. Any tips. Also snow wrecker and the yellow devil fish lol

• @Musicmee I know you're going to know this one because you're the go to guy but for commendations such as

1. Footsteps of the Pirate Lord
    2. Briggys Greatest Foe
    3. Seeker of Stories

Do you have to repeat the tales 5 times total in order to get the counter to increase. I know the tales have different islands that you can get to go to in order to complete which means some different tasks, some the same...

• @vapor1080 Ahoy matey!

Aye, the counter increases once you have hit the commendation for 5x doing a single tale.

I have been doing these on and off and some do feel samey but the vast majority do feel a bit different.

• ... So beginning to end a tale five times to earn those commendations.

• @musicmee thats what we figured, thanks for confirming before we attempt to keep doing them lol... love the new sails for Briggsy! Good motivator (haven't come across the other unlockables yet)

• You should be able to cook 2 or 3 small fish at a time, but only 1 trophy. So time consuming 1 at a time

• I can't fire harpoon guns. Nothing happens when I ckuck the mouse button. If I press R it makes a clicking sound like it's reloading. I haven't found anyone else with this bug. I've tried reloading the ship and the game and I'm still unable to fire them.

• @oo-prentiss-oo said in Looking for Fishing/The Hunters Call Hints and Tips? Look no further!:

Has anyone figured out the conditions for getting the Shadow Stormfish? I’ve tried every location at night, during the day, nothing. Tips?

The shadow stormfish is just a rare encounter in a storm. No requirements as far as location, just be in a storm. I somehow got really lucky and found 2 trophy shadow stormfish (at different times) cooked them and they sold for 5,600 gold. Interestingly they were in the thickest part of the storm in the wilds both times. Couldn’t tell it was shadow until I reeled it in, but I could tell it was a trophy one. I also caught a regular shadow stormfish at a storm at Sanctuary Outpost off my boat after I spawned in and you will find one.

• @cyberguardian77 I finally got the Shadow and can confirm that it occurs in the darkest part of the storm. Now to find the pesky Raven islehopper...this is the very last fish I need lol.

• @oo-prentiss-oo said in Looking for Fishing/The Hunters Call Hints and Tips? Look no further!:

@cyberguardian77 I finally got the Shadow and can confirm that it occurs in the darkest part of the storm. Now to find the pesky Raven islehopper...this is the very last fish I need lol.

It’s a rare encounter, but I’ve found it at Snake Island. I’m still looking for the forsaken devil fish and bone ancientscale though.

• @cyberguardian77 I got my Raven at Old faithful and my forsaken at Roaring Traders

• Hello all, I solo sloop 99% of the time and cook between islands as I go. I have two things I found helpful for fishing and cooking that I wanted to share. First, Devils Ridge in U24 has a pond that if you swim across and stand under the waterfall, protects you from all but sniper skeletons and also seems to make Pondies reel in after one round of tugging. I have been able to catch 24-30 in one day night cycle.

Second, as I cook while sailing from spot to spot I have found it super helpful to have my stopwatch app open and start it as I cook. This helps me know when to get food from the pan whilst sailing or grabbing barrels ect. Below are times I can confirm, let me know if you find them off for you.

Small Fish (any type): 35 Seconds
    Trophy Fish (any type): 65 Seconds
    Chicken, Pork, Shark or Snake: 65 Seconds
    Kraken & Meg: 125 Seconds

@cyberguardian77 I finally got the Shadow and can confirm that it occurs in the darkest part of the storm. Now to find the pesky Raven islehopper...this is the very last fish I need lol.

I got two raven Isle hoppers in thieves haven with no bait. Park inside the Isle safe from the view of other players and keep casting until the fish you want comes up to take a look. If it's something you don't want reel in and cast again.

I haven't gotten any storm fish yet though.

• @oo-prentiss-oo The only islehopper that spawns during the day at Crooked Masts is the Raven Islehopper. Try fishing there during the day. That is where I found mine.

• @fatallywound3d I finished every fish and the entirety of Hunters Call months ago lol. However, the Raven shows up during the day at any island that has Amethyst Islehoppers as their only variety. This can be found across the seas :). Thanks for the tip nonetheless.

• @oo-prentiss-oo Wow nice job. That's a lot of rare fish to catch!

• @fatallywound3d Yea I hit 50 with only needing 7 Shadow Stormfish. I finally finished those off a couple of months ago. It was the last commendation in Adventure I needed (apart from the Ghost) to complete the Adventure side of the game. Now to focus fully on Arena lol. Shadow Stormfish are the true Hunters Call enemy lol.

• The best way to finish the shadow stormfish commendation is to fish at Archers Rock or the unmarked islands to either the NW or SW of there. This is not part of any of the other 3 regions so the RNG will only spawn Splashtails and Shadow Stormfish in that area. Unless of course it is evening, then the night variant of the stormfish will spawn too.

Good luck!!)~~

• @klutchxking518 i've tried fishing for Raven Islehoppers at shark bait cove but i keep getting stone ones, apart from discovery ridge where else would be a good place? Thx.

• @gamegalaxy15719 to answer your questions, Raven islehoppers are not exclusive to any island, They are just rare, and can be foune at any island for islehoppers.

@deckhands should this thread get locked? I mean it's obviously a necro but it's for fishing tips. I say if someone needs help, then it's fine.

• trying to catch the rare type Umber Splashtail, and having no luck. Fished in a few trophy sized regulars... but fished for 4 in game days and nights and no rare. Do i need to use bait or something?

• @shadowstar-x1 nope you just need to keep trying, none of the splashtails require any bait.

It can take quite a bit of patience, but if you keep fishing you’ll get eventually. The rare species of fishes are like the shrouded ghost.

Note, you can cancel a throw by clicking B on console and i think F on PC. This should make it a bit easier.

• ah so by 'rare' it means ultra rare then.

• @shadowstar-x1 Ahoy me matey! Please check the date of the previous post before adding yours, as any post revived after one month is deemed a necro and will be locked.

You can add your question to this thread where your fellow pirates will be more than willing to help.
    Cheers!

Views
52 out of 59