[suggestion] Gifting Pirate Emporium stuff

• I think the ability to gift pirate emporium stuff is a great idea, it is nice to give gifts to online friends or streamers can ise it as a give away to reward their followers.

This idea isn't new and has been mentioned in this forum just wanted to make a topic on it since I didn't see one.

Views
  • What about the scammers.

Someone posing with a realistic looking face flirts a little with someone, cons them into buying something for them. Blocks the gifter and tears flow.

Bad good idea.

• It was mentioned they are putting gifting in...just wasnt ready at store launch.

• What if you're gifted something you already have?

• @galactic-geek
    I'd suspect you might only be able to gift Ancient Coins, and then the person can choose what they buy with them - if and when they enable gifting.

Also, I've heard of people gifting Microsoft Store Cards to people, which they can then use to purchase Ancient Coins. I've not done this myself, but it sounds like it would work and is a great idea (if it does actually work, hehe).

• @pithyrumble the answer is simple. Don't be an idiot. Everywhere on the internet now is filled with scammers and people trying to take advantage of you. As far as I'm concerned, if someone is stupid enough to fall for that I would rather Rare get the profits than some random guy especially because Rare didn't do anything wrong.

• @pithyrumble said in [suggestion] Gifting Pirate Emporium stuff:

What about the scammers.

Someone posing with a realistic looking face flirts a little with someone, cons them into buying something for them. Blocks the gifter and tears flow.

Bad good idea.

How does something like this stop them from getting something like this now?

• @xshadovvhunterx said in [suggestion] Gifting Pirate Emporium stuff:

It was mentioned they are putting gifting in...just wasnt ready at store launch.

I never never heard that, good to know though, do you have a source?

• @galactic-geek said in [suggestion] Gifting Pirate Emporium stuff:

What if you're gifted something you already have?

Then it could work like other games that allows you to gift items. It could be something like an item code and that person then could do with whatever they want with the code. Regift it to a friend, etc.

• @zormis

What I've decided to do here is just load up an Xbox gift card

( can be done here )

I'm going to load it up with $10 (enough for 1,000 Ancient Coins) and watch for a member of the community who may want a pet badly but may not have the resources in their life to spare to spend money on something like this.

Hoping to make someone's day soon! Official gifting will come eventually, but this will probably work for the time being.

• @zormis You can gift through the Xbox store. (Not sure about PC)
    So why it may not be the same, could you not technically gift a bundle of ancient coins?

Haven’t actually tried btw, just a thought that popped up when I read the thread. :)

• @knifelife said in [suggestion] Gifting Pirate Emporium stuff:

@zormis You can gift through the Xbox store. (Not sure about PC)
    So why it may not be the same, could you not technically gift a bundle of ancient coins?

Haven’t actually tried btw, just a thought that popped up when I read the thread. :)

Yeah but I would rather gift someone a pet :)

• @zormis Yeah I get ya. I don’t see why they wouldn’t add the option to be fair, they only stand to make more money through it.

• @pithyrumble Nothing is perfect but this system is working in many games so i dont see cant it be here aswell.

• @zormis RARE did confirmed that we will be able to gift others in the future probably soon.

• Yeah i played with 2 kids the other day and all they did was play with me pets it would be great to gift them one

• @pithyrumble said in [suggestion] Gifting Pirate Emporium stuff:

What about the scammers.

Bad good idea.

if you're buying pets to strangers after 5 minutes of talking they might indeed get scared and block you. lol

• @bumbumbac Bammm and instantly just an average kind gesture towards someone gets spun on its head to make someone look like a monster.
    Impeccable taste sir 👌 You truly are a beacon of hope.. 😂

• @knifelife said in [suggestion] Gifting Pirate Emporium stuff:

@bumbumbac Bammm and instantly just an average kind gesture towards someone gets spun on its head to make someone look like a monster.
    Impeccable taste sir 👌 You truly are a beacon of hope.. 😂

Let me have you understand something...

There is a difference between a gift and an exchange

1. a gift - you give and expect nothing back
    2. an exchange - you give and expect something in return

So if you give a gift you got no expectations and whatever the consequent actions of the other person may be it does not matter to you.
    But if you are an emotionally immature needy person who disguises exchanges as gifts while expecting a positive response from others by flooding them with seeming acts of kindness you are bound to get heartbroken eventually 'cause others are gonna sense something's off and you just ain't genuine. They are going to sense you do not really care about them but that you're only using them to satisfy your own needs.

So back to the original point, if it really was a gift you wouldn't ever feel heartbroken had the gifted person blocked/muted/reported you.

• https://giphy.com/gifs/tq4PuoUVgsK9q

• @pithyrumble

That really sounds like a silly excuse for not adding gifting which they have already confirmed will be a thing later on.

• @zormis I believe it was mentioned in one of Rare's youtube segments...by Rare themselves. It was a question they read asking about gifting.

Views
5 out of 23