Release Notes Discussion 2.0.6 - Dark Relics

• Release Notes - 2.0.6 - Dark Relics

Today's maintenance window is now over and Sea of Thieves is officially back online alongside update 2.0.6, which introduces our next Monthly Content Update; Dark Relics!

Release Notes - 2.0.6

LOOKING FOR CREW?

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • See you on the seas maties!

• @musicmee said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.6 - Dark Relics:

See you on the seas maties!

Harrrr!

• @takuboto

Everyone, take note that the reason Captain Flameheart Jr's ship sunk was because he was attacked by other pirates while hauling around a cursed Kraken Chest

Now take note of the kraken-ish design of these relics along with the model ship... So with the trading companies arming themselves for battle during Blackpowder stashes, and now the skeletons making off with these Dark Relics...

Could it be that the Sea of Thieves is preparing for some sort of rise and war with Captain Flameheart?

alt text

• This looks like fun!

• WHERE Is CROSSPLAY OPTION???...

• At the end of the content update video, there is a quick shot of the dig site on the uncharted isle! It seems that the dig continues!

• whelp... infinite black loading screen is back. with this patch... GG.

• So, is the time frame for this event known?

• @darth-noc Ahoy matey!

It will be here for a month just like the event before it :) So around the 14th of September this event will be over and a new one will begin.

• @alekseylight yeah i thought they confirmed crossplay option for arena with this update?

• @takuboto You brought the delay with the Spyglass into the main build....?
    I cannot use it right away, I need to wait for the animation to end, or press the Use button 2x.

• I have pretty heavily mixed feelings on harpooning gunpowder barrels. I think they should still exploded by virtue of just plain making sense, but I do appreciate the saved time.

• There are a few nice things in this update. However, Dark Relics itself basically looks like last month's event just maybe no digging them up. Same cloned Duke voyages with a new name. Just more recolored items we have already seen in the game with a couple new ones. Go to Duke, spend doubloons, do the exact same voyages again, again, again, again...

Come on Rare way way past time for something truly new. Where is the truly new, original, creative content? When will the adventure and journey continue for all us Pirate Legends at Athena 10?

You can do better. We desperately want you to. What is it going to take to get you and this game out of this rut? Whoever reads these forums and reports back, please look at the message that is all over the place. A lot of us pirates will thank you and sing your praise in a sweet sea shanty in your honor for a very long time.

• Just logged in to see what's new and it appears half of the new texts are not even translated. Either translate everything, or translate nothing at all, but stop doing half of the job every damn time Rare!

• Got the cosmetics (thank you Rare, they're very nice), see you next month I guess? Meanwhile see you all in Insiders!

• Rowboat Skiing!!

• Anyone noticing the strange objects that pops-up when sailing near or around the sunken grove? They are popping up continuously. alt text

• @jacketedlawyer6 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.6 - Dark Relics:

At the end of the content update video, there is a quick shot of the dig site on the uncharted isle! It seems that the dig continues!

Whatever they were digging for, they found it. Take a closer look at the top of the scaffolding (probably best in-game) and you’ll see what I mean…

• @chronodusk said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.6 - Dark Relics:

@takuboto

Everyone, take note that the reason Captain Flameheart Jr's ship sunk was because he was attacked by other pirates while hauling around a cursed Kraken Chest

Now take note of the kraken-ish design of these relics along with the model ship... So with the trading companies arming themselves for battle during Blackpowder stashes, and now the skeletons making off with these Dark Relics...

Could it be that the Sea of Thieves is preparing for some sort of rise and war with Captain Flameheart?

alt text

There's another faction mentioned that sounds like it's a reference to the East India Trading Company. The Mysterious Stranger and Duke have new dialogue about them. I believe that's who the other factions are arming themselves for. But this Relics thing could still be linked to flameheart.

• My initial feeling about this update is that it’s just more of the same. But I can see progress on the technical side of things and the loop of this game is just perfect for me so all in all I’m pretty happy. I would like to see more cosmetics though and things to spend our gold on.

And it’s time to have an event around cursed cannonballs again. Where’s my cursed cannonball crate?

• @pithyrumble
    You are the first person i thought of with the rowboat skiing. U got ur wish matey

• @nunoazuldimeter I thought this was a fault with my game when in Insiders build, and am really disappointed that it has crossed over to the Retail build; I don't like it at all, and neither do my fellow crew mates that have it, although strangely not all do have the delay.

• @nwo-azcrack said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.6 - Dark Relics:

@pithyrumble
    You are the first person i thought of with the rowboat skiing. U got ur wish matey

NO. 😭

At least as far as I can tell. You can't tow a rowboat far with it. I haven't had a chance to test if it helps for someone to be in the rowboat on the harpoon yet, but that's on my list of things to try.
    I did get a meg to spawn while I was on Crooks Hollow, so we might be able to catch a ride from Megan, I'm going to find a Kraken and try to harpoon it to death in a rowboat too.

If someone wants to do a gal a favour and try it out I'd be much obliged lol 🧜🏽‍♀️

• Not sure why but with Dark Relics when my character dies it gets stuck in a black screen and my game disconnects. Good thing I've been playing with a crew lately otherwise I would've lost everything. Not cool!

• After a year plus of playing this is the first update where I've seen regular instability on my PC. I also see that same black screen which instead of a trip to the Ferry, or a trip back to my ship, is instead a trip back to the desktop to reload the game and start again. This last one makes 5 voyage for relics lost, and restarted. The pains of a solo sloop. Good thing earning doubloons is now easy...

• Please move this to the proper forum but I have cashed in 4 reapers chests today . The last one and the final commendation doubloons never we’re received. Please fix the bug

• I cannot say this enough for everyone in the thread, please do something about black screens and loading screens taking forever. I get a black screen when I die. Then I have to wait for the door to open. Then I get a black screen again. And I can hear all the stuff going on.

• I have to say that I feel like the game is just giving it Dubloons at this point and with the access to letters from duke you can just buy your way to being a legend. Which isn’t what being a legend is all about. Just saying. I’m so close to being a legend and I have worked countless of hours into this game and it’s so tempting to just buy the rest away. But I refuse because I feel like I cheated the game if I do that.

• Also there have been many times the game has completely crashed on me in the middle of a battle (normally) sometimes when I’m running on the boat. Takes me back to my main Xbox screen and then I have to load the game up completely and normally my other crew members are still in game so I can join back in for the adventure without loss of progress, but still what if I was on a sloop? ):

• What patch was installed today?

• Hit detection doesn't feel fixed. In fact it may be worse (though I am probably just paying more attention now that I was expecting a change). Specifically, I constantly am hitting a skeleton or enemy pirate with my sword, but the three swing combo does not continue.

• Hi! Can Someone tell me whats the problem with equipment? I set up items to use but after You get kill and come back to ship its all set back to old ones! Its not keep my choosen items! If You not ded its reset all next time You join the game!

• @arvels33 its a known bug at the moment, also this is a necro post @Deckhands pleas put a lock on this one

• Hi everyone,

As this thread is over 2 months old, I have locked it. If you would like to continue this discussion please create a new thread on this topic.

Thanks!

Views
21 out of 35