[Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.

• @inboundbomb The guy isnt joining the optout so I blocked him lol didnt even know that post existed.

• @blatantwalk4260 Your wrong and here is why. I play on PC mainly but half of my crew is usually on xbox as mostly play with randoms. If I wanted it to be easy as you claim then why would I want to even play with xbox players in my crew?

Surely if your fighting so many great PC players constantly then my crew is too. The thing is you dont know who you will face. In fact PC players just want to play together with the larger playerbase. PC players are actually a type of gamer that usually want things harder and I for one enjoy a challenge. I will fight other crews even if they all four have a PC to my one PC player crew and theirs no way to know beforehand.

So no PC players dont want it easy, they just want to play the game with everyone which is how we bought the game. I will solo sloop against a four player crew not knowing what device they are on. You know why? Because its a game and if I win then its an awesome challenge but if I lose then nothing happens!? People are too afraid to take risks in a game and its quite silly. I already sail around without even having to worry as nobody hardly attacks anyone but somehow we need to mess up a perfectly fine crossplay game. I can sort of see why you want it level in Arena but even there they dont have a proper matchmaking system. They dont match 4 friends in a ship against another ship with 4 friends. its 4 friends vs whole random crews. That is a bigger issue really.

Crew teamwork wins fights way more than one random pc player on a crew of xbox players who all dont know each other. If the xbox had a slight or large advantage over PC I would still want crossplay. So please stop trying to boost your ego by belittling other people thinking that you know what they are thinking because you dont.

• @blatantwalk4260 I see.

• @inboundbomb
    He's probably also blocked me and everyone else who disagrees with him. Guess he wants an echo chamber

• @starquest 1 guy on pc can 1v4 a whole xbox crew with double gun bunny hop spamming.

• @inboundbomb said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@nwo-azcrack said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260
    I cannot wait to hear the xbox players excuses after the opt out.
    Oh he had a one x!
    Oh he had an external so he loads faster, no fair!
    Oh hes using an elite controller no fair!
    Blah blah blah.
    Ill be here waiting to say i told you so. Remember this post

All of those may hold true in the future other than the elite controller comment.

I got told not to focus on when Scarlett comes out.

You know because it will most likely have a m.2 SSD and perform much better via backwards compatibility, just like 360 games do on a one x.

You got 14 months lads.

• @troubled-cells said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@inboundbomb said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@nwo-azcrack said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260
    Oh he had a one x!
    Blah blah blah.

All of those may hold true in the future other than the elite controller comment.

You know because it will most likely have a m.2 SSD and perform much better via backwards compatibility, just like 360 games do on a one x.

You got 14 months lads.

More like 2 years. Scarlett may come out but it will be a disaster as every new console does when it launches. Lack of games and support from developers with limited time on the hardware to develop AAA titles for us.

• @blazedrake100 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@inboundbomb
    He's probably also blocked me and everyone else who disagrees with him. Guess he wants an echo chamber

When you can't come up with good (or real) arguments, best plug your ears and go:

• @inboundbomb said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@inboundbomb said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260
    Oh he had a one x!
    Blah blah blah.

You got 14 months lads.

More like 2 years. Scarlett may come out but it will be a disaster as every new console does when it launches. Lack of games and support from developers with limited time on the hardware to develop AAA titles for us.

I dunno my man, I think microsoft has learned from their mistakes, halo infinite is a launch title and they will have to have a decent offering in the opening couple of months to keep pace with Sony who are lining up the big hitters as well.

The enhancements offered to your existing library is also a nice bonus out the box.

I'm still saying 14 months.

• @troubled-cells said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260
    Oh he had a one x!
    Blah blah blah.

You got 14 months lads.

I dunno my man, I think microsoft has learned from their mistakes, halo infinite is a launch title and they will have to have a decent offering in the opening couple of months to keep pace with Sony who are lining up the big hitters as well.

The enhancements offered to your existing library is also a nice bonus out the box.

I'm still saying 14 months.

They never learn..... only shove it under the rug. With only the one title and my existing library of games isn't worth the amount the will be asking for. But we won't know till its here. But I hope you are right.

• @inboundbomb Plus the scarlet will be inferior to any upgrades pc gets in the same time frame.

• @blatantwalk4260
    The day you buy or build a PC it's already inferior. It's just how technology works. Even vehicles are sold this way. 2019 car is built in 2018 an so on and so forth.

• @blatantwalk4260 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@inboundbomb Plus the scarlet will be inferior to any upgrades pc gets in the same time frame.

The PC version can already be maxed out, it aint getting any better beyond what already exists really.

• @nwo-azcrack dude obviously a majority of people don't want to be "brought together" I am just fine playing with Xbox players. I don't see why that's so hard for you people to understand. There will still be mixed players in your pool so it's not like they are false advertising tons of people like the challenge. But it's only right they give us an option to play on alike hardware whether it be a one X or not. There will still be slight advantages from a 1 x but nowhere near PC.

• @sluggardbat6692 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@nwo-azcrack dude obviously a majority of people don't want to be "brought together" I am just fine playing with Xbox players. I don't see why that's so hard for you people to understand. There will still be mixed players in your pool so it's not like they are false advertising tons of people like the challenge. But it's only right they give us an option to play on alike hardware whether it be a one X or not. There will still be slight advantages from a 1 x but nowhere near PC.

Right, but if its a majority, then people are right to be concerned about cross play numbers arent they, & let's be real the migration system in SOT is pretty trash in it's current state.

The console advantages will only get worse for you when scarlett releases as well, brining you back alot closer to the current situation.

@sluggardbat6692 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@nwo-azcrack dude obviously a majority of people don't want to be "brought together" I am just fine playing with Xbox players. I don't see why that's so hard for you people to understand. There will still be mixed players in your pool so it's not like they are false advertising tons of people like the challenge. But it's only right they give us an option to play on alike hardware whether it be a one X or not. There will still be slight advantages from a 1 x but nowhere near PC.

Right, but if its a majority, then people are right to be concerned about cross play numbers arent they, & let's be real the migration system in SOT is pretty trash in it's current state.

Well considering the amount of PC players I come across I doubt numbers are an issue. Now I just hear every excuse being brought up. Joe Neate himself said there is a healthy amount of people playing at e3 on BOTH platforms. I've honestly shaped up to be pretty good at this game and find myself taking out PC players when playing with a experienced crew. But I wouldn't want to play PUBG with PC vs Xbox so why should this be any different.

• @sluggardbat6692 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@sluggardbat6692 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

Well considering the amount of PC players I come across I doubt numbers are an issue. Now I just hear every excuse being brought up. Joe Neate himself said there is a healthy amount of people playing at e3 on BOTH platforms. I've honestly shaped up to be pretty good at this game and find myself taking out PC players when playing with a experienced crew. But I wouldn't want to play PUBG with PC vs Xbox so why should this be any different.

So why are they so cherry picky about the metrics they release then?

And when they do, why is it always to fulfill a narrative, and extremely grey when it's done?

If there's no worry to be had then what's the problem with releasing each month with zero agenda?

Show us how many active players each month, and how many on each platform.

It's really not a big ask.

But I wouldn't want to play PUBG with PC vs Xbox so why should this be any different.

Lol, comparing a casual PVEVP game to a competitive tactical battle-royale. When they add headshots to guns, proper hit-reg, force crews towards eachother even in the adventure mode and have purely player killing gameplay objectives we'll compare. You can play SoT for hours without seeing soul, and if you do they might not even attack. You can play without even fighting anyone or having to fire a single shot and still progress in the game.

• @nwo-azcrack said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260
    Oh he had a one x!
    Blah blah blah.

Oh I think we all know the next crusade will be PVE servers. Once the realization sets in that getting rolled over and overpowered/outnumbered by players of their own console isn't any better, this is the direction the mob will turn towards to. Eeeveryone will be toxic all of a sudden.

• @bloodybil said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260
    Oh he had a one x!
    Blah blah blah.

Oh I think we all know the next crusade will be PVE servers. Once the realization sets in that getting rolled over and overpowered/outnumbered by players of their own console isn't any better, this is the direction the mob will turn towards to.

That crusade is already here, rare apparently said they wouldn't do it, but going by how they've been with some decisions this year, I wouldn't put it past them if they backtracked and pandered to it.

@bloodybil said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260
    Oh he had a one x!
    Blah blah blah.

Oh I think we all know the next crusade will be PVE servers. Once the realization sets in that getting rolled over and overpowered/outnumbered by players of their own console isn't any better, this is the direction the mob will turn towards to.

That crusade is already here, rare apparently said they wouldn't do it, but going by how they've been with some decisions this year, I wouldn't put it past them if they backtracked and pandered to it.

Yeah I know it's been there for a while, it's gone dormant in favor of this one for now, but it will come back for sure. I also am worried that Rare goes on a pandering spree, although they seemed more firm on that issue, judging from many tweets from the team.

At least, the good thing is that once people play with whatever console crowd they choose, there won't be any excuses on playing fields.

• @needsmokes said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@troubled-cells

Don't care if I am beaten fairly for any of it. But we're not!

All this will soon be behind us though, and the game will once again be worth playing.

Until then, enjoying many other games. Making the most of my game pass subscription.

Are you saying you're not currently playing ?

I though I saw you three days ago on the Ferry of the Damned

I waved, raised grog, played and danced...

• @bloodybil
    Oh ya, this has been predicted from the start of the crossplay talk. Xbox players will have no one to blame but themselves for losing. Then they will grab pitchforks and demand to play alone.
    Sad but true

• @nwo-azcrack your comparing an opt out lobby to a PvE server. That's why we don't want to be on your pool. You think Xbox players are generally bad, and that we just need a pvE server. Lol that says it for itself.

@nwo-azcrack your comparing an opt out lobby to a PvE server. That's why we don't want to be on your pool. You think Xbox players are generally bad, and that we just need a pvE server. Lol that says it for itself.

I mean, the countless threads on this forum with users asking for it from a vocal group gives him ground.

I personally don't think all Xbox players are bad at the game, just as I don't think all PC players are good at the game.

But all these groups wanting division is getting silly now.

• @blatantwalk4260 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@starquest 1 guy on pc can 1v4 a whole xbox crew with double gun bunny hop spamming.

I honestly think there should be 3 gametypes to simplify things. Aventure, Xbox Arena and Double gun bunny hop spamming.

• Plus the pc salt on these last couple of pages has got me dried out. Most games have a split servers of pc/playstation/xbox etc and are fine as ever. It seems strange that Pc players want to play with xbox so much in SOT normally on other platforms they would be desperate to have the masterrace only

• @princessasuna96 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

Plus the pc salt on these last couple of pages has got me dried out. Most games have a split servers of pc/playstation/xbox etc and are fine as ever. It seems strange that Pc players want to play with xbox so much in SOT normally on other platforms they would be desperate to have the masterrace only

I wouldn't call it strange, I see it as a sign of the times changing and that we are in that awkward transition period, and most games isn't all games either.

That's just my take on it anywho.

• It's not even a big change. All people on Xbox who use mouse and keyboard will be joining the PC players, as well as the random open crews which I've been seeing alot of lately. You'll be dine

• @troubled-cells I haven't seen anyone on this feedback section for crossplay that has asked for a PVE server once. So I have no idea what youre talking about. You can go ahead and pin the quotes but I haven't seen anyone asking for a PvE server. Atleast on the topic of crossplay.

It's not even a big change. All people on Xbox who use mouse and keyboard will be joining the PC players, as well as the random open crews which I've been seeing alot of lately. You'll be dine

I like a good buffet

@troubled-cells I haven't seen anyone on this feedback section for crossplay that has asked for a PVE server once. So I have no idea what youre talking about. You can go ahead and pin the quotes but I haven't seen anyone asking for a PvE server. Atleast on the topic of crossplay.

Use the search function for the forum, I've seen loads of threads asking for PvE.

• @princessasuna96

Most games have a split servers of pc/playstation/xbox etc and are fine as ever.

The opposite also exist with people having no problems being combined. You act as if the other doesn't even exist.

It seems strange that Pc players want to play with xbox so much in SOT normally on other platforms they would be desperate to have the masterrace only

Where are these people and what game? I have never run into people on PC that get upset with playing with another platform. While elitist on both platform exists, the vast majority could care less.

@troubled-cells I haven't seen anyone on this feedback section for crossplay that has asked for a PVE server once. So I have no idea what youre talking about. You can go ahead and pin the quotes but I haven't seen anyone asking for a PvE server. Atleast on the topic of crossplay.

I see you seem rather new on the forum, but a while ago PVE servers request posts were all the rage.

What we are speculating is that once the opt-out will be implemented, those posts will most likely come back because players won't have PC players to blame for being sunk anymore, and will turn towards all other pirates as being the problem and will ask for safe spaces once more. Want to join on the bet?

• I play with a lot of pc gamers. I am xbox we all know they have the advantage! Shut the pie holes!

Views
3534 out of 3601