Legendary Sea Dog Commendation: Rebalance [UPDATED - Read OP]

• @jack3ast if the time limit stays they need to add a few more weeks to it. There no way I can make that. Along with many others. But I'm actively trying

• @tart-tee some have jobs and noone to lean on. We cant all play 10+ hours day. I think there should be a time limit tho. Just maybe add a month to it[july24th] no disrespect here either. Hope you didnt take that way

• Im so salty, they’re not doing this change wth ! How I can ever achieve 240 as Pirate Legend?? I have not one single win as non PL! Where are the cryers?? 100 Wins is more than hard as Casual player with limited play time! Rare I’m angry, I’m raging so let the Shrouded Ghost at 50 for Grade V, gimme back the 1000 Captain chests for grade V! Hell NO!!

• First they heard us out
    And see that it is hard to archive for any Normal Player

And then they DONT do the change just because those few Pvp players
    Who just doing Arena anyway are whining about that a change would be unfair

They get a special cosmetic for their effort isnt that enough?

• As a Pirate Legend who strictly does PvP, 240 first-place wins is an absurd amount. I was excited to hear it was going to be reduced to 100, which also makes it line up with the Xbox Achievement for it.

Please reconsider again. Long-term goals are great in games, but they should also have a healthy balance to them. 240 wins in first place is NOT that.

Regarding the Xbox Achievement, it almost seems you guys intended to make it 100 originally. Why are the two different?

• @the-bonesawer why is 240 an absurd amount ? You can get it over the stretch of now and when sea of thieves as a game is no more.

It is healthy to say that the coming years we dont need to worry for that (since they still have a multi year plan) 1 win a day keeps the doctor away and is easily doable and you will have the comm before you know it

• @demonicmonkey7 the achievement percentages are unbelievable skewed since especially at realease alot played for two weeks (gamepass trial) and then quit, they still count towards that percentage.

And then you have the friends play free week from a few months ago.

They are not reliable

• @MoronicStraw A Blunderbuss? A bit confused by that decision, can you explain why you chose a projectile weapon that not everyone uses in their equip slots over a Sword that 98% of people who play Arena use in their equip slots?

Now all of us who would love to brandish our 240 wins "unique skin" can only do so if we equip a weapon that some of us think is a bit too EZmode and tacky to use against other crews.

Would be super cool if you could at least include a Jacket that we can wear to go with our 240 wins because making it just a blunderbuss weapon cosmetic that only some use in Arena/PvP is not so cool or complementary to those who have mustered the achievement that hardly ever equip a blunderbuss.

And I know you can't please everyone all the time, but given that about 98% of us Arena veterans have a sword and the other 2% definitely use a sword more often then non-blunderbuss users use a blunderbuss... it would definitely be fair to say the majority of people would be reached making the cosmetic a sword instead of ANY projectile weapon. Glad you are working hard and listening and being transparent on your decisions. Thanks for all you do.... "Here's hoping to a jacket or sword or something else complimenting the 240 wins that more can enjoy brandishing then just one of the projectile weapons"

(*At the end of the day with nothing about the achievement changing it is just a Fifth cosmetic (additional blunderbuss cosmetic) to go along with the Four PL weapon skins that are unlocked at the exact same time... making it really just a sorry for the confusion additional skin, so I guess just a thanks for the additional skin be all that need be said and applied. Sorry for my lil post of curiosity questioning)

*Tiphat *
    Capt'n Sanguin

• Why do these self-proclaimed 'causuals' complain about not being able to reach this anyway, isn't it called causual for a reason?

• @callmebackdraft There are other content in the game the i would like to experience and having to get 240 win take way to much time and effort and arena can get really repetitive. 100 is enough of a challenge to most players and it gives us time to explore the other aspects of the game. Not to mention the other challenging commendations in the game which also take time. So having 100 win is reasonable.

• @darkstar5072 i enjoy every single bit of content in this game, be it arena, tall tales, forts, ship raids or regular voyages.

Lately i made the CHOICE to grind arena a bit more because i want to get 240 wins before the now non existant june 24th deadline, but Choice is the operator there.

You make it seem like getting 240 wins in arena blocks you from experiencing anything else and that is what the people worried about this are wrong about.

Eveybody is talking about the grind, be it hunter’s call, arena, gold hoarders, merchant or OoS. But there is no grind just content in the game that takes time to complete, you dont have to do it now or within a set time limit, you can do it whenever you CHOOSE.

Do some arena and win/compleye a couple matches, go to and do some tall tales or whatever. Have fun! Take your time and complete it over time, there is no one and nothing forcing you to do it now instead of any other time in the future.

• @jack3ast some of us complain about it because we like the game we bought and don't want to sink so much time into a excrement game mode that strips away all the magic of the game and replaces it with forced proximity to jerks spewing profantiy.

I don't mind if there are things I can't get if I don't play arena, but it was a big middle finger to us to put the only pirate legend weapons outside of the real game. If they thought the weapons should be linked to pvp, they could have easily made that a condition to unlock them in adventure.

• @william-flint I mean let's be honest here only bog reason people use weapons is for pvp, there are plenty of other weapons to use to kill skellies they finally made something for people good at pvp. Honestly if they want to give the pve players some weapons then have them kill 500 skellies or something and make different weapons for that achievement.

• @darkstar5072 it's only 120 hours of winning get a good team going and it's easy you play 2 hours a day and get 4 wins each time it will only take you about 2 months not that long, I was able to get my wins and so we're some of the people I play with I currently have a crew that all have legendary seadog 240 wins so it's not hard you just have to be good at being a pirate not a farmer.

• @wesley-sanguin the blunder buss looks like a rushed retentive of the current seadog one they should have put a lot more effort into the item if someone gets 240 wins which bow the main requirement is 240 wins for the legendary stuff anyway that blunder buss is honestly lazy compared to the detail of the weapons in the legendary set.

• @fast-bike94 you missed my point....In happy to have the legend weapons require pvp. In the game that I bought, not some awful spinoff. They could have had us kill 1000 other players, or deliver 2000 pieces of treasure taken from other players in adventure. That would actually require pirate like activities.....finding, chasing down, and killing your opponents. Instead they locked it behind some subpar mashup of sea of thieves and pubg/call of duty/whatever other lame deathmatch flavor of the month game is out there. I'm not opposed to being forced in pvp, I'm opposed to them attempting to force me into another game to boost their arena player numbers.

• @william-flint I see what you mean at the same time only the people that don't have good crews will not get the weapons which I think is a good thing as a lot of people in adventure have no idea how to pvp but in arena a lot do and you have to be good at it against other decent players to get the wins takes a lot more effort than going and killing some afk dude in adventure over and over and over

• On personal level I'm absolutely appalled by seeing the notion of requirements for these achievements to be lowered, if anything they should be heightened, multiplied by 10, a requirement of 2400 wins for legendary sea dog minimum.

It's natural to sympathize with people in distress but you should tell them to take their pity and turn it into ambition and GIT GUT instead of soothing their cries and redesigning the reward system to comfort them.

• I reached 100 but I am not able to purchase any of the legendary weapons besides the pistol. Please help

• So let me get this straight you need 100 wins to get all legend weapons and 240 wins for unique items or 240 for both cause I'm really confused and if so it is 240 wins for both don't you think that's a little much cause you don't always and each match is 20 minutes long so if you won every game that's like 3 days of nonstop grinding all I'm saying is please tell me it's 100 wins for all legend weapons cause one reason why I stopped playing was because of such a grind so of it is 240 for all please make a change I don't like grinding so much on one thing that it just doesn't seem worth it that's all I have to say.

• @timbosgirl22 You were able to purchase the PL pistol at 100 wins? The revise announcement was changed back to 240 wins from 100 a week later.

• At 100 wins you just get pistol fix please

• @skullcru5her235 Did you get the flintlock at 100? Currently its 240 wins for pl weapons. I dont think you get the pistol at 100 wins...

• @xeagle97x most of the people I've played with have the pistol at 100 wins and I've seen it don't know what's going on but o really hope they fix it

• @skullcru5her235 also don't think I going to grind anymore due to the fact that its 240 wins if it was 240 1,2,3 place wins I would be fine with that but almost everything they have put in the game that I liked has just been to much of a grind I like the game I like playing it but if it's going to keep going like this then I'm going to have to pass on to something else that doesn't make you work so hard to get a cosmetic

• @skullcru5her235 one reason at the start of the game big thing that everyone left it was because it was so drawn out so long so much of a grind only doing one thing so sot if you really want this game to do well don't make things so long hard and grindy to do make it to where it's not that long not so grindy and please please listen to this side of the community cause i feel like your listening to the side that has people with no job nothing better to do and has all the time in the world but don't just take it from me just ask the community cause all I've been seeing is people that are so upset that all the best things are just to to far away from reach

• @william-flint said in Legendary Sea Dog Commendation: Rebalance:

@jack3ast some of us complain about it because we like the game we bought and don't want to sink so much time into a excrement game mode that strips away all the magic of the game and replaces it with forced proximity to jerks spewing profantiy.

I don't mind if there are things I can't get if I don't play arena, but it was a big middle finger to us to put the only pirate legend weapons outside of the real game. If they thought the weapons should be linked to pvp, they could have easily made that a condition to unlock them in adventure.

This exactly man.

I don't mind the arena mode, I think it's a cool addition.
    But I bought the game for the Adventure mode, not some deathmatch pubg thing, I don't care for match style gameplay personally.

So why make us do the Arena to get the Pirate Legend weapons?
    Why not have an alternative that requires us to complete a certain number of Skullforts while Pirate Legend?
    So that way players can either do Arena or Skullforts for the weapons.

• Does anyone know what unique weapon cosmetic this will be?

• @whiskeyghost89

U can search for it on the internet.
    It basicly is a reskinned sea dog blunderbus

• @weakdexx thanks for the reply matey

• Wait did I miss something? Why isnt it at 100 but still at 240??

• @radiantchunk00 because Rare realized the arena is a pile of garbage and needed the weapons to keep players playing longer, thus making their new game look more successful than it is?

• I can't even come in first in arena in an open game, impossible to come in first 100 or 240 times to get the legendary sword.

Views
238 out of 243