What if Blizzard Ent bought Rare studios? Been toying with that idea in my mind today.

• What if Blizzard Ent bought Rare studios? Been toying with that idea in my mind today. I wounder how the game would evolve.

Views
  • This is a very random question. What if Hugo Boss bought Versace? Individually, both have their merits. I think Rare are doing a fantastic job and I dread to think what would happen if some big group like EA or blizzard took over.

• @peteloaf777 It is a random question indeed, that's why I posted in off-topic. Allthough the connection bewteen Blizzard/rare and hugoboss/versace is more random.

• @sharktoothjake
    We would all be doomed. Blizzard has lost their way.
    Their first update would be microtransactions with 20$ mounts

• Blizzard had a huge commitment to their games. They would strive to make the best game they could. They were dedicated to making the games that people would love and play for years or even decades. Activision blizzard seems to be more focused on making money.

Blizzard would have focused on improving the game for the players, increasing the enjoyment people get and ultimately increasing the life of the game. Activision blizzard will probably focus more on improving the profit from the game.

• @testakleze
    Ya i probably should have clarifed my post. Its sad to watch all my favorite game companies be overrun with corporate greed. Especially Bethesda

• A more interesting thought would be if the old Blizzard North had a hand in Sea of Thieves. I imagine it would be a darker world. The concept art of the cut sea that had a gothic feel to it probably woulda made it in at launch.

• It's a pretty vague question. Honestly I wouldn't know where to start... Okay, I'll bite.

Pure speculation here, but combat would get a heck of lot better.

• There wouldn't be any bunnyhopping, and I could sail a ship, fire cannons, and cook fish with a sandwich in my hand. Combat too.

My pirate would have a chopper for a mount.

• @barnabas-seadog said in What if Blizzard Ent bought Rare studios? Been toying with that idea in my mind today.:

My pirate would have a chopper for a mount.

Only if you pay for the Captain's Pass at $7.99/month, which also allows you and anyone on your crew to access the Wilds zone. If you sign up for the $12.99/month Admiral's Pass you unlock the option to choose Brigantine at the ship selection screen and grants you access to both the Shore's of Gold and Devil's Roar zones. Your friends would also have to purchase the Admiral Pass if they wanted to join you.

• What??? Is Rare for sale??? Here piggy ,piggy bank...Old Georgye is coming to slaughter ye! Oooh , i do hope i have enough money to buy this Studio over ... ( * Dream on, George , you old fool , you can't buy a whole studio with that pocketmoney you earn, besides...What would you suggest their next game would be ? Probably a game about a fool who escaped the mental institution , isn't it , dear old boy....hahahahaha)

• Would never happen because of MS

• @clumsy-george
    What do you smoke and where can I get it?

• @marsmayflower
    Multiple sclerosis?

• They would probably try to make it mobile....

• @sharktoothjake said in What if Blizzard Ent bought Rare studios? Been toying with that idea in my mind today.:

@marsmayflower
    Multiple sclerosis?

Muh...muh... Microsoft.

Views
9 out of 16