Brig chases, Skeleton Fleet fights and the unfriendly Galleon

• So I spawn on Plunder outpost, complete 3 stock runs and start my voyage. I wanted to sail to The Shores Of Plenty. I've got a theory regarding one of the islands and wanted to check if my theory is correct (so far my theory has proved true on 3 separate occasions). Not gonna tell you what it is because think it's a bit of a glitch that could be farmed.

Anyhow, as I'm halfway there I notice a brig making a bee line straight towards me, my closest island is Mermaids Hideaway. I know if that Brig is fully manned, I'm a goner on the open sea so I head straight for it.

As I get there the Brig is hot on my heals. I know I can circumnavigate that island quicker than they, so I angle the sails for my turn, cut past the south side of the island as close as I dare, steer hard right, and start lifting my sails to complete the turn tighter than they can. When I'm facing due north I slam my sails back down, catch the wind leaving them making their turn wide and giving me the breathing space I need.

Anyway, this continues till I'm half an island ahead of them, they just won't give up and I'm getting a bit bored. I've spotted a galleon flying the Reapers mark to the north engaged in a skelly fleet battle and think, "perhaps I could lure the brig into the fight". So off I go,

By the time I get there the brig has regained the distance they'd lost during our island dance. The music changes, the galleon fires on me and then on the Brig. As I turn to flee back south, the holes the brig has taken gives me the breathing space I had lost... But now as I look behind me, I have a brig and a Galleon bearing down on me..

Great, out the frying pan and into the fire. There's a small hope in my head that the galleon is taking my side (turns out that wasn't the case)

Anyhow, after a shorter dance around Mermaids hideaway, the brig finally manages to ram me, but not hard enough. I'd made a hard turn and they just clipped by aft. I see one of their crew jump ship and try to board me. Keeping an eye on my ladders I realise he's missed. Phahahaha! I pass the Galleon on my left. weirdly they seem to have taken the opportunity to do a spot of fishing.

So back North I turn, FINALLY the brig has given up, but the Galleon takes their place. I'm making straight for that fleet battle and the skeleton Gally is hovering near Golden Sands. My hope is the skelly's will come to my aid.

Sadly, this is where my trusty vessel sinks. The Galleon had caught up with me and filled my ship full of holes as I was trying to make a tight turn around The Outpost. Oh well, no bother. I had no loot anyway.

As I'm spawning back to my Sloop, I can hear the tortured groaning of my boats hull and the rushing of water... By the time my screen clears from black, I get to witness my ship sinking into it's salty grave, I look up, hoping to see the hull of the Galleon that sunk me, but unable to see anything I pop my head above water.

There, bearing down on me is the Skelly Galleon. I catch their ladder and hang there for dear life. The battle I interrupted earlier now resumed. I'm watching this epic fight from the perspective of the skelly ships ladder, cannonballs smashing holes to the left and right of me... then I watch one fly through the air, I know I'm a goner... There's nothing I can do, I try to run up the ladder but too late. It clips me knocking me back into the sea.

Before becoming meat for the sharks I watch as the two Galleons sail off exchanging fire, I try to give chase, but I'm not that fast a swimmer.

Anyway, even though I made no character progress, spent my whole session running away and eventually met my demise at the teeth of those soulless sharks. I had a great session on my solo sloop and had many a laugh at the floundering attempts of that Brig trying to keep up with my nimble craft.

Views
  • Lol awsome story.
    Now about that theory......
    Ur gonna have me wondering all day while im stuck at work for the next 11 hours 😪

• @nwo-azcrack LOL not telling. Don't think Rare would appreciate it. Want to test it a few times more first before I report it.

• @guybrush3pwood2
    Alright..... i guess i wont pester u about it.
    If its an exploit i would rather it not see the light of day here on the forums.
    Thats my favorite side of the map so i was extra curious.

• @guybrush3pwood2 said in Brig chases, Skeleton Fleet fights and the unfriendly Galleon:

So I spawn on Plunder outpost, complete 3 stock runs and start my voyage. I wanted to sail to The Shores Of Plenty. I've got a theory regarding one of the islands and wanted to check if my theory is correct (so far my theory has proved true on 3 separate occasions). Not gonna tell you what it is because think it's a bit of a glitch that could be farmed.

Anyhow, as I'm halfway there I notice a brig making a bee line straight towards me, my closest island is Mermaids Hideaway. I know if that Brig is fully manned, I'm a goner on the open sea so I head straight for it.

As I get there the Brig is hot on my heals. I know I can circumnavigate that island quicker than they, so I angle the sails for my turn, cut past the south side of the island as close as I dare, steer hard right, and start lifting my sails to complete the turn tighter than they can. When I'm facing due north I slam my sails back down, catch the wind leaving them making their turn wide and giving me the breathing space I need.

Anyway, this continues till I'm half an island ahead of them, they just won't give up and I'm getting a bit bored. I've spotted a galleon flying the Reapers mark to the north engaged in a skelly fleet battle and think, "perhaps I could lure the brig into the fight". So off I go,

By the time I get there the brig has regained the distance they'd lost during our island dance. The music changes, the galleon fires on me and then on the Brig. As I turn to flee back south, the holes the brig has taken gives me the breathing space I had lost... But now as I look behind me, I have a brig and a Galleon bearing down on me..

Great, out the frying pan and into the fire. There's a small hope in my head that the galleon is taking my side (turns out that wasn't the case)

Anyhow, after a shorter dance around Mermaids hideaway, the brig finally manages to ram me, but not hard enough. I'd made a hard turn and they just clipped by aft. I see one of their crew jump ship and try to board me. Keeping an eye on my ladders I realise he's missed. Phahahaha! I pass the Galleon on my left. weirdly they seem to have taken the opportunity to do a spot of fishing.

So back North I turn, FINALLY the brig has given up, but the Galleon takes their place. I'm making straight for that fleet battle and the skeleton Gally is hovering near Golden Sands. My hope is the skelly's will come to my aid.

Sadly, this is where my trusty vessel sinks. The Galleon had caught up with me and filled my ship full of holes as I was trying to make a tight turn around The Outpost. Oh well, no bother. I had no loot anyway.

As I'm spawning back to my Sloop, I can hear the tortured groaning of my boats hull and the rushing of water... By the time my screen clears from black, I get to witness my ship sinking into it's salty grave, I look up, hoping to see the hull of the Galleon that sunk me, but unable to see anything I pop my head above water.

There, bearing down on me is the Skelly Galleon. I catch their ladder and hang there for dear life. The battle I interrupted earlier now resumed. I'm watching this epic fight from the perspective of the skelly ships ladder, cannonballs smashing holes to the left and right of me... then I watch one fly through the air, I know I'm a goner... There's nothing I can do, I try to run up the ladder but too late. It clips me knocking me back into the sea.

Before becoming meat for the sharks I watch as the two Galleons sail off exchanging fire, I try to give chase, but I'm not that fast a swimmer.

Anyway, even though I made no character progress, spent my whole session running away and eventually met my demise at the teeth of those soulless sharks. I had a great session on my solo sloop and had many a laugh at the floundering attempts of that Brig trying to keep up with my nimble craft.

nice tale mate it's was amazing probable

Views
1 out of 5