Is it possible

• Is it possible that the devs can actually FIX a bug that has been reported since launch BY MANY MANY PEOPLE
    And that bug that often happen in sloops with skellies
    So what happens is on order of souls voyages if one person dies as the other spawns on the boat THE ORDER SKELLIES DE SPAWN and you have to suicide to get them to spawn
    this has been reported SINCE launch by my self a dozen times and BY MANY MANY others
    and nothing has been done.
    Do i have to become a streamer AND then report before rare will listen?

Views
  • I feel your anger and frustration bro and have fallen into tho trap myself to many times, being aggressive and demanding. It doesn’t help you and doesn’t make them wanna fix it! They will be working away to fix it but tbh they have had to add content and other things to maintain a player base that are able to encounter this miner problem - don’t both die bro “gITT GuDd bro!!” And bugs gone!!

But yeah on a serious note (sorry to preach I’ve been a deckhead on here before too) but that isn’t the way to get things :)

• @itskingbertie yeah and after a year of nothing it just falls upon deaf ears

• @the-tonkinese said in Is it possible:

@itskingbertie yeah and after a year of nothing it just falls upon deaf ears

Well we won’t truly know until it’s fixed but hang in there!

U might get to level 50 before it’s fixed and never need it to be fixed anyway ;)

• @itskingbertie im just working on the achievements 60 to go for the achievement
    and it makes you remember how annoying this bug is

• @the-tonkinese said in Is it possible:

@itskingbertie im just working on the achievements 60 to go for the achievement
    and it makes you remember how annoying this bug is

Hahaha well it’s a race!!

Who will win RARE to fix the bug

Or

TONKINESE to do 60 level 50 voyages!

Have your say in the comments below ;)

• Happens at forts as well. Drives us nuts when we can't get them to respawn.

We kill ourselves and the cannon skeletons also come back with the island .....🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• @mouse-n-keybord yep it is bloody terrible

• Yea, I'm really surprised this issue hasn't been fixed. If you've done a bunch of OoS voyages you're doomed to come across the bug, it's basically part of the experience right now. :/

• Or what about the stuttering, rubber banding and freezing issue that has been going on since launch. Or what about the cannon glitch where you are trying to shoot yourself in front of a ship so you can try to board them but it shoots you straight up in the air or back behind your own ship. Or what about the get stuck in random place on the map glitch where the game is suppose to detect this and teleport you back to the ship (which can be frustrating if you were trying to complete an objective because now you just have to walk back ) or when it doesn't teleport you so you are stuck there until you log off the game if you are playing Solo. When that happens to me I just don't log back in and play a different sort of game. I'm sure I could go on but point is many many bugs since launch but still aren't fixed after over a year so probably won't be fixed.

Oh, and the loading times, love those black screens instead of playing.....

• Yeah, while I think they've done a great job otherwise with this game, one area they've come up short in is polishing out some of the long outstanding bugs/design flaws.

• Aforementioned skellie despawn bug
    • 1000 grogs music at random still a bug (Was kind of a frustrating moment when Joe was either mockingly or actually surprised when he encountered it on a stream a few months back). I had it happen myself again just last night.
    • Cannon aim glitches at the far ends of range still a thing on occasion
    • Brig cannons still need mild tuning
    • Funny as it is, I'd like to see skeleton ships not beach themselves, or float over islands when they feel like it
    • Skeleton ship CCB usage needs a look. Little ridiculous to have a spread out crew all get sleep/jigballed at different ends of the ship, then timed so you get cc'ed again just as you get control back
    • Too many other little bugs to take the time to recall at the moment
  • @the-tonkinese Its not a bug, it is by design so that the islands 'reset' when nobody is on them thus allowing islands to not be farmed. Ever seen pigs respawn? Of course not, but they will when no one is around to see ;)

• @captain-fet said in Is it possible:

@the-tonkinese Its not a bug, it is by design so that the islands 'reset' when nobody is on them thus allowing islands to not be farmed. Ever seen pigs respawn? Of course not, but they will when no one is around to see ;)

This, even tough i can understand it's annoying when 1 person is spawning while 1 is dying. They maybe should check on the timer to "fix" that.

Although i must say we often used this "feature" to farm animals etc.

• Well, it may seem simple, but maybe it isn't, or it would break more things that it fixes so maybe that's why they didn't fix it yet.

• The number of bugs that have been barely touched since launch is high.
    Don't expect much.

• @dotcomrobots said in Is it possible:

The number of bugs that have been barely touched since launch is high.
    Don't expect much.

The amount of bugs that have been touched is also high.

Expect whatever, whenever. They'll get to it.

• Huh I’ve never seen this. Have you tried not dying?

• @glannigan said in Is it possible:

Huh I’ve never seen this. Have you tried not dying?

Love how folks will blame the player when the game is at fault. Long load time, blame the player for that. The cannon glitch, players fault again they should not use cannons to the shoot themselves out of. Game is rubber banding or lagging, must be the players McD's wifi. Player gets stuck on terrain and game doesn't teleport, YUP THAT'S THE PLAYERS FAULT, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE WALKED THERE. Smh

• @contentzilla Ye no, obviously it's a bug of the game, but also I see a lot of players that say that Rare doesn't fix any bug, that they bring more bugs than they fix etc etc etc, but, this people really don't know how hard game development (or any application development), and even more in a multiplayer mode. Some things are easier than others to fix. The problem is that maybe if you fix something you are going to break something, and so on. So the devs need to be careful to fix things correctly and not rushed.

• @eggamer13 said in Is it possible:

@contentzilla Ye no, obviously it's a bug of the game, but also I see a lot of players that say that Rare doesn't fix any bug, that they bring more bugs than they fix etc etc etc, but, this people really don't know how hard game development (or any application development), and even more in a multiplayer mode. Some things are easier than others to fix. The problem is that maybe if you fix something you are going to break something, and so on. So the devs need to be careful to fix things correctly and not rushed.

I agree 100% that de-bugging is hard. I just get sick of say me complain that there's long load time and I'm told it's my hardware, or lack of and therefore I need to buy external SSD drive and I'm like NO! I play a lot of other game and none of them have the load time of SOT. So yes lets give them time but geesh after over a year some of these bugs are still present and therefore unacceptable to still be here since launch.

• @contentzilla Yeah, on PC the load times are bad too (obviously Xbox more), but I don't know why if they're loading all at once when you cross the door... If it's possible, I would keep the ship and it's surrounding (only X meters of radius) loaded and when you cross the door you already have the ship and it's stuff loaded, but maybe that could lead to several bad performance in the ferry... I don't know.

• @eggamer13 said in Is it possible:

@contentzilla Yeah, on PC the load times are bad too (obviously Xbox more), but I don't know why if they're loading all at once when you cross the door... If it's possible, I would keep the ship and it's surrounding (only X meters of radius) loaded and when you cross the door you already have the ship and it's stuff loaded, but maybe that could lead to several bad performance in the ferry... I don't know.

Yeah with the load times I think Rare is waiting for next generation consoles to drop which will fix the problem. Obviously if it could have been fixed it would have been by now since it's been over a year.

• @contentzilla “SoT2 - in stores Spring of 2022. A new sailing adventure... that is literally just the original game but fixed.”

Now that I’d look forward to.

• @they-sank said in Is it possible:

@contentzilla “SoT2 - in stores Spring of 2022. A new sailing adventure... that is literally just the original game but fixed.”

But I thought this was a, "game service" so it would go on and on like WOW. However, I would be a big supporter of SOT 2 because I feel like they just barely missed the mark on this one. Maybe if they dropped the current version and started over with SOT 2 with all they learned they'd have to nail the next one, right?

• Didn't notice it mentioned, but this isn't limited to the sloop. It can happen on any ship, just more common with only 2 players.

• @they-sank said in Is it possible:

@contentzilla “SoT2 - in stores Spring of 2022. A new sailing adventure... that is literally just the original game but fixed.”

Lol got 100 dabloons the wind glitch still wont be fixed 😟

Views
19 out of 26