5th day in a row 5th stolen Athena :)

Views
  • Sorry if my health bar kills it. 🤣 I can Photoshop it out maybe. 🤔

• There’s no actual way this is legit lol not 5 times in a row within 5 days.

• @approvedjoey said in 5th day in a row 5th stolen Athena :):

There’s no actual way this is legit lol not 5 times in a row within 5 days.

Player logged off
    image link
    "Given to us"
    https://i.postimg.cc/T1tFswqQ/20190621-223153.jpg

Sailed into us
    https://i.postimg.cc/J4yp8P1R/20190621-223131.jpg

Hid on a Galleon, alliance ship brings the chest
    https://i.postimg.cc/pr3YyM2R/20190621-223014.jpg

Tricked into a "trade"
    https://i.postimg.cc/GmCgjvCr/20190621-223001.jpg

• Would have been 6 but I was AFKing too much.....7 hours following/helping wasted.

• @mouse-n-keybord
    Post it on r/seaofthieves, and watch the downvotes roll in.

• that tguy who wrote "dude i need this chest i did it lot work for that"was obviously a solo player ....anyway its not sportmanlike for me posting that here, i mean no one cares if you ripped people off....

• @weedstar-deluxe said in 5th day in a row 5th stolen Athena :):

that tguy who wrote "dude i need this chest i did it lot work for that"was obviously a solo player ....anyway its not sportmanlike for me posting that here, i mean no one cares if you ripped people off....

He was apart of an alliance while on a brig. The Galleon he has an alliance with sunk our boat as we boarded, hid at Captains chair. They had a seafarers and a single Captains chest, they sunk to a Kracken shortly after leaving their final island. I see they killed a couple tentacles, slay them, take the loot and get to rowing to Plunder.

On my way over they beat me there, I drop the loot off at Lost Gold Fort before taking a gun powder over with me. My crew mate is bringing the ship back into the area 1 tile over as I decide to just camp there crows nest.

Next thing I know a Pirate Legend ship rolls up. I wait a couple more seconds before attacking and see his crewmate bring something up, I yell to my crew mate they have a Chest of Legends!!

I sword dash out the backside of the island and camp next to the tavern. As I see the Pirate Legend that did so much work walk into the tavern I cut his crewmate off with a couple swings to kill him and drop the chest. Pirate Legend doesn't realize till he is in the doorway as well and gets sliced to pieces.

I turn in and he was still asking where his chest was.... LOL!!

We laughed and took this photo. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Guy in the left was the hard working Pirate Legend and the guy the right watched me the entire time steal the chest. Watched as I climbed their crows nest. 🤔🤣😂
    https://i.postimg.cc/fLF9YQ0g/20190622-100556.png

• @mouse-n-keybord
    Nice

• @xinibbiruix said in 5th day in a row 5th stolen Athena :):

@mouse-n-keybord
    Post it on r/seaofthieves, and watch the downvotes roll in.

Them PvErs can watch these coconuts and bananas as I swoop in and steal everything they've worked so hard for.

• Pro tip....

Watch who you alliance with. Sometimes they will be carrying something much more evil that only wants to steal your loot.

#LegendaryThief #LetsGroupUp #Stolen

The convoy started like this.

https://i.postimg.cc/bv0pf7PS/20190622-101213.jpg

• @mouse-n-keybord As the embedded image contains inappropriate language, we have changed it to a link. Please be sure that if you post content that has any language in violation of the Forum Rules, that it's posted as an external link.

Embedded Media
    If you're sharing Sea of Thieves content that may include swearing, please do not embed the image into your post, add it as a link to view externally.

• Thread has been moved to Tavern Tales section.

• @triheadedmonkey said in 5th day in a row 5th stolen Athena :):

@mouse-n-keybord As the embedded image contains inappropriate language, we have changed it to a link. Please be sure that if you post content that has any language in violation of the Forum Rules, that it's posted as an external link.

Embedded Media
    If you're sharing Sea of Thieves content that may include swearing, please do not embed the image into your post, add it as a link to view externally.

Thanks boss! Fixed it. 😘

• Kudos to Ye and Crew for The Tales you must all have and providing pirates like i with a reason to keep a keen eye on the horizon.

Now i'm a mostly solo passive Pirate but i'll throw down if you force me too, that's just not my 1st choice of playstyle.
    As much as i hate to fall prey to fellow Pirates that prove to be far more bloodthirsty than i you have to admire the tactics, plays and dedication to the cause involved in things such as this.

If i was unfortunate enough lose the "Gilded Mercenary Voyage of Legends" or "Gilded Voyage of Legends" that i still own, to a crew such as yours the story to tell would be reward enough i'm sure.

Grog Tankard Raised!

• @mouse-n-keybord Let me be your apprentice.

• @approvedjoey said in 5th day in a row 5th stolen Athena :):

@mouse-n-keybord Let me be your apprentice.

Stole another one today. 😁

We ran into a sloop in the Devils Roar and I quickly hear from my crewmate they are on a Athena!🤯

Decide to kill them and continue moving west with a plan. I leave my crewmate at Morrows and sail west to the nearest Fort.

Quickly load up a rowboat as my teammate watches for the returning sloop.

After much work on how ships are seen and the distance they can be seen I use my teammate as a watch tower.

The enemy sloop comes into view from the south. Based on the islands they finish we figure out they had just done 2 skeleton quests, maybe a dig quest and a couple riddles and the merchant items left at the outpost.🤔

I make my way back to a near by rock near the outpost and rowboat 8 gunpowder barrels over!!😈🧨🛶

Suddenly they are also approaching the outpost!!! Do they have the Chest of Legends!?😱

Yes!? No!?😖😟

My friend is hiding somewhere and reporting to me on the other side of the Outpost while I'm inside the cave. They are turning in their remaining loot..... we must wait I tell him if he doesn't see it. They depart the island. We worry cause a mermaid thanks to my friend is still there. 😳

I began to litter the tavern with barrels! One next to the turn in, one on the roof, one on each side of the tavern, one near a wheel barrel outside, 2 more tucked in the rocks and one to the left of the tavern for me to see from the back. 🥰

We wait a few minutes as they sail to Flames End.

The Chest of Legends! 🤔

They B line it direct back to the Outpost with intent to crash!

My friend starts to chirp! "They have it and are coming up!"

He gives me the signal and I set off the chain reaction! Instantly killing the carrier. But his crew mate survives! 😮

I hurt my self from the blast and with low health attempt to help stop the enemy. My friend comes out of hiding after I get blundered to the face!!!
    😩😩😩☠

I'm asking if he got it......

I get the turn in while on the Ghost ship! 😁👍

I see the remaining enemy crewmen arrive and he asked what my friends name was....kinda weird but ok.

The enemy logs off without a peep.

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

• @mouse-n-keybord
    I swear u are one of the luckiest pirates i have ever seen. I will admit u are good at stalkin those legends tho. Well played sir, well played

• @nwo-azcrack said in 5th day in a row 5th stolen Athena :):

@mouse-n-keybord
    I swear u are one of the luckiest pirates i have ever seen. I will admit u are good at stalkin those legends tho. Well played sir, well played

Why thank you! I try to overanalyze the game and find little quarks here and there to help one up the competition.

Been working on a sailing route to help find ships faster.

Based on the distance that ships come into our view we've determined the max distance they can be seen.

With this info I made a nifty but super rough diagram to help spot ships in all corners besides the Devils Roar area due to the valcano eruptions.

🙂

• @mouse-n-keybord I worship you

• Stealing an athena in my opinion really isn't a difficult task. It's more about the time you are willing to devote to basically stalking another crew. I can sleep aboard peoples ships all day long then run off with their chest.

I mean congrats on stealing them we have gotten 3 but I can't sit around anymore waiting for lack luster crews to finish a 7 hour athena. Plus you never know if randos throw a cancel voyage knife then leave game. All your time can be wasted for nothing.

I'd like to put my crew against yours and see who stays afloat. We don't really brag about our play style and what we do but we really don't sink...ever Anyways hit me up we could get in a server together maybe :D

• @mouse-n-keybord
    You know i have stolen an ungodly amount of loot from players, but never an athena. The few times i was sure they had one on board they did a drive by and turned it in before i could catch em. I just dont have the patience to stalk my prey while they dig up those chests. Im here more for the ship battles than the loot.
    And the window of time to steal that athena is so small. Just from the point of diggin it up to the nearest outpost.
    Which is why i applaud you for takin the time and having the knowledge of whos doin athena and when to snatch em.
    At first i thought u were just here to brag, and i hate braggers.
    But the more i read and thought about what it takes to steal an athena i realised its more that you are just happy about it and wanted to share.
    Kudos mate to your style of play. Its epic. You are the true definition of a pirate.
    Plus someone has to keep those legends on their toes doin those athena runs.
    Like i said well played sir, well played.
    Gonna keep ur map and try it out next time im huntin for ships to sink

• Id be proper gutted if you nicked my athena.... im not adverse to a bit of theft and think its what makes the game great...... i hope you leave a note on the map with the samaritans details on before you leave with said athena!!!..... poor pirates, .... could be an increase in pirate suicide rates otherwise!

• Im sad there was no day 6 athena stolen.
    Oh well, ya had a good run mate.

Views
14 out of 24