Double sword dash eating fruit while blocking what is going on in the seas

• Dude single handedly sits there and spawn traps the whole gallon. openly admits to using these exploits. instant sword lunging after missing shooting while blocking eating fruit while blocking. come on rare with these bugs anyone else having issues with people using these exploits and is this considered cheating should I report this

Views
  • PC players.

• @polktergeist said in Double sword dash eating fruit while blocking what is going on in the seas:

Dude single handedly sits there and spawn traps the whole gallon. openly admits to using these exploits. instant sword lunging after missing shooting while blocking eating fruit while blocking. come on rare with these bugs anyone else having issues with people using these exploits and is this considered cheating should I report this

Video please.

• @polktergeist said in Double sword dash eating fruit while blocking what is going on in the seas:

should I report this

Yes.

• I've seen this also. I might still have a video. Xbox players can do this but it's extremely hard to do on a controller. But yes you can sword lunge then lunge again without a cool down while turning mid lunge up to 90 degrees I've seen it. this along with the new double gun where you shoot Sprint shoot bs needs to be addressed

• A lot of people need to understand this, just because you have no valid explanation that doesn't mean their is none. Actual video's of this would be greatly appreciated.

A long time ago I saw a player shooting through solid objects. My first thought was this guy is cheating, but I stopped myself and asked a question. Do I know for a fact that bullets can't travel through walls/objects? Rather than assume, I tested it for myself. I took GP Barrels and placed them from top deck to mid deck adjacent to the mamp table and the other location behind the forward mast. Shot at the mast where the barrel was and it exploded, same thing happened with the other barrel. Turns out he wasn't cheating, and glad I didn't report the guy

Most if not all cheating sightings in this game can be chopped up to either lag, poor hit registration, or a fundamental lack of understanding of the game. That being said, It might have been cheating or exploiting, but proof is needed.

• @nabberwar said in Double sword dash eating fruit while blocking what is going on in the seas:

A lot of people need to understand this, just because you have no valid explanation that doesn't mean their is none. Actual video's of this would be greatly appreciated.

Most if not all cheating sightings in this game can be chopped up to either lag, poor hit registration, or a fundamental lack of understanding of the game. That being said, It might have been cheating or exploiting, but proof is needed.

It's indeed an exploit although i haven't encountered it but my crewmates have seen it. Eventhough there is no evidence on these forums (and we should keep it this way).

Reporting a player you need to only {edit typo} if your 100% sure he / she is cheating, submitting a supportticket when in doubt with as much evidence you have so Rare can investigate.

• @nessiroj
    Point of clarification, we refering to OP's or my story?

• @nabberwar op's in addition to your reply :)

• @genuine-heather na I'm not trying to get people banned I didn't record it

• Rare just need to fix their broken game and take the time to put something out worth a dang it took them how long for this update just to introduce how many more bugs they have messed with the combat system and broke it

• I also came across the instant lunge, the guy didnt even had to "charge" it, so frustrating... The opt out option needs to happen soon, especially for arena, so tired of people cheating/exploiting the game...

• @lord-budstep I've had a bug where I received damage before doing a lunge, thought it had been canceled and I ended up lunging anyways without having the animation playing (I propulsed forward in my regular pose, the guy in front received damage and got knocked away). I was as shocked as my opponent. I reported the bug.

But I guess it's easier to pin all the worlds evil on the evil PC boogeyman instead of taking a minute to think about what might have happened. Keep stirring the pot my friend.

• @bloodybil Totally not what happened to me, dont try to put words in my mouth..

Like I said, the guy instant dashed me, without taking any damage before. I reported it, but no video proof since it was on the insider.

Guess you're a PC player? PC players usually likes to defend their fellows, even if they're not cheating/exploiting the game themself, I dont understand this...

• If you suspect an exploit (like in this case) report it to Rare so they can fix it.

If you suspect someone is using a cheat you will have to record it if you want Rare to (maybe) take any action.

That's about the best that you can do. The first problem will get fixed (and inevitably be replaced with new exploits) The second problem will never go away as long as there are people. So you'd better learn to live with it.

• @lord-budstep said in Double sword dash eating fruit while blocking what is going on in the seas:

@bloodybil Totally not what happened to me, dont try to put words in my mouth..

Like I said, the guy instant dashed me, without taking any damage before. I reported it, but no video proof since it was on the insider.

Guess you're a PC player? PC players usually likes to defend their fellows, even if they're not cheating/exploiting the game themself, I dont understand this...

Did I say that's what happened? I simply retold an experience I've lived, where I encountered a bug that could have been perceived as cheating when it's something I had no control over.

Keep going with your PC-phobia though, real good look.

• @bloodybil I dont have any problem or phobia against PC players, in fact, when I play, I always play with a PC friend of mine, so again you're putting words in my mouth...

I was simply implying that most of the cheaters/exploiters are PC players (double gun for example)

Im done talking with you since you have 0 arguments except "you think PC players are evil, you have a phobia of PC players, blah blah blahhh"... Rolling on deck laughing ! -_-'

• @lord-budstep said in Double sword dash eating fruit while blocking what is going on in the seas:

@bloodybil I dont have any problem or phobia against PC players, in fact, when I play, I always play with a PC friend of mine, so again you're putting words in my mouth...

I was simply implying that most of the cheaters/exploiters are PC players (double gun for example)

"I don't have any problem with PC players but they are all cheaters and exploiters"

So much sense, thanks for the clarification.

Im done talking with you since you have 0 arguments except "you think PC players are evil, you have a phobia of PC players, blah blah blahhh"... Rolling on deck laughing ! -_-'

"I'm done talking with you since I painted myself in a corner"

Alrighty then. Fair winds!

• @ajm123 said in Double sword dash eating fruit while blocking what is going on in the seas:

I've seen this also. I might still have a video. Xbox players can do this but it's extremely hard to do on a controller. But yes you can sword lunge then lunge again without a cool down while turning mid lunge up to 90 degrees I've seen it. this along with the new double gun where you shoot Sprint shoot bs needs to be addressed

My crew has witnessed this as well while in Arena. Single player hopping around while charging a lunge, would miss the lunge only to continue hopping and charging another lunge. He would do this until he landed a hit then follow through with a blunder or flurry of swings.

Pain in the A to take him down with Hit Reg as it is, our strikes couldn't pin him. Despite what some are saying, this is an exploit that I can reproduce inconsistently on a Controller as it is quite difficult. Haven't tried either M&KB yet, so can't say how easy it is there.

I also cannot say I have seen the other complaints, but I believe they may exist.

• @bloodybil Do you know how to read?? You're funny dude...

• This exploit has been out since the day the game came out. Rare just doesn't seem to care. They took away the ability to continue to act after missing a sword hit, but didn't account for it within the sword lunge. The reason people can move inside of the sword lunge cool down is that they purposefully strike the ground during it, which allows them to dodge out of the cool down movement lock. This is not something new, just something Rare doesn't care to fix.

• Video or it never happened.

. instant sword lunging after missing

I think I accidentally pulled this off twice when playing arena. not sure how I did it

Views
16 out of 24