The Great Easter Egg Hunt

• Ahoy Maties!

It has come to my attention that in the past few updates there has been a wealth of community based easter eggs added to the game.

Our old hunt/discussion found here has been long overdue an update, and now, I feel is the right time to start the hunt again!

Have you seen anything out there on the waves maties? I am looking to add to the list so we can preserve these findings for future pirates!

Keep me posted pirates!

And as always... Happy Sailing!

alt text

Views
  • @musicmee great post matey enjoy searching everyone

• @musicmee Nice of you to remind us all :-) I'll keep my eyes open and post screenshots of my findings. I hope to see others do the same. ^_^

• @musicmee I wonder if yourself, Tri and the Discord Quartermasters will be immortalised?

• @sshteeve I'm not sure on that one...

But I do know there are several to be found...

• @rl-captain-nemo Aye and some are right under our noses.... so not far to travel at all!

• @sshteeve @Musicmee is already immortalised with a wanted poster on daggertooth outpost

• @Musicmee

Awesome!!

Since we had the Twitter week to Celebrate Ongoing Player Immortalisations I was wondering if the thread 'Making Our Mark' - Official List of Community Influence was still updated. It lacks all the recent ones that have been added (like the one for captain falcore, ahem triheaded) 😁

I guess there are a couple we could add to the list:

• TriheadedMonkey (Sanctuary Outpost)
    • SayHeyRocco (Chicken Isle)
    • The cosplayer group from DragonCon (Ancient Spire Outpost)
    • The Crow's Nest (Captain Jay) (The Crow's Nest Fortress)
    • Our Legendary Jackies Boombox (Golden Sands Outpost)
    • Derrick, Merrick's son: Portraits (Shark Bait Cove and J12 Uncharted Island) and his NPC (The Finest Trading Post)

That being said, there is something that I don't know if it's an easter egg or not. It has been added with Forsaken Shores, there is a little crate by the Merchant Alliance trader on Morrow's Peak Outpost with a note on it for "Elena" and from "Dominik".

elena

• @Musicmee, I don't need an Easter egg... because I've already been immortalized!
    the Ocean man

• @musicmee said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

Ahoy Maties!

It has come to my attention that in the past few updates there has been a wealth of community based easter eggs added to the game.

Our old hunt/discussion found here has been long overdue an update, and now, I feel is the right time to start the hunt again!

Have you seen anything out there on the waves maties? I am looking to add to the list so we can preserve these findings for future pirates!

Keep me posted pirates!

And as always... Happy Sailing!

alt text

lol nice anyways we need to find new ones

• @skulliah I've seen that too wonder what it means?

• @skulliah Some nice findings there matey! There's a bunch more yet to be discovered too!

• @sgt-palooggoo Well there he diden't look so depressed atleast ;P

@skulliah Some nice findings there matey! There's a bunch more yet to be discovered too!

Indeed, I just saw on Twitter that yesterday's update added a lot more!!

This reminds me there are also all the paintings about Banjo-Kazooie, Viva Piñata, Battletoads or the Blackwyche Shipwreck :D

• @mr-dragon-raaar said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

A mate just let me know that Dread Pirate Dougs (hes some twitter guy) resume is in tavern at Golden Sands.

This would be it, on the fireplace.
    alt text

• Check again...

@skulliah said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

@Musicmee

Awesome!!

Since we had the Twitter week to Celebrate Ongoing Player Immortalisations I was wondering if the thread 'Making Our Mark' - Official List of Community Influence was still updated. It lacks all the recent ones that have been added (like the one for captain falcore, ahem triheaded) 😁

• Derrick, Merrick's son: Portraits (Shark Bait Cove and J12 Uncharted Island) and his NPC (The Finest Trading Post)

That being said, there is something that I don't know if it's an easter egg or not. It has been added with Forsaken Shores, there is a little crate by the Merchant Alliance trader on Morrow's Peak Outpost with a note on it for "Elena" and from "Dominik".

elena

• @pikaaroon Awesome, thank you for updating the thread 😀

• @pikaaroon
    Honestly, seeing you update the List once more makes me so happy.
    Some good ol' Fo'Rum Tradition living on!

Thank you!

• I'll admit, it has been long overdue. Sorry everyone!
    Also thanks to @Musicmee for the assist and kicking me into gear.

@thor-von-blitz said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

@pikaaroon
    Honestly, seeing you update the List once more makes me so happy.
    Some good ol' Fo'Rum Tradition living on!

Thank you!

• Alright community - call to arms!

Gonna need some good looking images to use for these new list additions.
    Submit your images below and I may use them on the posts.

• @Pikaaroon

I think there is also another easter egg that has been forgotten from the Hungering Deep. It's Merrick's book at the N13 Uncharted Island and titled "Un-Beard-lievable". It's about the story of a bearded pirate who went out to avenge Merrick's crew by defeating the Hungering One naked, alone and with a live chicken on the bowsprit.

It was a community challenge made on the forum and this naked bearded pirate is most likely Beardageddon :)

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/post/759722

• @skulliah Ahhhh the Merrick-Rolled book! Good shout!

@skulliah Ahhhh the Merrick-Rolled book! Good shout!

And yes there is that one on the crow's nest of the Killer Whale also :D

• Who Chay? He doesn't deserve mention... (he actually sits behind me)

@musicmee said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

@musicmee said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

And yes there is that one on the crow's nest of the Killer Whale also :D

But -yes- good points, I forgot those two books. Any others?

• @pikaaroon said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

Alright community - call to arms!

For @DreadPirateDoug's Easter Egg:
    alt text

• Thanks for the picture, though... I'm going to very slowly add an image to @DreadPirateDoug's as we are correcting the spelling. We caught the issue about a week ago but the fix wasn't ready in time for the patch.

@thor-von-blitz said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

@pikaaroon said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

For @DreadPirateDoug's Easter Egg:
    alt text

• @skulliah I'm curious what the Viva Pinata reference is. I don't think I've come across that one yet.

• @testakleze said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

@skulliah I'm curious what the Viva Pinata reference is. I don't think I've come across that one yet.

The Viva Piñata painting is at Thieves' Haven (mid-level caves, close to the bridge) with Horstachio, Fudgehog and Pretztail 😀

viva pinata

• @skulliah Nice! I thought maybe I had come across it and just didn't realize it, but it seems so obvious looking at it. I would have known instantly. So I'm sure it's one I haven't came across myself. Thanks for the picture.

• @callmebackdraft said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

@sshteeve @Musicmee is already immortalised with a wanted poster on daggertooth outpost

Nothing to stop him having a couple... Never did see who won that competition...

Check again...

@Musicmee

Awesome!!

elena

and on galleon's grave there is a little captain jack sparrow hat with a little note beside it on the merchant jetty

• @sgt-palooggoo said in The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

@Musicmee, I don't need an Easter egg... because I've already been immortalized!
    the Ocean man

well I need one

hey when can I get an eater egg I so want one if possible and I want me as a skeleton on a sunken ship because I can't keep my ship afloat and if I get one I want two the one I said and one with a short pice of paper

• There might be another one in Cannon Cove bottom of the cave to the left on top one of the boxes.
    Came across it a few months ago and thought it might be a nod to certain pirate who popped up on my twitter timeline a few time's gifting treasure to other players. Not gonna say who i think it is, i want to see if anyone else thinks of the same person when they see it.

• @frankzappa-fan
    Boxes or Barrels?

Views
16 out of 47