Release Notes Discussion 2.0.4

• @reapinglegion said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.4:

Anyway: "Cannon splash damage now correctly counts towards cannon kills for the Iron Sea Dog Commendation." - Does this mean we don't actually have to kill the person to get the commendation? I got like 6 in like 2 matches...when it took me like more than one and a half month to get 21!

No, it means that if you kill someone with splash damage from a cannon it will count. Previously it only counted if you hit them directly with the cannonball and killed them.

• Stop making the game more boring (easy)
    This is an update of complete ******!
    Start making a game for players who play it every day and not for children who play it 2 hours a month.
    I don't want to play in the arena anymore. RETURN THE ANCHOR !!!!!

• @phuzzybond said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.4:

Capstan Suggestion:

In Arena, dropping the Anchor with a Cannon Ball was a game changer, I personally believe it was too OP, but also removing it is again a game changer :D

Suggestion:

Capstan drops anchor when there is one handle left, for example, galleon will need 3 hits on Capstan to remove handles, and if it got hit when one handle is left, it drops.

Same for Brig and Sloop, So two hits to drop on sloop, 3 hits to drop on brig.

If only way to drop anchor now again is by boarding a ship, Blunderbuss should be nerfed.

Anchor drop and Blunderbuss are greatly related in PVP.

^ I agree on all statements here

• @thor-von-blitz a dit dans Release Notes Discussion 2.0.4 :

I'd go the other way to balance it more fairly, meaning; the smaller your ship the more hits your Capstan can take.

3 hits to the Capstan on a Sloop.
    2 hits to the Capstan on a Brigantine.
    1 hit to the Capstan on a Galleon.

Not realistic, but i think gameplay wise it is the more balanced approach (kinda like how the bail mechanics work on the three shiptypes).
    Solo Players would have it a bit easier when faced with Skellies/Players aiming for their Capstan, giving them a bit of a buffer, and Arena (with Galleons) would be how it was before.

Yes, it would be a really nice balance !
    Aiming wisely with a sloop's single cannon could give a chance against the huge armageddon spitted by the four ones of a galleon !!!

Giving smallest ones a way to face biggest crews !

• Played Arena last night and didn't really miss the anchor damage.

• Players will no longer be identified by gender when speaking to Tristan in the Sea Dogs Tavern.

Whoever had an issue with this, steer clear of FFXIV.

• It's amazing that you cannot kill the animals you've caught, i did some merchant grinding with a friend who needs it and when he caught a golden snake that we diden't need we all tried to kill it.
    Shot it with cannons, drowned and even sworded it....and it diden't die, neither did any other animal either and we even got attacked by a brigantine who shot at them and they still survived haha. (dunno if they can be starved to death though when it comes to pig but swording/gunning diden't give any effect)
    Hilarious though, might have been just that server who had that problem....if anyone else could test it and confirm it would be cool.

@very0ld0ne said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.4:

Played Arena last night and didn't really miss the anchor damage.

I did also play it last night and missed it alot when we got chased side by side...that could save one boat and destroy the other and i like that thrill that one mistake and all hell can break loose...but yea then comes the ones who don't like it and you got listened to.

• genuinelly, i hate this patch, 100% would revert it back, not because of the capstan thing or anything like that but because:
    it made the game really laggy
    it got rid of text to speech
    it made it so when you block theres still the red thing signifying youre taking damage which is confusing af

• This patch is just spitting in the face of the players who spent a lot of hours on this game.

• After this patch I'm seeing little patches of bright white areas flickering around ships and islands and objects. Like graphics is not rendering properly.

• The cannon ball decals don't render properly on ships anymore. They disappear once the hole is patched or something...

Anyone else saw this issue?

• @alekseylight said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.4:

This patch is just spitting in the face of the players who spent a lot of hours on this game.

Wait 'til they buff the fishes and arena XP/Coins....just like they did with the merchant...and all the other factions. :P

• @reapinglegion said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.4:

@alekseylight said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.4:

This patch is just spitting in the face of the players who spent a lot of hours on this game.

Wait 'til they buff the fishes and arena XP/Coins....just like they did with the merchant...and all the other factions. :P

pfft... they need to fix hit registration.

then fully release arena for the rest of the ship types. galleon only means the arena release was delayed.

• Hi When latest patch notes were released - it mentioned that the huntress figurehead was now available for purchase at all shipwrights. when i logged onto the game - i cannot find it at any shipwrights [including in Devils roar]. And it has since been removed from the patch notes?.
    can anybody shed any light on this?

• @infinite-dreamr Maybe they thought they included the fix in this patch, but maybe they didn't. These things happen sometimes.

• @treefittymonsta said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.4:

@reapinglegion said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.4:

@alekseylight said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.4:

pfft... they need to fix hit registration.

then fully release arena for the rest of the ship types. galleon only means the arena release was delayed.

Pfft

That as well!

• In the quest for the delivery of animals lost the ability to turn the camera left and right, only helps restart the game.
    Sometimes the ferry of the dead teleports on the gold coast

• I cannot explain how happy I am, now that the anchor does not lower after hits! I didn’t mind the combat side of it but it was so irritating! Volcano goes off... anchor drops.. raises anchor... anchor drops.. haha rinse and repeat! Please don’t bring it back!

• @bumbumbac I've noticed that too. Looks like rendering. also scars are not available in the general store.

• @korsair178 yeah that still happens to me sometimes when I try to turn anything in.

• How about changing the time limit on the tale gold of shores?... We got kicked out of the hoarder's room after 2 hours. and we could not hit him very well because he spawned a lot of skeletons. And we got very frustreated.. some of my team did no play the game again after this... I hope it could be fixed... We were 3 people... how can a single player beat him and we cant?

• @kaeptn-kb00m the gold Hoarders HP differ regarding crew size.
    As a sloop Team or solo he's dead in a few minutes.
    As a Brig or Galleone Team you have to constantly hit him, and kill the adds by good positioning while you hit the GH and additionall skeletons. You have to damage him for about 20 minutes constantly.
    You can make it that shooting skeletons dont hit you when you positioning is good and some other skeletons and the GH is in the way blocking the shots at you. Idk for sure but maybe they suffer from friendly fire also.

Views
37 out of 57