PvE players your boat is leaking...

• "Player spawn camped and sank us then left the server. Player is clearly server hopping solely to ruin other players games and not how the game is meant to be played."

Whatever. You want PVP play arena and don’t mess with people trying to do storylines. It’s pathetic. Way to spawn camp. No sport in that.

Have to hunt sloops to stroke your ego? Omegalul

No. I like to sail the seas get into trouble when we see others and raid them while on an Athena.

%99 percent of the time I love to roleplay with players and give'em the ol' "Argggg matey! Ahoy there! Some fine loot it is! Thank you again and be safe on your journey on the seven seas!"

Which might fan the flames I've found! I love it! Players getting upset over their boat sinking?

Get over it. It happens. Maybe if we can explain to new/PvE players they are not safe?

Views
  • @mouse-n-keybord

alt text

• Sorry, just tired of the players whining to me. As if I care.

Need to explain to them that sinking happens. Get your loot together and turn in faster. ¯|(ツ)

• @mouse-n-keybord cool story bro

• @teammastadon Thanks.

It's more of a suggestion. Average players regardless of time played should have the comprehension to know better and bigger fish are in the sea.

Just don't cry to the bigger fish. We don't care.

• @Mouse-N-Keybord To be honest, I've run into my fair share of people who decide 'I'm going to hunt you down till you leave' and my fair share of 'I'm here to sink you because you have loot'. You are the latter, good on you for being a pirate.

• @toastysmooth100 said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

@Mouse-N-Keybord To be honest, I've run into my fair share of people who decide 'I'm going to hunt you down till you leave' and my fair share of 'I'm here to sink you because you have loot'. You are the latter, good on you for being a pirate.

Spent 6 hours just chasing a sloop on an Athena.

Most paranoid pirate ever with my most transparent friend that wants to steal things.

They sank with the chest rather then give it to us. :(

• @mouse-n-keybord said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

@toastysmooth100 said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

@Mouse-N-Keybord To be honest, I've run into my fair share of people who decide 'I'm going to hunt you down till you leave' and my fair share of 'I'm here to sink you because you have loot'. You are the latter, good on you for being a pirate.

Most paranoid pirate ever with my most transparent friend that wants to steal things.

They sank with the chest rather then give it to us

Lol would have been quicker to do a Athena yourself, 6 hours wasted for both of you

• @itskingbertie said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

@mouse-n-keybord said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

Lol would have been quicker to do a Athena yourself, 6 hours wasted for both of you

While I agree with you on this point I do have to point out that the sole purpose of videogames is to waste time ^_^

If this is how someone wants to spend their time that's fine with me.

• Just one more reason for PvE-only or private servers. Anyone who doesn't like people complaining about getting attacked should be the first in line supporting them.

• @viperishemu2992 sagte in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

Just one more reason for PvE-only or private servers. Anyone who doesn't like people complaining about getting attacked should be the first in line supporting them.

We need a downvote button!

• @schwammlgott I'll upvote this in stead ^_^

• @schwammlgott hahahaha that is so true and part of me was about to press on it

• Im having so much more fun playing arena where no one gets hurt and everyone is ok with fighting..

Yesterday was great everyone got into a bucket water battle in the tavern and we got some really nice matches killing and sinking eachother while having fun xD

Then we tried adventure and sink a brig and a sloop on way to a fleetbattle well no one was laughing or having fun on our path of destruction.. i dont enjoy it like in arena for there is no peace mode or pve mode for people who dont like it so often i get these toxic encounters with people upset over lost time and effort and thats not fun for me. If there was a peace place for them then you can just enjoy adventure full pirate and have fun with no one complaining because they can play peacemode if they dont like it..

• @schwammlgott said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

@viperishemu2992 sagte in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

Just one more reason for PvE-only or private servers. Anyone who doesn't like people complaining about getting attacked should be the first in line supporting them.

We need a downvote button!

Ah yes, the downvote button. The Millenials last refuge when they have no argument.

But seriously, if you have a better solution that will not only satisfy one of the most requested features on this forum but at the same time eliminate the posts complaining about Griefing and Trolling PvPers then I would love to hear it.

The truth hurts. But mine is the most comprehensive soltution. If you don't like it, fine. The best decisions rarely make everybody happy.

• @hynieth said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

@itskingbertie said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

While I agree with you on this point I do have to point out that the sole purpose of videogames is to waste time ^_^

If this is how someone wants to spend their time that's fine with me.

Pretty much. Plus I personally had a ton of real life interrupts.

More then made up for it tonight!

Me and my buddy went after a galleon. Trying to be sneaky and crashed our boat then anchored. Swam over and hid behind the captains chair.

No one spots us. They have a Seafarers and a Captains Chest.

They get Krakened and sink. Killed the crew, loot up a skeleton chest, 2 captains and the seafarers then start rowing to Plunder Outpost.

Who ends up beating me there? The Galleon!

Not before I leave the loot at Lost Gold Fort and continue on with a gun powder barrel.

Row right up and up to the crows nest with the barrel I decide to hide some more. I was being watched the whole time by Cryptic on the galleon crew.

Suddenly a brig rolls up and they have the same alliance flag!? A Pirate Legend!?

They run around a bit and wave at each other ...suddenly his crew mate busts out a Chest of Legends!!

I sword dash off the side and b line it directly to the tavern!

Pirate legand walks in and I walk up to block the chest runner. 2 swings...dead. 2 swings for the Pirate Legend ...dead.

I turn in and my friend is going nuts. :)

Tony was a great sport and had no bad feelings after hearing our Tales of Sneakyness and seeing our titles of Legadary Thiefs.

• @viperishemu2992 said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

Ugh ...the game would feel even more dead. My crew only have to hop servers once we completely wipe out it's player base and it doesn't merge us.

I honestly don't care that people get angry I just feel they need to make a note that nothing is safe.

People expect to float around on easy mode? No skeleton ships, megs or krackens?

I hope they never remove the cross play feature either ...only splitting the player base.

@viperishemu2992 said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

Ugh ...the game would feel even more dead. My crew only have to hop servers once we completely wipe out it's player base and it doesn't merge us.

I honestly don't care that people get angry I just feel they need to make a note that nothing is safe.

People expect to float around on easy mode? No skeleton ships, megs or krackens?

I hope they never remove the cross play feature either ...only splitting the player base.

Hahah we found the super PC player that happily griefs people until they leave and don’t come back then complains that the community is small :) :) :) :)

Just look through his posts :) ^^^^

Technically as long as a few hundred players are still playing this game then the "in-game" experience will never feel "dead". It's only 20 players per server after all.

Any "deadness" that you experience comes down to Rare's server merge algorithm.

And nothing would make a "note" better than having 3 modes on offer: PvE, Adventure and Arena. If people can't figure out where they should be playing then it's their problem and they really do have no right to complain about getting sunk.

Making a PvE mode would benefit all players, stop the need for your frustration on this topic and may even attract/keep players to the game. Every smart PvPvE fan should actually support a PvE mode for these reasons. I say give the Noobs, Squeakers and Peaceniks a (limited) mode to play in and let them come to Adventure Mode when they are ready for the "Big Time".

• @itskingbertie said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

Hahah we found the super PC player that happily griefs people until they leave and don’t come back then complains that the community is small :) :) :) :)

I play the game. PC players are hard to come by in the open sea and it's Rares fault for making quest items unable to turn in when stolen. It's also like what was just stated about the server algorithms not merging properly.

I'm only going to complain if I can't wreck Xbox One players to my hearts content. :):):):):):):)

Most my posts will be about how much players are coming to me about getting sunk.... ok. Tell momma Rare about it.

• @mouse-n-keybord There's a difference between sinking a ship to steal loot or engaging a ship that's coming too close and trolling.

Killing other pirate crews/sinking their ship and stealing their loot is fair game and how Rare intended it to work.

Spawncamping players until they are essentially forced to leave the server is trolling and is not how Rare intended the game to be played. It's a scummy thing to do and if you're that PvP oriented then go to the arena.

I've never been upset about a player engaging and sinking my ship to steal loot or to get me and my crew away from an area they are trying to loot or grind in. But spawncamping for the sake of being a jerk is just sad and pathetic.

• @wd-hawkeye said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

@mouse-n-keybord There's a difference between sinking a ship to steal loot or engaging a ship that's coming too close and trolling.

Killing other pirate crews/sinking their ship and stealing their loot is fair game and how Rare intended it to work.

Spawncamping players until they are essentially forced to leave the server is trolling and is not how Rare intended the game to be played. It's a scummy thing to do and if you're that PvP oriented then go to the arena.

We kill everything and everyone. Doesn't matter if your green at the gills with a sailor title or a skilled Pirate Legand.

No mercy. Period.

We take every last bit of resources and even use a persons boat as our own. Telling people they are in the wrong where there is a clear note written at the door way of the ghost ship on how to deal isn't my problem.

Having issues? Scuttle. Simple as that.

PvP will be a priority for our crew over PvE when the quests are not going anywhere. Islands won't run away with a chest of legands or what ever you may have.

No response over voice chat? I take that as being unfriendly and will sink you.

I trust no one and we take everything. Time will be wasted thanks to the quest system they implemented. Another thing we can steal but can't turn in? Then take our alliance and work on a Athena with us. We'll give your quest item back after.

The game is what you make it. It will never be a PvE only adventure mode per Rare. Community interactions is what make it.

Just need to get the merger of servers working a bit better I would guess.

• @mouse-n-keybord Never said it should be PvE only. I'm just saying spawncamping for the purpose of trolling and being annoying should be a punishable offense. Like I said previously if you want to PvP and sink my ship/take my loot, more power to you. But if you want to just spawncamp over and over with no real end goal other than to be a jerk (wanted to use a more vulgar word but this website has filters lol) then that's where I take issue with it.

• @wd-hawkeye that's the problem. People get tilted over a kill. Come back and die again. Alright.

Coming back and I leave you be but I'm the Captain of the ship now... literally. Raise a sword and you will be killed again.

Where and when will the common sense kick in to scuttle? Some people do it right off the bat.... others think they deserve to stay and continue questing?

No. I will be the one to decide if we let you live. It's apart of the game and if you choose to keep spawning and fighting that's your own fault.

• @mouse-n-keybord Well yeah. If they keep spawning and trying to fight you then killing them is obviously ok lol. I'm talking about people who spawncamp non-aggressive players who aren't trying fight regardless if there is loot/resources to be had or not. Sometimes I feel like PvP and sometimes I feel like PvE and questing for treasure. If another crew sinks my ship and steals my loot, so be it.

• @wd-hawkeye

Killing over and over a NPC isn't fun or sport. Players running their mouth or sending me messages makes things worse for them.

Doing absolutely nothing? Might leave you alone. But we always sink ships.

No hard feelings. We just don't trust others unless we are allianced and even then we don't trust you.

• @mouse-n-keybord I agree. If you want to sink ships for the sake of sinking ships, I have no issue with that. But like I said, killing non-aggressive players over and over again just for the sake of trolling is dbag move.

• @wd-hawkeye said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

@mouse-n-keybord I agree. If you want to sink ships for the sake of sinking ships, I have no issue with that. But like I said, killing non-aggressive players over and over again just for the sake of trolling is dbag move.

My crew mates are another story though. They are the killers for the sake of killing. While I do my thing with loot/resources and kill on first contact. I love to move around players while waiting to see what they do.

I've learned my lesson in the beginning first few months of playing.... SINK THEM ASAP! Don't give players the chance to turn the tables. Especially if I have loot.

I was cocky beyond belief when I first started....I've been humbled when solo slooping againest good brig crews.

@wd-hawkeye said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:
    I've learned my lesson in the beginning first few months of playing.... SINK THEM ASAP! Don't give players the chance to turn the tables.

Oh, I trust other players all the time. I'll let anyone board my ship and have never drawn a weapon on another player.

Then they're either friendly and we have a good laugh, OR they shoot me in the face. Then I have a good laugh and relax a bit with my buddy, the Ferryman, and get to respawn with a cool, pink lantern to decorate my ship with.

Man, you guys with yer obsessions over killing and dying. Y'all need to get more mellow, man.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/12rTwumBDu9tPW/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d07d6d16f79387863dc7175&rid=giphy.gif

• @hombre

I imagine many players are like this. Just had a alliance going when we would trade Athenas at the end at Plunder Outpost.

I asked my crew mate if we are still going to steal. By the end of my question he double shots and I turn the chest in.

Felt bad for a bit. Took a shower. Worked out great!

• @mouse-n-keybord

Last session I caught a trophy plentifin, two islehoppers, a normal plentifin, and one you catch in storms. (Stormfins?)

Then I tested how deep I could get before drowning.

I didn't feel bad for even a millisecond. =P

• @baca-hombre

Lollers fishing? I steal mine and already almost rank 25. #boring

I could start up my WoW subscription if I want digital fishing rep.

@itskingbertie said in PvE players your boat is leaking...:

I play the game. PC players are hard to come by in the open sea and it's Rares fault for making quest items unable to turn in when stolen. It's also like what was just stated about the server algorithms not merging properly.

I'm only going to complain if I can't wreck Xbox One players to my hearts content. :):):):):):):)

Most my posts will be about how much players are coming to me about getting sunk.... ok. Tell momma Rare about it.

Why only Xbox players is your hardware not good enough to compete with quality gamers? Have to have a hardware advantage over an Xbox? Like why so specifically Xbox players? Explain?

No most of your post show a agenda of constantly killing everyone to the point of literally sea of thieves version of t e a bagging, and in a game with real loss I imagine this is the type of player that all the “sore baby’s” are making most the posts on here about complaining!

You also say you don’t want the community split? why just because you want newbie xbox players as prey? Or because you believe it will hurt the game?

• @mouse-n-keybord

But... WoW isn't a pirate game.

I like pirate games.

• Never heard of Booty Bay? It's the ultimate pirate hideout!

Complete with a fishing tournament, rare parrots as pets, PvP and PvE quests, cooking, giant arena for special loot, neutral auction house, long and difficult rep grind and boats!

Missing anything?

Views
33 out of 83