Stale Items - Suggestions

• Here's some game items I really feel are just getting stale or just need some creative tweaks.

1. The kracken... Spawns when the skull forts go down ONLY, maybe also the ghost ship symbol but havent paid much attention to it. Can't we come up with some other way to randomize this event. Players should fear this thing randomly attacking, not fear that the skull may go down any minute lets get ready for it....

2. The meg - far to frequent, literally stock your ship leave the outpost and boom, there it is....Maybe you still haven't seen it? Okay, just go to an island try to accomplish something and then boom, it's there. You literally have to stop everything your doing or it won't go away. (Also the color doesn't change unless you take it out most instances I've seen)

I'm not even touching on the rarity of the shrouded ghost. I know i will be more than excited to see it if and when it ever spawns, BUT the other megs should somehow have that same luster only on a lesser scale. As it plays out right now - if your on a tight schedule (even if you aren't) the meg is nothing but an annoyance.

1. Music - Can we add some shantys please. The new shores of gold music heard when approaching is amazing. So is the halo ship reveal music. This used to be fun for futher distance voyages. Can we please add these?

Feel free to add to the list, touch on those subjects, whatever. I have played the game since day one and still love the adventure but these mechanics as they play out now are just starting to get old -__-

Views
  • @vapor1080 said in Stale Items - Suggestions:

Here's some game items I really feel are just getting stale or just need some creative tweaks.

1. The kracken... Spawns when the skull forts go down ONLY, maybe also the ghost ship symbol but havent paid much attention to it. Can't we come up with some other way to randomize this event. Players should fear this thing randomly attacking, not fear that the skull may go down any minute lets get ready for it....

2. The meg - far to frequent, literally stock your ship leave the outpost and boom, there it is....Maybe you still haven't seen it? Okay, just go to an island try to accomplish something and then boom, it's there. You literally have to stop everything your doing or it won't go away. (Also the color doesn't change unless you take it out most instances I've seen)

I'm not even touching on the rarity of the shrouded ghost. I know i will be more than excited to see it if and when it ever spawns, BUT the other megs should somehow have that same luster only on a lesser scale. As it plays out right now - if your on a tight schedule (even if you aren't) the meg is nothing but an annoyance.

1. Music - Can we add some shantys please. The new shores of gold music heard when approaching is amazing. So is the halo ship reveal music. This used to be fun for futher distance voyages. Can we please add these?

Feel free to add to the list, touch on those subjects, whatever. I have played the game since day one and still love the adventure but these mechanics as they play out now are just starting to get old -__-

4- when you scuttle your ship it blows up with the intensity of a mega keg! Then it fills with water and sinks to the bottom.

• @inboundbomb ohh that would be quite fun LOL - your name would be fitting if they do this! :D

• @vapor1080 The implementation could be endless but the meta would go as follows. Get rowboat, find ship, drop friend off or yourself while your ship is on direct course for enemy ship, collision and scuttle. Collect loot and row towards nearest outpost.

• @inboundbomb Sounds really entertaining but wouldnt ever happen because it would be abused. Now if they brought in some kind of remote detonator that'd be fun.

• @vapor1080
    Agreed on the over abusive nature that could happen but it could be something rewarding toward those that seem to be griefed a lot.

• @inboundbomb @Vapor1080 how 'bout an adjustable fuse on the kegs so ye can pick how long to cut the fuse for adjustable explosion times? Keeps it in world an' could be used in some fun scenarios.

I wouldn't mind setting a trap or two wit' some long fuse explosions.

• I was just saying the other night. No music or alert for the arrival of the Meg. Let it just spear into the bottom of your ship popping your ship up out of the water. That would scare the carp out of me, and fun to experience each time in shows up. And also have the Meg bump your ship in someway to where your pirate gets disoriented in some way similar to a limp ball.

Oh and I was thinking there needs to be a whale! And for that one it just spawns under your ship and the water it releases from its blowhole raises your ship up out of the water and then the ship drops back into the water. Maybe it can bat your ship with its tail? Something to use the harpoon on, as well.

• @purplemajic I think you may be on to something at the end there ;)

• @purplemajic said in Stale Items - Suggestions:

I was just saying the other night. No music or alert for the arrival of the Meg. Let it just spear into the bottom of your ship popping your ship up out of the water. That would scare the carp out of me, and fun to experience each time in shows up. And also have the Meg bump your ship in someway to where your pirate gets disoriented in some way similar to a limp ball.

Oh and I was thinking there needs to be a whale! And for that one it just spawns under your ship and the water it releases from its blowhole raises your ship up out of the water and then the ship drops back into the water. Maybe it can bat your ship with its tail? Something to use the harpoon on, as well.

I like the music but it would be better if it started playing after the first attack imo.

Views
7 out of 10