optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!

• I dislike Karma systems and such as they can most often easily exploited.
    But what about Title additions based on your actions and interactions with other players?

So lets say, if you sailed 3 hours ingame time without to harm any other ship and player, no matter if you had to defend yourself or attacked. Just not a single hit to another ship and player you get the addition of "placid" to your title.

placid Legend of...
    placid Seafarer of the Shores of Gold.
    placid legendary Krakenhunter etc....

if you manage to do this 6hrs ingame time: calm...
    9hrs - tranquil
    12hrs - friendly
    15hrs - bloodless
    18hrs - peacefull

Vice versa you can have additions to your title if you are constantly a threat to other players.

restless, unruly, burdensome, dangerous, bloodthirsty...

And this just as an option and not constraint!

People who dont want to show this, dont need to and people who want other to know before they can find it out by themself can add it to their title and it changes regarding your behaviour ingame and time related.

If someone who is peacefull attacks another player he instantly becomes restelss.

If someone who is bloodthirsty miss to attack more players he becomes dangerous.

So its different for both directions how they expire.
    Beeing someone who is friendly and break this rule instantly looses all of his "reputation".
    But someone who is bloodthirsty would only loose one grade of it title addition and its not so easy to become neutral or tranquil again.

If i have overseen a flaw in this idea, please tell me.

Views
  • @bugaboo-bill Wouldn't this just make the intentions of the player in question painfully obvious to everyone?

If a pirate is "Black-Hearted" for a random example, and he tried to trick someone into an alliance, so he can track them down and plunder their booty just before they cash in all their treasure...

Wouldn't that other crew notice his "Black-Hearted" title, and refuse to join the alliance? In other words, wouldn't it make it impossible for Mr Black-Heart in question to actually trick people and do scallywaggery in general? D:

Poor Black-Heart... I weep for his salty soul! T_T

• @bugaboo-bill hey your idea is good but they wont be able to trick any one one of my favorite things is pretending to be friendly waiting till they go on the island and then crashing there ships so you couldn't trick them anymore because you made this post im guessing you have had a problem with being attacked by "friendly's" but after a while you learn how to detect them so just stick with it and have some fun it is a pvp game at heart thanks for reading

• @Sweltering-Nick
    @ashbert157

Boys, you need to stop assuming allways others are bad ingame.

I do well, and if you had read carefully, you could have seen i wrote optional!
    You can trick and hide as long as you will, because i asked for an option.
    But those who dont trick and want themself have a "Name" and what they are known for can use it to show others their attitude.

I'm Bugaboo 'bloodthirsty' Bill
    No tricks, run, but it won't help you.

• @bugaboo-bill sagte in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

And this just as an option and not constraint!

People who dont want to show this, dont need to and people who want other to know before they can find it out by themself can add it to their title and it changes regarding your behaviour ingame and time related.

• @bugaboo-bill
    Good idea, but my one worry with this is that people will only ally with people with the most passive title.

• @ashbert157 said in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@bugaboo-bill hey your idea is good but they wont be able to trick any one one of my favorite things is pretending to be friendly waiting till they go on the island and then crashing there ships so you couldn't trick them anymore because you made this post im guessing you have had a problem with being attacked by "friendly's" but after a while you learn how to detect them so just stick with it and have some fun it is a pvp game at heart thanks for reading

not really mate and also when have you done this where you with Shirley?

• @blazedrake100 sagte in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@bugaboo-bill
    Good idea, but my one worry with this is that people will only ally with people with the most passive title.

You can also go for a really good heist every 3rd day XD

But honestly, it could add to some sort of "social" gameplay for those who want to use this "tool".

I think it's more of a tool than a rule this way, especially if optional.

• @bugaboo-bill said in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@Sweltering-Nick
    @ashbert157

But those who dont trick and want themself have a "Name" and what they are known for can use it to show others their attitude.

Hmm, well if a pirate would refuse to display his intentions, that would be just as much a red flag as being called Black-Hearted. :S

• @sweltering-nick sagte in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@bugaboo-bill said in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@Sweltering-Nick
    @ashbert157

Hmm, well if a pirate would refuse to display his intentions, that would be just as much a red flag as being called Black-Hearted. :S

That's you assuming the bad.
    And it is the same as it is now, you just dont know.
    Many Alliance Flags are false flag operations. You dont know and habe to find out.
    If you assume allways the bad, then let it be.
    If not, try and find out.
    It's tools not rules.
    If you refuse to use the tool then this is you.

• @bugaboo-bill Well, it's not really a tool... It's a rule that says you should be judged by your intention... The title, or lack thereof, being representative of your real intentions.

EDIT: Hmm... Im playing around with a more gamble-ish idea.
    EDIT2: Nvm, my idea also wouldn't work, lol.

• I can also want to hide i'm peacefull to let others not know or assume i may be an easy target.

• @bugaboo-bill Very cool concept there sir. I know my crew will be the evil side of the coin and would thoroughly enjoy a title enhancement.

• Good idea bill! But surely anyone who isn’t wearing a friendly title is because they don’t want to show their real title -“bloodthirsty”, I can get behind being the “peaceful master merchant” hahaha I roleplay a merchant and would love to be the king of good interactions be renown on the servers as the only guy u want in your Lobby and also because people think I’m a friendly “EASY” target people would be rudely awaken when they find out I can sink u easily just don’t have a thrill in wasting time on fighting a human when I have actual content to enjoy, wanted a PVP game I would of played a game that doesn’t have clunky game mechanics

• "You want an alliance ? Okay but first show us your karma title." Are going to be the first words of people who don't automatically assume that you're evil for not having your title.

• @ellisgoodenough sagte in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

"You want an alliance ? Okay but first show us your karma title." Are going to be the first words of people who don't automatically assume that you're evil for not having your title.

And whats the problem then?
    And what about players who want to ally for PvP at a fort.
    2 PvP sloop allied for going against a Galleon.
    What if you need or want to convince someone to ally although you are restless for example.
    And why is it bad if people want to see some sort of Reputation Letter before allying and if you dont have one refuse?!

• @bugaboo-bill Because since I like to mix PvE and PvP, I'd never be in the positive, and 80% of the playerbase is allergic to any PvP, I'd never be able to ally with others. People are already way too cautious to actually do an Alliance with anyone, nothing will convince most people to ally with someone who PvP.

But hey I guess people will like this idea since that will push away people who do PvP. For some reason everyone wants to quarantine PvP players and PvE players away from each others when it's the core of the game to be a mix of both.

• @ellisgoodenough said in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@bugaboo-bill Because since I like to mix PvE and PvP, I'd never be in the positive, and 80% of the playerbase is allergic to any PvP, I'd never be able to ally with others. People are already way too cautious to actually do an Alliance with anyone, nothing will convince most people to ally with someone who PvP.

But hey I guess people will like this idea since that will push away people who do PvP. For some reason everyone wants to quarantine PvP players and PvE players away from each others when it's the core of the game to be a mix of both.

Because one requires the other, PVP need PVE or in theory everyone would sail around with an empty ship looking to fight/ rob, PVE players don’t need PVP players and actively avoid them, if we had a server without PVP it would be buzzing and PVPVE would be dead and it be cus the fact that two different types of people don’t mix!

• @itskingbertie You act like people who do both don't exist, that if I do PvP, I only do that and never do any voyages. Most players who PvP just do voyages and will PvP on their way to their tale or next voyage, people who actively look for PvP are extremely rare.

• @itskingbertie said in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@ellisgoodenough said in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@bugaboo-bill Because since I like to mix PvE and PvP, I'd never be in the positive, and 80% of the playerbase is allergic to any PvP, I'd never be able to ally with others. People are already way too cautious to actually do an Alliance with anyone, nothing will convince most people to ally with someone who PvP.

Because one requires the other, PVP need PVE or in theory everyone would sail around with an empty ship looking to fight/ rob, PVE players don’t need PVP players and actively avoid them, if we had a server without PVP it would be buzzing and PVPVE would be dead and it be cus the fact that two different types of people don’t mix!

Nah, they could just make it so any gains don't carry over between the modes so there was still incentive to PvE in PvEvP mode apart from it being more fun. You'd still have people who would play easy mode all day to satisfy "muh grind" and come join the rest of us when they get bored, but they'd still have to find some loot if they wanted to have the cool things in that mode. And contrary to what some seem to think, sailing around just looking for a fight is not all that lucrative and it would be even less so if they had their way.

• @ellisgoodenough said in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@itskingbertie You act like people who do both don't exist, that if I do PvP, I only do that and never do any voyages. Most players who PvP just do voyages and will PvP on their way to their tale or next voyage, people who actively look for PvP are extremely rare.

I’ll agree that your right, but in this forum only get the hardcores for each argument and that currently means I’m debating players that have stated that they only kill, one said he hasn’t done a voyage since week one. So he isn’t doing commendations or enjoying the content he’s enjoying the fact that he’s been given a bunch of easy targets and milks it and is proud about it :/ lool so yeah recently my experience of this game has been new players or friendly players, but the other interaction is toxic players since the real PvP players are smashing arena and the greifers seem worse now that they are the only PLs (in general) left in adventure

• @rk1-turbulence said in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@itskingbertie said in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@ellisgoodenough said in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

Nah, they could just make it so any gains don't carry over between the modes so there was still incentive to PvE in PvEvP mode apart from it being more fun. You'd still have people who would play easy mode all day to satisfy "muh grind" and come join the rest of us when they get bored, but they'd still have to find some loot if they wanted to have the cool things in that mode. And contrary to what some seem to think, sailing around just looking for a fight is not all that lucrative and it would be even less so if they had their way.

I agree two game modes that DO NOT carry over people who want PVP can play arena, or an actual arena that isn’t PVE, PVPVEs in theory would play their mode, and newbies, young and casual and even role players like me would use PVE, with many (no doubt) eventually joining he PVPVE server to play the BIG BOY lobby as such, nobody would have ground to stand on about moaning about PVP in that server and also would allow a lot of old players the chance to start the grind again but on PVE as I reckon u should have to make a brand new character as all previous chars would be on the original PVPVE server, and new players could join this server to get used to the game before going into arena/PVPVE adventure, also reducing the amount of new and useless players in the arena!

• @itskingbertie So you found one guy that is only doing PvP, that would either stop him from getting in alliances with others and betray them in this system. Or it wouldn't change anything because he most likely just attack people on sight and doesn't come into the "name range" sight so the title would be useless.

So this system would just comfort players into doing Alliances with players who only PvE, so remove any risk from the equation. Probably push away PvPvE players from playing with PvE players, and would be completely useless against PvP players because they attack on sight.

• I like this idea. It would add some flavour without being restraining. If one wants to be friendly there's proof that he hasn't been in conflicts lately (no guarantee he's friendly though, he could just have had a hard time finding targets and playing that to his advantage or is just bored of playing passively). If one is proudly wearing the agressive tag it won't be visible until it's too late. In the case of people demanding to see passive tag before entering an alliance, players would probably lose their friendly tag from time to time through self-defense or might simply just have joined the server so if someone doesn't have one that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have good intentions.

• @ellisgoodenough sagte in optional title additions showing your attitude torwards other players if you want to!:

@itskingbertie You act like people who do both don't exist, that if I do PvP, I only do that and never do any voyages. Most players who PvP just do voyages and will PvP on their way to their tale or next voyage, people who actively look for PvP are extremely rare.

I do both as well, i dont see the problem only more incentive to interact and RP.

• @bugaboo-bill How do you want to interact more with people if they flee from you like the plague because you did some PvP and so many people on this game think PvP = griefing.

@bugaboo-bill How do you want to interact more with people if they flee from you like the plague because you did some PvP and so many people on this game think PvP = griefing.

Can please some think of that's it is a title you can only see if you are close enough?!

Nobody will see it until you are very close.
    And it can help to decide ok we will ally with them or not.

If people think bad about you because you have no title at all or no peaceful title it is the same as it is now.
    There's i anyway nobody trusting anybody else because of the way it has become.
    But you can additionally show and proof you are calm the last 2 hours or state you are a bad guy and proud of it.

Do you trust a non cosmetic sloop with 2 people calling we are friendly?
    I don't, it's 99.999999% the opposite.
    No matter if they have a title add or not.
    Also second or third post i made in this thread is about a big heist and a way you can betray even better when you are peacefull, but in reality you are out for a battle.
    False Flag 2.0

• @bugaboo-bill Yes the title would be useful only in situations where people are close enough to see each other's name.
    And no, it would be completely different than from now, PvE only players will wear this title as a testimony that they are friendly. So you know these players won't attack you in anyway, to a point of course, but if they were friendly for the last 24 hours. They will probably be for the time you play with them, so there is no surprise on your side, and why wouldn't you want to be on your toes all the time ? I like surprises, getting suddenly attacked by an ally changes the course of the game.

I'm certain some people will refuse Alliance just because I have PvP'd or just because I have the first tier PvE title. Because that wouldn't be enough proof that I'm friendly. And I don't want the community to split in even more groups with those having an Alliance only with "x" peaceful rank.

And on the other hand, if I'm a PvP player and I want to take advantage of that system, I will PvE for a while and will screw over people after 24 hours. Even if that's dedication, that will happen for sure, and I can already hear the cries from the PvE players complaining about "griefers" using this strategy to their advantage.

@bugaboo-bill Yes the title would be useful only in situations where people are close enough to see each other's name.
    And no, it would be completely different than from now, PvE only players will wear this title as a testimony that they are friendly.

Read above, or they will do some PvP to make sure others dont think they are easy prey.

So you know these players won't attack you in anyway, to a point of course, but if they were friendly for the last 24 hours. They will probably be for the time you play with them, so there is no surprise on your side, and why wouldn't you want to be on your toes all the time ?

And why cant this change in no time because someone who was peacefull for 2 days today has a bad day or dislike your nose.

I like surprises, getting suddenly attacked by an ally changes the course of the game.

The surprise of beeing attacked by a peacefull is even bigger.

I'm certain some people will refuse Alliance just because I have PvP'd or just because I have the first tier PvE title. Because that wouldn't be enough proof that I'm friendly.

And how do they know if you decide having no additionall title.
    You cant show a friendly one?
    Ok that's it then.
    Betraying becomes harder.

And on the other hand, if I'm a PvP player and I want to take advantage of that system, I will PvE for a while and will screw over people after 24 hours. Even if that's dedication, that will happen for sure, and I can already hear the cries from the PvE players complaining about "griefers" using this strategy to their advantage.

Now you got it.
    Betraying gets another level.

Views
2 out of 30