Crossplay.

• Crossplay Between PC and XBOX
    As a Sea of Thieves fanatic that plays a controller, I find it very uneven that Xbox players are forced to play with PC players. While I wield both a controller and a keyboard depending on what I’m in the mood for, I can advocate that it is completely unbalanced. I enjoy playing with my friends on other platforms, but I believe that it should be optional. Especially in arena. It is so ridiculous how much of an advantage you have in PVP on PC. As an unbiased player, I think that there should be a setting where you can switch between crossplay.

Views
    xbox onewindows 10
  • @pqfb They're adding it soon! We just don't know when...

Also go here - https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/92168/crossplay-options-need-to-be-brought-into-this-game/15

• @pqfb

You do know this has already been addressed by Rare right? And you do know there's an incoming option for it right? I don't believe that we need another thread about this.

As has been stated in The March 28th dev update video, they will start testing it in Insiders in "late May" for The Arena, and then Adventure opt out comes soon after. It was supposed to come with anniversary but was a larger technical undertaking than they originally thought.

Here is the dev update video for reference. Info about crossplay opt out testing comes in at about 3:24 in the video.

• @pqfb I strongly believe this all depends on the players ability. Like you, I too play with a controller on pc and I have absolutely no trouble dispatching enemies, I'm currently the top boarder in my fleet. Rare have already addressed the cross-play being optional situation, but the argument that kbm has a huge advantage is just absurd.

• How come those posts aren't being redirected to the megathread anymore?

• @pqfb

Yep, dead right.
    The good news is that they're working on it.
    Ignore all the people who will chastise you for bringing it up. You're perfectly fine to voice your feedback to Rare no matter how much they dislike it.

Hopefully they'll have more to say on it soon.

• check this thread out.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/80072/mega-thread-crossplay-announcement-in-the-recent-dev-update-video

@deckhands can we get a lock on this and direct conversation to the megathread

• @captain-coel said in Crossplay.:

check this thread out.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/80072/mega-thread-crossplay-announcement-in-the-recent-dev-update-video

@deckhands can we get a lock on this and direct conversation to the megathread

Fascinating to me how much faster calls for locks come on these threads than those opposing the opt out.

• @natiredgals its be cause there is a mega thread. we dont need to have crossplay #99737462528496 discussion. There is a spot for it to be discussed.

• @captain-coel said in Crossplay.:

@natiredgals its be cause there is a mega thread. we dont need to have crossplay #99737462528496 discussion. There is a spot for it to be discussed.

Yea, I know, just saying that it'd be neat if the same energy was kept when theads begging to not implement the option cropped up to, I don't think I see the same names jumping all over those.

• @natiredgals depends on my level of boredom. I believe crossplay has its place in this game. I also understand the desire to play on servers bound by input devices.

• @natiredgals said in Crossplay.:

@captain-coel said in Crossplay.:

@natiredgals its be cause there is a mega thread. we dont need to have crossplay #99737462528496 discussion. There is a spot for it to be discussed.

Yea, I know, just saying that it'd be neat if the same energy was kept when theads begging to not implement the option cropped up to, I don't think I see the same names jumping all over those.

Not exactly the same ratio though. For every 10 threads about wanting crossplay or PVE servers, there is maybe 1 asking if we can stop beating this dead horse to a pulp. Then queue the "no ignore people against this, keep spamming by all mean" replies, so helpful.

• Ahoy maties!

Yes, you knew this was coming!

The feature to opt out of crossplay if you're using a console and controller is delayed for the time being, but Rare are working hard to bring this to us as soon as they can, I believe in one of the recent Dev Update videos this was mentioned.

In the meantime, we have a mega thread set up specifically for discussing this topic - this is to prevent other discussions being overwhelmed by multiple threads on a popular topic and to make feedback and opinion easy to locate for anyone who wishes to read. It also cuts down on the necessity of having to repeat posts the community may already have made.

I'll close this down now and let the discussion continue over there.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/80072/mega-thread-crossplay-announcement-in-the-recent-dev-update-video?page=1

Views
xbox onewindows 10
1 out of 13