Is the "Shores of Gold Curse" actually worth getting?

• Just finally reaching the final chapter "Shores of Gold" and I stared at the "Shores of Gold Curse" Commendation to realize it is a paint on the face maybe...

Is it even worth getting? Does it even look good at all? What does it even look like?

I've seen videos on YouTube just of the Shores of Gold gameplay to realize that it is a very long quest and having to complete that five times is actually ridiculous. I am not willing to spend my time to just get something that looks like paint on my body. That is why I have these questions.

Views
  • @necrositic from what i hear currently its a random gold skin for your pirate. i think its full body not just face. you can look at the gold hoarder guys on outposts for an idea. i also heard that the random nature of the curse is unintentional and they are looking into it.

• @necrositic as far as I know it's a gold curse...the more gold you have, the more gold is on your body

• @revanjstone said in Is the "Shores of Gold Curse" actually worth getting?:

@necrositic from what i hear currently its a random gold skin for your pirate. i think its full body not just face. you can look at the gold hoarder guys on outposts for an idea. i also heard that the random nature of the curse is unintentional and they are looking into it.

This will be changed soon, Rare is working on a more striking visual design covering a much larger part of the players chest, limbs and face: The Shores of Gold Curse - Redesign coming soon.

• @schwammlgott this would be amazing. give ppl a reason to hoard their gold. what a good idea. every 20k you get a bit more or something like that til you are completely covered haha.

• I've seen it once on a crewmate. Covers half of their chest. Definitely could use an upgrade.

• don't you have to do all of the commendations for all of the tall tales not just shores of gold to get it... or have I just not unlocked it properly?

• @revanjstone sagte in Is the "Shores of Gold Curse" actually worth getting?:

@schwammlgott this would be amazing. give ppl a reason to hoard their gold. what a good idea. every 20k you get a bit more or something like that til you are completely covered haha.

Why would be? It IS...

• @schwammlgott i said would be to indicate that if they did it, it would be cool. but they are not doing it at this time so at this time it IS not cool haha.. but.. it would be.

• @revanjstone you meant if the people would do it that way?
    English isn't my native language, so I don't understand everything...

• @schwammlgott thats ok. yes the only thing i mean is your idea is a good idea and i hope that the game developers do it that way. i like the way you think.

• @revanjstone it IS the way I said it...they made it that way...the more gold you have, the more gold is on your body

• @schwammlgott ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is that true? i saw some posts by the devs saying that it was random. that is cool then but they said they are changing it so i guess it wont be that way anymore?

• @revanjstone it doesn't work properly, so it's random now ...but that's not intended that way...
    They are going to fix it so it works as I said

• @schwammlgott sounds good to me. i always wanted a way to show off how rich you are in this game. i thought it would be cool to have gold coins laying about your ship and the amount is connected to how much gold you actually have. no one can interact with this gold its just a look. so if you got millions youll have piles of gold. if you got 100k youll have some decent bit and if you got 0 its just cobwebs haha.

• https://preview.redd.it/r7xnbfgh08y21.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=40a1fabb0a1f9b9f2c1971846972d98bc93e4207

• @revanjstone hallo again...it seems like I misunderstood there something, somewhere and the curse doesn't work the way I was convinced about and told you...so let's spam Rare with that idea so they do it that way ;)

• I can "speed run it".
    I find the sail over there an back eat's up a lot of time.
    but when you are there, you can do it solo in 45 min.
    we are normally two, but I just collect the stuff we need, put it in a chest, get my body to help, so I dont have to rune twice with to get the key, an then we go down an kill the boss.
    While im doing the puzzle, Hes fishing an preparing meat.
    have done it 6-7 times

• i want to keep mine - seriously!!!

Rare Megathread!!!

To me it it is "worth" it...

Bild Text

• i dont know if is profite to waste so much time for just a curse but i am going to do it cuz i am dumb and i dont know what to do in my free time

Views
17 out of 20