Sea of Thieves - YEAR 2 - PvP mechanics and strategy (It's been awhile enjoy)

• Been about 8 months since I made a video for the channel! Hope you guys enjoy!

Also can anyone let me know if the video is not starting at 0:00/the beginning.

Thanks again,

Sneak

Views
  • @sneakler it starts at 0:00.
    I like your lead up, but once the lesson starts, I see it's a 27 minute video and lose interest. Break it into different videos.

It's late here so couldn't finish it, but the lead up kept me pretty intrigued. I was expecting the beat to drop.

• @d-jaguar said in Sea of Thieves - YEAR 2 - PvP mechanics and strategy (It's been awhile enjoy):

@sneakler it starts at 0:00.
    I like your lead up, but once the lesson starts, I see it's a 27 minute video and lose interest. Break it into different videos.

It's late here so couldn't finish it, but the lead up kept me pretty intrigued. I was expecting the beat to drop.

I respect that for sure. If you do take the time to watch it I think you will enjoy it : )

Either way thanks for taking a look. Since I am not a full time YouTube channel I try to make quality longer videos with alot of cuts and explaining and even though it is closer to a short-film then a classic 10 minute and 15 seconds YouTube video I do not waste anybody's time asking them to like and subscribe it's full of information and encouraging people to think about the way they approach combat in this game.

I want players to see depth in the combat even though alot of people think the game lacks depth but it's there.

• @sneakler Nice work again. I never gave much thought to how a "Ghost Wave" should affect your decision making on where to drop the powder keg? Good tip!

• I like your lead up, once the lesson starts, I see it's a 27-minute video and I get interested. Do not Break it into different videos.

Great Video thanks :)
    (please don't change anything, because of people having the attention span of a fruit fly...)

• @m4dkraut said in Sea of Thieves - YEAR 2 - PvP mechanics and strategy (It's been awhile enjoy):

I like your lead up, once the lesson starts, I see it's a 27-minute video and I get interested. Do not Break it into different videos.

Great Video thanks :)
    (please don't change anything, because of people having the attention span of a fruit fly...)

Haha thanks!

• great video

• @sneakler nice

• @closinghare208 said in Sea of Thieves - YEAR 2 - PvP mechanics and strategy (It's been awhile enjoy):

@sneakler nice

Thanks Hare! Appreciate that : )

• @revanjstone said in Sea of Thieves - YEAR 2 - PvP mechanics and strategy (It's been awhile enjoy):

great video

Thanks for checking it out and for the kind words!

• @m4dkraut the point of breaking the video into parts is not solely for attention spans. It is also to make the lesson easier to find.
    The quality of the video is not the issue.
    When someone wants to learn something they want to be able to look it up and see how it is done. If we have to shift through a video to find the one part we need it doesn't help. More than likely we end up watching someone else's video who made it easy to find. The worst part may be they saw the long video liked the lessons and taught them in a more accessible set of videos which they monetized. Money that could have gone to Sneakler.

@Sneakler Another solution is set links to the segments within this video in your description. This would help the viewer find what lesson they are looking for.

Long videos of gameplay work great, but for lessons have to help the viewers get to what they are looking for.

Keep making videos. You'll get an audience.

• @d-jaguar said in Sea of Thieves - YEAR 2 - PvP mechanics and strategy (It's been awhile enjoy):

@m4dkraut the point of breaking the video into parts is not solely for attention spans. It is also to make the lesson easier to find.
    The quality of the video is not the issue.
    When someone wants to learn something they want to be able to look it up and see how it is done. If we have to shift through a video to find the one part we need it doesn't help. More than likely we end up watching someone else's video who made it easy to find. The worst part may be they saw the long video liked the lessons and taught them in a more accessible set of videos which they monetized. Money that could have gone to Sneakler.

@Sneakler Another solution is set links to the segments within this video in your description. This would help the viewer find what lesson they are looking for.

Long videos of gameplay work great, but for lessons have to help the viewers get to what they are looking for.

Keep making videos. You'll get an audience.

I should definitely add time stamps to the description of the video and thanks for the fair critique. It was never really about the views/money for me as I never ask anyone to subscribe or like a video, just encouraging players to think about their choices. I do appreciate your take on long versus short videos, if I was full-time YouTube I would have turned this into 3 or 4 videos certainly. There were clips that had to be left out just to keep this under 30 mins : )

• @sneakler thank for that

• @sneakler you have alot of fans in your comments on the video. You may be able to make some decent amount of money from it.

Keep it up!

@sneakler you have alot of fans in your comments on the video. You may be able to make some decent amount of money from it.

Keep it up!

Thanks Jag! I feel like the channel with only having 25 videos made has shown great growth but since I am small time and unable to make frequent content this has been more about helping people who shy away from PvP understand that they don't necessarily need great aim or weapon skill and can win/defend themselves by other means.

Was never about the views or money for me...just helping what I believe to be a great community we have here.

Views
9 out of 15