Request Sea of Thieves Official API for Communities Utility - [Sea of Thieves Italia]

• sep galeone 2.0

Good morning to all pirates,
    for those of you who don't know us, we are Sea of Thieves Italia, a community of Italian Sea of Thieves players. We have a very active Discord Server on which we have been organizing numerous events for a long time and we propose activities to involve players both in the game and in the community.
    In particular, we are very proud of the private Crews/Clan system that we have created. The members really like the Role Play environment created between the different crews and the pirate atmosphere that has resulted from it.
    The recent introduction of a fictitious currency inside the Server has improved things even more, involving more and more pirates in our adventure.

But we are not here to advertise, on the contrary we are here to put on the table a proposal that we believe could be useful to the whole international community of Sea of Thieves.

As some of you may already know, platforms like Discord allow you to create BOTs that improve and facilitate interations and daily life on the portal, adding features and upgrades.
    It is thanks to these BOTs that we were able to create the Crews/Clans system and the internal economy of the server.
    To make these BOTs, developers need to provide APIs that allow programs to receive the information they need. Many games have made these APIs available so that you can collect some game data such as GT, factions levels, hours of play, achievements, single achievement progression for each faction etc.
    This data would allow the creation of infinite features for those like us who care about this game and want to see it grow with their community.

However, Sea of Thieves doesn't offer these APIs to date, and it's very difficult for us to create something interactive with the game.

Currently, the only possible way is to access a paid service that, however, only provides very little information about the players and only concerning the Xbox achievements and not directly Sea of Thieves.

What we propose to developers is that they can make APIs available so that realities like ours can use them to create and develop features for external platforms such as Discord and engage players even more.

• We can give an example:

Within our server we give a role Legendary Pirate lvl 10 to all those who achieve this goal in the game.
    At the moment the only way to do it is to have a screenshot sent with the levels of Athena and assign the role manually. As you can certainly understand, this type of process becomes complex when you have large communities like ours (almost 4000 users).
    With the API instead it would be possible for example to configure a BOT that, when a user becomes PL lvl 10, is able to automatically assign the role of Pirate Legendary lvl 10 in the Discord server by making a simple verification of the player's information through the use of the API provided.

We would like to conclude by specifying that the API would not allow in any way to create cheats or anything like that, but would only provide information about the game to be reused externally.

sep galeone

In the following Gif, you can see the actual Bot for the Server Economy, that gives a certain quantity of 'server money' after an user register his GamerTag xbox, and the api returns the statistics taken from the hero/public that you make public (and are visible also from Xbox App).

gif bot use

Thank you all for your Consideration!
    Sea of Thieves Italia Community Staff

Sea of Thieves Italia Official Discord Server HERE (where the BOT is in)

sep galeone 2.0

Views
  • That would be Amazing!
    It would be a really helpful tool for our SoT communities!

• In other games like Destiny 2 there are a lot of informations from the API and there are a lot of bots that work like this. Connecting Discord Roles to Game stats will be amazing.

• The creation of a public API package for small developers would give an extra touch of magic to all those who are really interested in improving the community of this game. I'd say it's a great idea.

• I would be on board to create a nice web application that used the API.

• As a software dev i am waiting for this ever since release, i would love to be able to see:

• Acquired rep per faction
    • amount of loot turned in (by item type)
    • cosmetics bought
    • amount of gold a pirate has

And possibly alot more

• Good Idea! I hope Rare's will help us

• I really want it

• Very good idea

• It could be a big boost to all the communities that everyday spend their time on this Amazing Videogame !!!

• It would be so awesome! I want it now :DDD

• Totally support 🍎

• great idea, u have my support 🍻

• Please give us SOT Official API !

• It would be amazing!

• Che community fantastica, sempre piena di nuove idee! :D

• @Deckhands Necro.

• I've only begun playing this game, but would love to build a community / leaderboard platform using an API like this. It would be nice to aggregate data from individual crew members to articulate overall crew progress in given areas.

• @fibby9285 said in Request Sea of Thieves Official API for Communities Utility - [Sea of Thieves Italia]:

I've only begun playing this game, but would love to build a community / leaderboard platform using an API like this. It would be nice to aggregate data from individual crew members to articulate overall crew progress in given areas.

Please don't resurrect old threads :) Probably the mods will close this thread soon.

Views
8 out of 19