The " Hidden " Tools from the Arena aren't Decoration ...Use them...

• Hello Dear Pirates , Brothers and Sisters of the Coast, i hope you all may have a wonderful weekend ahead of you , with or without SOT ( * Without SOT , are ye out of yer mind old fool, a weekend without SOT is ...Blasphemy...moron).
    It has been a while since i started a Topic by myself and the first two things that always bugs me is : what will the title be and in wich category will i put it? Yep, you guessed it right , i'm an eternal doubter ( * No, your an eternal dumbo...fool - Sunshine, you seem to be in tip top shape today again hey?).

As you already can feel , well, i fear that this Topic ( * Why did you wrote Topic with a capital, nobody is going to read this , if ...they don't want to waste half their life in translating your written rubbish , maggot) is going to be lenghty so before you answer me with Too Long Too Read, i honestly tell you that you don't need to read this, you are all Free Spirits of the Sea and so it should be...My massive amount of spellingmistakes will point to the new Forum Gent/Lady that i'm a foreigner that lacks the great Finesses of thy Beautiful language , therefore this Topic may seem choatic and erratic since i never prepare a Topic on front . The core idea is in my head and i spun a story or a telling around it.

So now that i warned you and 90 percent already left , wich is fine by me ( * Knock knock, yo dufus 9o percent of zero readers is still zero....dufus), i can start off...

Many ( * you hope...) of you know me a bit ( * dream on, you don't even know yerself ...misshapen clown) by now. I Love This Game...
    Not only the outside of this game , meaning , a Beautiful Lifelike Sea , lush Islands designed by Genius Developers , a soundtrack that brings a smile upon my face or chills my spine if something tense is about to happen...
    Have you heard the new pieces of Music that comes along the Majesticly written Tall Tales ? They are of a level that even Mr John Williams knocks himself on the head while saying , grumpily " Why did i not come on those series of musicnotes?"...
    The whole Rare Team is making us a game that is being loved and appreciated and cherished but also a lot that don't share this feeling...
    A Cult Game like this will always have it's haters and lovers , i'm an absolute ( * Moron?) addicted lover of this game...
    Not only for it's Visuals , that allow so many almost Painting like screenshots , not only for the Great Musical Store , the Spinechilling Tall tales , the Majestic Ships and so on and on...

But also for that that one cannot see with the bare eye...The Phylosophy behind this game...
    From the very start , you know when the SewerJournalist / Gamereviewer condemned this game for being " Beautiful but Empty" ( - George , be careful...Don't start teethgrinding again, you don't have much glacier to grind anymore , soon you lay your roots naked in the sun… * Just let the man write , Captain Tearface , i love it when he saws off the feets of the chair where those "High and Mighty , Allknowing Gamereviewers sit , i wanted to write a different sounding " sit" word on it , but a bloody cencorating machine won't let me,on...Let his Spirit be free, Captain) and gave this game a hard start towards the big audience , i knew that it would survive…

Because this isn't just simply a game, i take a look on myself ( * Yuuuuk, frightening isn't it , George?), i started this game or better said Forum as a scared rabbit , afraid to write , afraid to talk. But the Rare atmosphere from the Studio had , luckely, possessed so many Forumpeople and Alpha Testers so on the big day , i bursted out a long Silence into a five minute speaking , i had not more practiced and...got accepted…

This Acceptance has made my gaminglife and also my real life , richer...i will be forever Grateful to those that broke me out of my mentalprison...But ...i'm not the only Silent PIrate on the Sea...

Many Brothers and Sisters are Silent...Afraid to say a word or use their voice that could trigger an avalanche of bad and hurting comments...Or they simply don't want to talk anymore because many people have been so harsh on them , for whatever fake reason , because there is no reason to be angry on a Gamer, so they swore to never use that Microphone again…

And That is sad…

Rare wouldn't be Rare if they would invent new gamemodes in order to sneakingly introduce communicating with one another…

The ARENA....

AAAH, some shiver or puked by hearing Rare had made a PVP Heaven as some would call it ...Later ,when the Hub/ Massive tavern was introduced , many more Pirates shivered and embraced the Adventure Mode even more because the Tavern is sometimes a verbal battlefield that scares away the Pirate that just wants some fun...

i, myself , am the worst PvP player ever , a toddler of age three can dance like Mr Mo Ali around me and sting me like a bee ( * Aaah rumble young man, rumble) but i don't give two hoots about that...This Arena option is another method to prove to yer crew how well oiled a crew can be or ...if people have a natural leader amongst them, how a random crew can find eachother in ten minutes and come back from a lost position.
    One does not have to be a melee Pirate like Jack Sparrow or Captain Blood or a Crimson Pirate ...A good helmsman/woman, a great repairer , canonneer or cannoneeress ( * whahahaaa, dumbo , i love how you stumble over yer selfmade words...moron) is as priceless as those dancing cutlass ballerina's of the Sea or those Flintlock/Blunderbuss wielding Sea dogs…

Another Great aspect of this Game...Every Pirate has a Place in the Crew...

But some...Never tried Arena ...because it's "too much" PvP -minded or , and now it comes, something frightens them…

The Hub/Tavern of the Arena...A Heaven for one may be a Hell to another one…

Have you ever come in , saw 20 plus Pirates and something clubbed you on the forehead? ...The Silence ...Or sometimes the verbal sludge that spreads around like a cancer? Yes ?

Well, i did too...What has made so many Pirates so silent or immediatly defensive or offensive in their talks?
    i'm not a smart man , as you all will know or realize by now , but many gamecommunities have been grown totally bend because of the " seriousness" how they have set up their game...Only the Winner is the "Man or Woman" and all the other players that have coloured the match are ...expendable…almost worthless, i shiver by writing this down because NO ONE is worthless.

Years and years have games rewarded the best of the best and used the other players as " livestock " to be kicked and sludged upon...What you get now , here in Rare's Arena is two things.

A mentally , tensed and suffocating silent atmosphere in wich the Silence can be broken if one person opens his / her voice , while another one , also fearing, immediatly strikes the first verbal punch ,just to be " in the lead"...
    Years and years of " Best of the Best games " have destroyed our ability to act normal and polite in unknown enviroments and once again this is so sad…
    " Oh , George , you preaching Moron , and what is Rare doing to alter this , how is Rare ever be able to kill an inborn fear of the unknown and more than likely verbally strong Pirate, huh?"...

Well, this Tavern is the exact tool to "break the Permafrostic ice" between Pirates…
    i will only look at myself as i cant' see what others think or feel...
    i too , come into the Tavern with Fear, yes , i admit , i fear many of you…

Every Pirates words can slash through my mental veins , these words are able to put me back where i once stayed seven years ...Locked away in an Internet Silence...One of the harshest punishments any Gamer can get...
    "What was your crime then , George ?" i hear you say...Well, my Dear Pirates , i wasn't the "Best of the Best" , i never saw my name on the first place in a Team deathmatch , i was first if you would put the leaderboard upside down...But i always let the team down , as i was mostly the last one on the ranking list...
    Competitive Gamers don't , mostly , like the one that is "always ' the last.
    Another reason was ...Accent , being not English ,Usa made me slow in following orders ...Voice , some hated my voice from the moment it peeped a note...And so on and on...You have all experienced it ...Any troll that wants to do harm will find something…

Years of this behaviour has made us all "on our guard" , Many Pirates have said that Arena is very Toxic ,but when i play it's more a " heavy Silence " that rules that Massive Tavern…

But , like i said a hundred ( * Make that thousends , goofball) times , the SeaGods in this Game love me and make things very clear to me...Rare has , once again , silently put objects and rewards in this game in order to let us communicate and play together without having to bear this heavy and sometimes Toxic atmosphere…

i already have discovered the Bathtub ( * have you smelled yerself lately , george? You "discovered the bathtub" , hey , then why don't you use it , a donkey's buttocks doesn't even smell that bad as you ….hihihihihihi) wich is used to get an Achievement , don't ask me what's it's called , because Mr Spencer's Team made a little mistake ...i'm a Belgian but they think that all Belgians speak French , but many of us speak Flemish , Dutch as one might say , so i cant' translate them...Nevermind , i use this bathtub ( * Nope, liar , you still stink) to mine and everyone's advancement…
    i come into the Lobby , grab the bull by the horn , use one of my many ( * "childish") voices or accents and start talking and luring people into this bathtub for their Achievement…
    You wouldn't believe how many silent Pirates answer that call in Silence but do come to the tub. Sure there is always one or more that have a remark on me for my accent or voice but i let that blow over my hair like an Autumnwind.If you ignore or don't get lured in their trap then those remaks die out pretty quickly…
    i want that pirates in our lobby ,enjoy themselves , find courage and faith to open up communications with me and all other Pirates...i use accents like French , Russian , Southern USA, Indian, Scottish and so on just to get a reaction...The first reactions are negative but i know that they come from an almost inborn defensce system that reacts to the " new and possible vile person"...Mostly the verbal comments don't last long and the verbal Pirate joins the bathtub as well...

Rare and this very Forum, and i cannot thank you enough for that, has encouraged me with their hidden Tools, to not only open up but also to reach out to others to drop their guard and just come out and play whatever yer nationality , gender or voice may sound...

Another "Tool" was detected and used yesterday and by the Gods , those Pirates in that lobby were so great…

We started ,last night , for a few hours of Arena . We stayed mostly on the same server but every game made Pirates depart and refreshed with new Pirates ...You know how it goes…

Oops , i forgot to tell you something, sorry Mr J4dio...

i can do all this , i mean overcome my Fear for all of you , because i'm supported and backed up by Mr J4dio, a crewbinder , a man that can still whole Fleetfights with his voice and reasoning ,without even lifting his voice higher in Volume...

He is in a way ,my Guardian , he mostly never steps in because he knows that his presence give me so much mental strenght that i can tackle mostly everything that comes to me with a smile and by myself , but he is an assuring presence, that much i do can tell you…

Pirate Friends are not only very Important to Enrich your voyage or Arena Match but their presence can support you in a way i simply can't describe...Let's call it a mix of Great Personality that Flourishes because of a Geniusly created atmosphere by Rare and their reputation over thirthy and more years…

So , we were in the Lobby and i felt that my "bathtub" trick became a bit boring to some, they all must had already the Achievement , some like two or three persons had already talked . Luckely ,in the corner of my "rugbyball shaped eye" , little joke towards another Friend of the Sea called Mr Ludicrous , i saw a stage...
    " A stage?" ,i hear you say …" But , George , that's just decoration.." .You're right and ...wrong as well...It's just another tool of Rare to see if someone can find a use for it...
    Wich i did ...i jumped on the stage and called all the Pirates to see if anyone was courageous enough to share a story or joke with us ...And...To my suprise , a Young talented American came up to the stage and told , in true Stand Up Comedian Style , a few short but funny and good jokes...
    i stepped a bit backwards and saw that the crowd was growing , i started to clap and cheer and so did others …

That " dark and tense , gloomy and doomy silence that can explode like a Powderkeg by one " wrong" peep of a throat and end up in a sludge war " ; that atmosphere melted away like mist in a SummerSun…

I Know what you did there Rare , and by the SeaGods ,i am so grateful that you did this…
    i even placed down my own joke , and i can only memorize one unfortunately ,and a very old dream was revived from the grave it hasd been lying for three quarters of my life...

You know those schooltheathers , i mean the school forces children to go to a theathre they have chosen ...Some are too difficult to understand if you are young sometimes that makes this whole happening to turn into a very boring two hours...i felt this often but one time i had to go to a play about a Russian Soldier during the October revolution...The stage looked like a refugee camp , all kinds of rusty cans , dirty old rags spun on wires that could be used as rooms and so on...There was only one actor , only one , i could already feel the boredom rise up but then this guy , this Solo man opened his mouth…

He played different roles , Soldier , sargeant , Colonel, executioner and so on, he started to "live" in his act...He trashed the place apart like a Tasmanian devil and then would fall silent ,let his eyes travel over our faces and started to talk about the reason of Life....This Guy , this Solo actor , had us all flattened by his many voices , accents and personalities…
    i wanted to be like him, to start of unrespected, silly almost , but then along the way grab people by the mental throat and inspire and encourage them in their Lives…

Alas , stagefright , minoritycomplex , and a Penguinwalk combined with the fact that i can't memorize text had put that dream under such a layer of dust , that i almost forgot about this …
    Untill...Rare and their Geniusly Sea of Thieves , a game that has conquered my Heart without firing one shot to hurt it...
    i never have nor will have the talent of this Actor , but i will try to fight this sickening Silenece or verbal sludgewar that have killed so many Good and Original People's will to talk in my own , little and silly way.Ooh, i'm more than aware that i will never beat this atmosphere but i do hope to slowly encourage others to try to destroy this sickening atmosphere with their own Personality and Talents , and all of you are much smarter and talented than me , that's for sure.
    An Atmosphere that has led so many games to a premature death…

It won't happen to Sea of Thieves as long as i have a voice…
    i would love to ask one thing ,of all of you ,who are still reading...Try to overcome yer fears , you will always have those , i do too, but to try to make a conversation by simply using the Tools in the Arena Tavern and in the Adventure Game, because the biggest cancer of any game is Silence or this "verbal defence"...

" Did you not fight in the Arena then , George , did you turn them into Pirate hippies ?" i hear you ask...Well, of course not , Dear Pirate Friend, we fought like Lions , we pulled pranks , shot eachother in the back ,pulled the socks over eachothers ears ,stole treasure and pocketknives ,pulled on Pirate noses , kicked Pirate behinds ….But ...All was done without a hateful Atmosphere and comments ….We all had a fun evening and everyone walked away ,mentally unharmed ….

i want to thank every Pirate that i have met yesterday , to give eachother the chance to prove that Multiplayer Games are not only for the hardest knuckleheads around but can be played to all People , from every corner of this World , from every Gender , Race and religion without grudges….

Rare , you have an amazing crew and your team must have a very talented pshychiatrist or pshychologist intheir midst…
    Those "decorations" and Achievements are hidden Motivators to make People talk and enjoy eachother companies again…
    If there was a Nobel Price for Community Gathjring Games then you would be my favorite …
    Thank you , for your "hidden" Tools , and thank you to let me fullfill a long lost dream of mine...
    Pirates from last night , thank you very much...You have inspired me to keep doing my silly stuff in hope to make Multiplayer Games fun and Social again…

Thank you , All of ye ...Scurvy Seadogs ;-)

Views
  • nicely said mister @Clumsy-George

• @Clumsy-George Well said! I'm quite a silent player (but efficient on text chat presets), your words hold great wisdom.
    I had some great moments at the stage too, live music, people cheering and laughing, I love those kind of feature.
    I hope to see you there for a comedy stand up :)

• @clumsy-george Perfectly said dear Sir, that's twice now we've had an open mic night in the Arena Tavern, and to be sure, it is the most amazing thing to see - when all waiting for the game to start, are just sat around on the tables/chairs by the stage, listening to whoever wants to get up and tell a story / sing a song / tell a joke... just a community together enjoying themselves, and not trashing each other is such a delight.

Almost went up myself last night, but the guys jokes were too funny to interrupt. It's this type of thing that makes the Arena (when you get into the fight) still enjoyable, because no matter how pirate you are in the battle, you know everyone will be still smiling afterwards, and not aggressive, or just trash talking.

One more thing, as you said about the whole bottom of the leader board thing in other games, I'd have to say, when I used to play RB6-Siege, I was never at the top... but always got asked to play, because I'm a team player, and not a person to just want to take the glory. It doesn't matter where you come in a team, it's the fact that you contribute and enjoy your time with whatever team/crew you are with that makes gaming what it should be.

• @clumsy-george nice captain

• So now we did about 10 arena matches and we win a lot!
    Its really like multiple crews on reaper runs its a lovely chess play of strategy to choose a island and watch what others are doing and where they are going.. keeping track of other good crews. Keeping the boat running during lovely shipbattles.and to repel boarders..

O.o
    im so hooked i really like it when you can get a crew together to play the arena. xD

• @ruigtand-nl said in The " Hidden " Tools from the Arena aren't Decoration ...Use them...:

So now we did about 10 arena matches and we win a lot!
    Its really like multiple crews on reaper runs its a lovely chess play of strategy to choose a island and watch what others are doing and where they are going.. keeping track of other good crews. Keeping the boat running during lovely shipbattles.and to repel boarders..

O.o
    im so hooked i really like it when you can get a crew together to play the arena. xD

A premade crew is the only way to do it. At least have three. You, Wolf, and me got lucky with the fourth being a random after Halo had to leave. We really did great. We came in first the majority of the time and when we did not, we came in second. The fun was in us hanging out playing and working together to win. Was fun teaching a few that join us along the way. That was the good, but there is so much bad.

The open mic in the tavern was the worse idea ever. The pinnacle of online toxicity. Not much to the Arena in the way of rewards. The commendations are not worth the extreme repetitive game play to care about them. The cosmetics are just ok, but again the rate of leveling, the repetitiveness, and what you get for it is nothing to get very exited about and definitely not worth it. The loading in and out of matches is painfully slow and boring. There are so many bugs in the game a year later and lots of them and a few new ones made their way into the Arena.

The problem is Sea of Thieves is so much worse now than it was at launch. It is ironic, but in a way it is poetic justice for all the mistakes and the love affair with the absolute worse PvP crazed players in any video game. The Arena is a stellar showcase of the worse of Sea of Thieves. This is only a preview of what is so much worse now in Adventure.

The entire game is overflowing with bullying, griefing, and vile toxicity. It is what has dominated this game since launch and has grown with this update out of control. Rare has built a game that launched with not much else than that, and in a year’s time they have managed to make it so much less enjoyable of a game while breeding more of the worse behavior in its player base.

A year’s worth of updates and the overhyped mega anniversary update on top of it all only delivered more of the same. Nothing but the same old repetitive grind, a sea overflowing with bullying, griefing, and toxicity, and nothing really worth it all in the end.

• @x-crowheart-x

I cant hear other players when im in party but i seen it on mixer so i keep all mute..
    Tried again yesterday but could not get a functional crew..

Views
7 out of 8