Release Notes Discussion 2.0.1

• Release Notes - 2.0.1

Our maintenance period for today is over and our latest update to Sea of Thieves is live! Read our release notes to find out more about all of the fixes to the Anniversary Update feature set that this build introduces.

Release Notes 2.0.1

alt text

LOOKING FOR CREW?

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • Is the link broken for anyone else?

Edit: Typo

• @xcalypt0x Yeah its busted

• @xcalypt0x dijo en Release Notes Discussion 2.0.1:

Is the kink broken for anyone else?

@bumslaw dijo en Release Notes Discussion 2.0.1:

@xcalypt0x Yeah its busted

Try this link https://www.seaofthieves.com/es/release-notes/2.0.1

• @xcalypt0x @Bumslaw

Well spotted, I have just fixed the link. Should be good to go now.

• @musicmee So are we not getting patch notes in forum form anymore? Not that clicking the link is a big deal or anything but it was easier to quote from when they were posted directly in the thread.

• @xcalypt0x Aye, we decided to move away from using the Forums for long form pieces like Release Notes due to ease of accessibility and formatting. No plans to bring them back to Forums currently but we'll listen to feedback!

• Xbox one x download size says 4.9gb but in the parch notes it’s listed as about half of that

• I'm pretty angry about the size of this Update, it took me a week to download this game, and this evening I was finally going to get to play it.

NOPE, another whole night just to download fixes...

• It mentioned that players that had pirate feature loss/appearance change should raise a support ticket. If we already have and it was closed out saying they're aware of the issue, is there an estimate on when or if it can be fixed?

• Players should be able to cut the harpoon rope with their sword or otherwise remove it from their ship without having to shoot the harpoon launcher.

• did they fix the water duplication bug via a single bucket of water? I'll try it tonight to see if it still exists.

• Will nautical miles calculate correctly for the original three faction commendations while having a tall tale active now? It wasn't listed in the notes as a fix or a known issue.

• @TakuBoto

Do you know if it’s possible to have an Athena’s voyage down for mileage while doing tall tales now? This also wasn’t listed as a fix or known issue in this build, but it was on the anniversary notes...

• @rusto1 Agree... let's just shoot it out as is, wait for the complaints, then issue another patch that's about half of the entire expansion. Love logging in during my wee bit of play time to find out there's more downloading to do. Very nice

• Tested tonight. The water duplication bug is still in the game. Can we please get this fixed?

ugh I'm tired of this. this bug has been reported countless times just like the cannon reload bug and it's constantly ignored. if y'all don't care... we report this stuff because we enjoy the game and we want it fixed. but it just comes across as griping. fix the bugs. I'm tired.

• @Musicmee I liked the patch notes in the forums. I also liked that when they were posted there people got a chance to read them before the servers went live.

• @kalicokai No estimates as we don't want to confirm anything until a fix is properly verified, but it's currently being tackled as a priority issue.

• 2 Open Crews, 1 AFK each time, quite annoying.

edit : and one more running in circle…

• @treefittymonsta We've still got this down as an active bug that's being looked into. Currently trying to prioritise the issues that impact core gameplay the most and the largest amount of players, but we haven't forgotten about this one.

• Are there any updates regarding the level 50 ship skins? I've been waiting for a long time to finish my rogue sea dog ship set. Meanwhile new ship skins are being added...

• @blindnev

....? What?

The level 50 Sea Dog skin already exists... are you talking about the pieces that don't exist yet? (Helm, Capstan, Cannons) ???

• @gattagosanic said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.1:

@blindnev

....? What?

The level 50 Sea Dog skin already exists... are you talking about the pieces that don't exist yet? (Helm, Capstan, Cannons) ???

Yes. I said in my post that I've been waiting to finish the set. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

• The text for the resolution in settings says 1920x"1008" instead of 1080

and also my game goes black in fullscreen now for some reason. Never had a problem before.

• No gold hoarder curse fix yet?

• @rebelgamer203 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.1:

No gold hoarder curse fix yet?

Fingers crossed matey, update not until tomorrow (Thursday) btw...

edit... no doubt new thread for Release Notes too..

• @jetorchidee97 dijo en Release Notes Discussion 2.0.1:

2 Open Crews, 1 AFK each time, quite annoying.

edit : and one more running in circle…

Report them. If people report all AFK players soon there will be no more AFK players.

• Thanks for the update guys! Any news about the crossplay option yet?

@guepard4 @JetOrchidee97
    Yeah I got everytime 1 afk.. sometimes even 3 and only me at the ship... =\

• @guepard4 Oh dear, you really think that?

• What exactly does this mean?

Improved inactivity detection to better identify inactive players across the Sea of Thieves.

Can we get some actual parameters around this?

• @thejollyfap Obviously yes. The game is not free.

• A little of topic... went to devils roar was knocking out an athena yesterday, and dear god the volcanos, is it me or is devil roar insane all of a sudden i couldn’t be on an island for more than maybe 2 mins before the volcano would go off... and that is right after it went off didn’t matter which island i went to all of them were like this. Has anyone else noticed this. Just curious im use to being on islands for 15 mins plus sometimes before a volcano would go off. Only asking because this was after latest patch.

• @seriousbarney
    What I got from the release notes and the dev update:
    The problem is that SoT apparantly has a lot of (intentionaly) AFK players. They ruin the game for actual players, and take up server resources while not doing anything.

Rare has improved their inactivity detection, to recognize inactive players and log/kick them out of the game session, in favor for other players.

Rare is intentionally not disclosing in how the inactivity detection will work, because players that are intentionally AFK, will then have leads in how to avoid said detection. In the dev update there was slight hinting that the detection will notice the the use of rubber bands on controllers, but I imagine that the detection wil also recognise scripted input and such.
    My two cents. Cheers!

Views
10 out of 33