Need Help with the Fate of The Morningstar Tall Tale ASAP

• I've been at this for over an hour now; as much as I like to do these sorts of things without looking up tutorials I'm about at my limit. For those of you not wanting to spoil the tall tale I advise not looking any further.

After I killed the skeleton captain at Canon Cove, I picked up the scroll the he dropped which added an extra riddle to the back of the quest book (in code of course) and I've deciphered it perfectly (to my knowledge) but have beed stuck on the actual riddle aspect of it.

The Quest reads these five lines in order:

From beach camp walk North Star when
    sun south rising sun walk when tree
    South North Star walk 3 South setting sun
    walk 7 dig

Please help, this riddle makes no sense without grammar and I'm struggling to even guess where the skull could be.

Views
  • from the tree walk three north and then 7 to the east(setting sun) dig

• @spunkus-skunkus said in Need Help with the Fate of The Morningstar Tall Tale ASAP:

I've been at this for over an hour now; as much as I like to do these sorts of things without looking up tutorials I'm about at my limit. For those of you not wanting to spoil the tall tale I advise not looking any further.

After I killed the skeleton captain at Canon Cove, I picked up the scroll the he dropped which added an extra riddle to the back of the quest book (in code of course) and I've deciphered it perfectly (to my knowledge) but have beed stuck on the actual riddle aspect of it.

The Quest reads these five lines in order:

From beach camp walk North Star when
    sun south rising sun walk when tree
    South North Star walk 3 South setting sun
    walk 7 dig

Please help, this riddle makes no sense without grammar and I'm struggling to even guess where the skull could be.

The key is to make sure each word in your translation is accurate, but the North Star is always straight north from wherever you are at. Frequently it will tell you to walk until you reach a landmark rather than tell you how many paces so keep that in mind as well.

Also, this is a hint, but remember the sun rises in the east and sets in the West.

Good luck!

• Yes I’m stuck on this as well would like help mine is really long and it reads, when cave camp south north East walk 3 south north star walk when rock south setting sun walk when tree south north cave walk three dig

• @BreadHampston The symbols for FACE and SOUTH are quite similar and you may have gotten them mixed up (as I did a while back) in which case it should be:

when cave camp FACE north East walk 3 FACE north star walk when rock FACE setting sun walk when tree FACE north cave walk three dig

As this thread was 6 months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
2 out of 5