Briggsy

• Briggsy is waay too hard... Me and my friends were trying to defeat her for 30 minutes straight but we couldn't, she was too hard. What should we do? Please... we can't complete the tall tale :(

Views
  • I’m not sure if this is a thing, but try to keep one member of your crew alive at all times.

If all of your crew dies and goes to the ferry before anyone gets back it might be resetting Briggsy’s health. Also, the difficulty is scaled to crew size/ship size so be aware of that as well.

• From what I have found, it is easiest to do it with a sloop crew. When I solo'd a sloop it took only 2-3 minutes. This is because there is a multiplier for her difficulty based upon the crew's size.

• Thanks for all of the help!

• @gabbe-2 said in Briggsy:

Briggsy is waay too hard... Me and my friends were trying to defeat her for 30 minutes straight but we couldn't, she was too hard. What should we do? Please... we can't complete the tall tale :(

At 8 MINUTES into the video this encounter plays out. Cannons made light work of this encounter.

Was a 15 second fight but I am not sure if these missions scale based on crew size.

• @gabbe-2 said in Briggsy:

Briggsy is waay too hard... Me and my friends were trying to defeat her for 30 minutes straight but we couldn't, she was too hard. What should we do? Please... we can't complete the tall tale :(

Well, Briggsy has the ability to show up on a number of islands. Depending on what island she has decided to lead you to - it may be possible to work her over with cannons. However, there is also a great possibility that she will be in a spot where cannons do no good.
    Be sure to have a plan of attack. Try not to let every single member die at one time. We designate a "survivor" so that we don't have to submit to a redo/do over.
    Make sure you are aware of where all the barrels and ammo boxes are around the combat area. One of us usually armors up with two guns and the rest with a cutlass and a gun. Try to go after the skellies with the guns first.
    Being a Skeleton Lord, Briggsy has some tricks up her sleeve. Watch for her tricks and learn them.....while fightin' all dem skellies!

What fun! I loved this tale! #piratelife #piratehunting #SoT

• Trust me, Briggsy is not hard... just wait. ;)

• Two man crew on a Brig took 2-3 minutes.

• two man crew on sloop - 1 minute

• @gabbe-2 I did all the tales SOLO the first time, because i couldn't wait :P and use sniper and pistol and be patient and he dies rather easy if you keep distant,

• Yes, distance is key and double gun.

• Before the fight really start, you can run in with 2x gunpowder, place an lit, then run, turn an shot Briggsy. after that you go at it with swords.
    Extra help, can be good food for quiek healing, an meat or passiv healing
    focus down shotgun skelly, an otherwise just go at Briggsy

• this way take less than 2 min.

• I fought her yesterday for the 2nd time with a 3 man brig crew. It took forever, must have been half an hour at least. It did not help that we had an Athena order of souls mission there too so we were being attacked by those skellies too.. but even when a sloop showed up and started to help us fight briggsy, it took all 5 of us 10 minutes to finally kill her. I have no idea why she was that powerful all of a sudden bearing in mind we were all PL and know what we are doing. I killed her a few days ago with a sloop partner and it was easy as anything?

• @cyberguardian77 said in Briggsy:

If all of your crew dies and goes to the ferry before anyone gets back it might be resetting Briggsy’s health.

Getting wiped does not reset the HP of skellies and skelly captains on normal voyages. Why should Briggsy go by different rules?

• If you can't kill her it's because you do not deserve having the tale complete... stop beging.... CLOSE THIS THREAT PLS!!!!

• Really? We took her pretty quick with just 2 of us using cutlasses. And the other person rarely plays SoT. So it can't be that hard. Unless she is different every time????

• @gabbe-2 Put the ship transverse to the beach.
    Draw Briggsy to the beach. As many people as possible shoot cannonballs at Briggsy, so this woman has no time to eat a banana.

• @gabbe-2 Cursed Cannonballs, friend :)

• @viperishemu2992 I guess it is depending on the size of your ship. The bigger the sip, the harder the fight? We have been there, three on a galleon, and had no chance to kill her by swords, guns, pistols or kegs. We needed three canons, 10 shots each in shortest time, to win. And we needed five attempts, as she simply disapeared four times.

• We parked close to the beach and lured her there. One player shot her with cannonballs. The other two (including me) kept hitting her with swords non stop. Instead of dying, we returned to the ship to get fruit / fish. We made sure that there was always one person there, so she didn't get too much opportunities to heal.

After a while, her dialogue changes and you'll notice that she's feeling hurt. Don't give up, you'll get there! Worst thing that could happen is another crew attacking you while you're fighting her.

• We had a really tough fight with Briggsy. Eventually we won by just lobbing a constant barrage of cannonballs at her. She was pretty easy to draw out into range of our guns. It probably would have been easier if we'd kept the ship out of range of her attacks, but in this case we were right in front of her. No doubt, it was a hard battle but well worth the victory.

• @goedecke-michel That would seem to make sense? However we were 2 on a Brigantine? I am no God of War by a long shot. And the friend that I was playing with is basically a Noob. So I don't know why or how we killed her relatively easily? But from what I am reading here it sounds like the fight should have been harder than it was?

• I solo a brig and have soloed Briggsy 5 times and not died once, and do not understand why people find her difficult.
    I used blunderbuss and sword and made sure my regen was full before I went in and the fight is very short-lived. Keep on the move, get in close for the blunder swipe the blade to take out the adds. If you are used to soloing skull forts this should be a doozy, if not then you need to learn how to fight multiple weapon wielding skellies and hit those forts.

• two man brig crew.... omg, briggsy was so OP... she completely wrecked our ship, no food left... after trying to sword her for 20 minutes we almost gave up but then tried double sniping her. killed her after 10 minutes of it. ridiculous.

• @viperishemu2992 it just depends on either the size of your crew or your ship size, I am not really sure which one though.

• That's weird that your having such a problem. Ive completed two of the briggsy tales so far. Both solo. And i found it pretty easy to defeat her. I can only suggest what i did and that was to shoot her a couple of times before she comes after you.

• aye - me and my crew have defeated her 4 times so far - each time took nay less than 30-40 minutes -constant dying, and shooting and hitting her even used cannons on her too each time - i think by far - so far she is the hardest one to kill ( I aint got to shores of gold yet) only once out of the 4 times have we managed to kill her in less than 30 minutes. (I sail with brig and galleon crewmates depending on mood at the time)
    i would say -(without meaning to sound typical) keep at it, dont give up you will beat her eventually - a good indication she is close to dying is when she starts to make sounds when she is hit - and she starts to eat banana's at that point try and intensify the attacks ye will get her.

• Only 7 gunpowder barrels.. and the fight is done in 1sec.

• @gabbe-2 use ccb...but wait for her attacks, when she's already in her animation for either teleporting or that stomp it doesn't effect her...

• @schwammlgott Hadn’t thought about this. I’d love to see Briggsy dancing it up! Lol.

• Im confused. I beat Briggsy on my own and found her really easy. Much easier than a OOS skeleton boss.

• I keep hearing this from people but I defeat her quite easily? Just using a cutlass/pistol and a ton of bananas food and running.

I wonder if she comes in a wide range of Power?

• @gabbe-2 We used a mega keg and more gunpower barrels and she took it like a champ.
    Use cursed cannnonballs on her and while she cant regenerate health give her all you got.

• @viperishemu2992 depends the size of the ship if you are on a sloop she is very easy but bigger ships means she is going to be much stronger.

Views
4 out of 40