Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update

• Release Notes - 2.0 Anniversary Update

UPDATE: Servers are now live.

Greetings, pirates!

The Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update has arrived and with it a shipment of fresh new features to sink your teeth into. It wouldn't be a mega update without equally mega release notes, and we've rustled up just that for you to prep yourselves for the shenanigans to come.

Release Notes 2.0 - Anniversary Update

You should also know that due to unforeseen circumstances related to publishing the update, our maintenance window has been extended to 6pm BST, however now that the release notes are live you can use this thread to discuss everything you've read.

Enjoy!

alt text

LOOKING FOR CREW?

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • Just want to reiterate my opinion that players should be able to cut harpoon lines with their swords. It just...makes sense. While any game needs a good balance of realism and video game mechanics, the behavior of the harpoon rope as a non-physical object in the world feels odd.

Edit: Developer response or input would be nice, I know they must have seen this.

• Let's hope we hit this new release window

• Sailor of Athena’s Fortune Commendation Progress – Players do not receive progress towards the Sailor of Athena’s Fortune Commendation while their crew have both an Athena’s Fortune Voyage and a Tall Tale active at the same time.

This is disheartening, being A10, all I really have left is sinking skelly ships and sailing miles. I was really looking forward to racking up miles while doing the tall tales! :( I hope this gets patched out quick.

EDIT - I tried this last night and my miles progressed! Might be hit and miss.

• alt text

https://imgur.com/gallery/BsXvqvx

• @captoneear

Yeah we should be able to shoot a rope then walk up the rope to reach a hard to get to area that would otherwise need a cannon to reach, the skeleton thrones don’t give doubloons for rewards anyway anymore.

• Congratulations Sea of Thieves, you are no longer a disguised early access game. If anyone ever thought that SoT was released one year too early, here is the proof, just compare today to 20th March 2018, this is the game people expected.

On a less grim note, just want to say this is a very good update and everything built up to this moment from release was pretty solid. I can finally look foward to what's new in the horizon, instead of focusing on what needs to be fixed in the present.

• Cheers to all those who have worked on this fabulous update! I can't wait to have fun with all the new features and tools introduced with this update 😁🎉

Raise my Tankard

• @captoneear you are right you cant cut the harpoon with a sword, but you can shoot the harpoon gun from the opposing ship and the harpoon will release

• @nefrit-od
    I see the update for pc but there’s no update available yet on Xbox one I’ve refreshed and restarted my Xbox several times and checked my internet... I guess it will come when the pc server load slows down

• @tx-zetorah-txm
    Never mind I just got it

• Rare may i offer my deepest of grattitude, honestly you guys went trough some rough patches the past year, i remember one weekly dev update where Joe sat there as a broken man (dont remember exactly which one but i think more people remember that moment)

I loved sea of thieves ever since it released (and even before) i was lucky to be chosen for the first batch of pioneers after release and have tested to my hearts content ever since.

You guys always had gold in your hands with this title and IP and even though the tides where not always as calm as some would’ve liked you all kept going at it.

Again thanks for this game, thanks for the dedication, thanks for the moments i have had and moments that are yet to come.

• This update is looking great!
    Can't wait to play it!

• Yay updating now super fast on xbox 40% xD

• No update for me on XB

• No update in pc in Spain what is happening?

• No update on PC in France..

• @takuboto That's a very nice image you've got there 😏

Okay, I may have just chucked together the images available on the Anniversary Update page and cropped it... but still, it gives me great pleasure to see it being used elsewhere haha.

That's at least one accomplishment out of my design bachelor haha.

• Nobody is talking about the cutlass change? Not being able to keep a combo going by hitting the environment is a HUGE nerf...

• @comedielemur45 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

No update on PC in France..

Try force fetching it:

My update isn't showing up, what do I do?

Xbox One:
    If you have tried fetching the update manually and it is still not showing in 'My games and apps' then try restarting your console.

Windows 10:
    Updates usually go automatically through the Microsoft Store. If you've disabled auto-updates then open the Microsoft Store, go to 'Downloads and updates' and click on 'Get updates' in the top right corner.

• @takuboto

Look at that fancy new website intro page! :D

• @murkrage It's perfect!

• Still taking wayyyyyy too long to start arena battles!!!!!

• @nwstorms said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

Still taking wayyyyyy too long to start arena battles!!!!!

While the servers are up, please know the maintenance window is still open. That means some servers might be up, but definitely not all. In any case: maintenance is still ongoing. Until it's finished, expect quite a few hiccups!

• Nothing mentioned about the ability to opt out of crossplay for those xbox users who are tired of seeing enemy combatants take more hits than is possible and still kill everyone, why has this fallen by the wayside?

• Hey i read the patch notes and saw nothing about the crossplay opt out option. Please tell me im being dumb and missed it

• @sanestarcanist said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

Nothing mentioned about the ability to opt out of crossplay for those xbox users who are tired of seeing enemy combatants take more hits than is possible and still kill everyone, why has this fallen by the wayside?

@capn-ratstache said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

Hey i read the patch notes and saw nothing about the crossplay opt out option. Please tell me im being dumb and missed it

Crossplay seperation isn't part of the Anniversary Update mateys :)

• @murkrage Yet was widely publicised as being expected in time for the Arena release, was it not?

• @sanestarcanist said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

@murkrage Yet was widely publicised as being expected in time for the Arena release, was it not?

The goal was to have it ready in time for Arena. Unfortunately it wasn't ready.

• @Murkrage When are we getting it then? I would not look forward to Arena because any players I recognize as PC can absolutely not board us or else it is a death sentence.

• @capn-ratstache

No news on this just yet, apart from as soon as it's available, the delay was mentioned in a Dev update video a little while ago.

• Looks like another flop. Too many known issues that make the games update virtually unplayable for PL10s...so once again the diehards get ×××× on. Not like we need the nautical mileage or anything...you'll never deliver on new content for PLs. Too busy fixing all the bugs caused by adding cosmetics and aesthetics. The harpoon needs to be able to be cut. Its too unrealistic. Why even do an update if you have issues with it at launch? Didnt your Pioneer group test this one, or was it just said to pacify players in the meantime like it seems to be the case on prior updates.

• @shurthugal It should expand the text below so you're able to read the specific notes for that feature, rather than take you elsewhere - I know it was slow to load for me earlier.

• hey i have a problem sea of thieves after the big update is not working i cant even get to the menu its show the logo sea of thieves when i start it then black screen then its back to desktop screen maybe server cant handel so many on first day of update i hope it get fix

Views
14 out of 68