Double Gunning is STILL a THING??!!

• The term "Double Gun" mean using 2 firearms in rapid succession as if it were ONE burst. (You are able to use 2 guns) I know RARE have recently put a patch in place to prevent this (Adding an equip animation apon changing your weapon) however I am finding more and more cases of players getting around this patch. What makes it worse now is that other players are NURFED when it comes to fighting against it cause the only way to fight a Double Gun quick swap is to Double Gun quick swap.

I do have clips of Players bypassing the patch to use Double Gunning like before. If this gos unfixed, next update's Arena will be flooded with Double Gunning Exploiters, and will make the overall experience "Unenjoyable".

*If you've encountered Double Gunning, One shot kills, since the past update, please inform RARE of this issue. It has Happened to me far too frequently and I can not be the only one!. There is a loophole past the patch.

Clip Recorded apr12,2019

(EDIT: The clip has been REMOVED to be edited to fit community guidelines; Also to check to see if this was an example of double gunning and will be reposted with a conclusion soon after. Thank you everyone for the Feedback.)

Views
    bug
  • @simmonszore What I see is you getting shot dropping to about 70% health and 5 seconds later getting shot again and killed. 5 seconds do hardly count as rapid succession. The reload time of every weapon in this game is shorter than that.

Also I'm afraid the linked video violates the forum rules. Better blur the player's name or remove the link.

• Please Rare, give us back the sword as it was before all that changing and don't let us use 2 guns, so the problem is solved

• @simmonszore but he shot you with the blunder twice....or am I missing something here? Shot you off the crows nest ladder which barely hurt you, but you took a little fall damage. Then he point blank blundered you to finish you. There were a good three seconds between shots. Doesn't even look like the guy had two guns.....And you might wanna remove that video. You can't have insider content on YouTube bud.

• @simmonszore The second shot at you on the ladder comes from a different direction than the first.

• A few things to mention here pertaining to the video...

1. If that is double-gunning then call me Quick Draw.

2. The guy never switched weapons, he shot only two times for the entire duration of the video.

3. You most likely got hit by a skeleton or took splash damage from a cannonball for that sliver of health lost. No player weapon does that little of damage except a blunderbuss getting shot a mile away.

Conclusion, this doesn't demonstrate double gunning's return. He shot, reloaded, then shot again. At the very least this clip doesn't demonstrate its return.

• The last way to double gun is :

Equip weapon , Shoot, switch weapon, run, shoot. This combo takes 2 seconds wich is quick !
    The only difference with the previous combo is that you have to run right after switching weapon.
    That's actualy how this combo works nowaday

• But i think it's good that there is some "skilled" combo that makes the difference beetween 2 players.
    It would be a shame to nerf skilled gameplay elements like this.
    It gives you a feeling of step up in this game as more other elements you can improve (sword swinging by jumping while swinging, chest drop fast travel, etc..)

The only things that should be nerfed and wich is unbalanced are maccro.
    Some players are using maccro to execute some of theses skill improvement.

• @hephytelion написал в Double Gunning is STILL a THING??!!:

The last way to double gun is :

Equip weapon , Shoot, switch weapon, run, shoot. This combo takes 2 seconds wich is quick !
    The only difference with the previous combo is that you have to run right after switching weapon.
    That's actualy how this combo works nowaday

2 seconds its not QUICK its 2 second delay
    P.S. Video represented in topic - NOT Double Gun
    alt text

• @nefrit-od No, it takes 2 second to shoot twice, so it's quick enought ! even 1 second, it's like instant.

but the thing with this, it's that you can one burst one person, then you're helpless untill you've reloaded one of the weapon, so it also has down side

• This is not an example of double gunning. This is just an example of bad situational awareness.

Second shooter in the grass knoll.

• uuuh, yeah,, no.... Not double gunning. Ample time to reload and took fall damage on top of first shot.

• @crimsonraziel Thanks for the feedback, I'll edit the clip to remove Gamertags.

• That wasn’t double gunning at all, had plenty of time to reload.

• @simmonszore

You realize double gunning is instant right? Like bang- not even a second passes - bang - dead. Not bang - runs around. Ship for full 4 seconds as person reloads - bang - dead. This is just a vid of you getting wrecked in a totally normal way.

• @bkj-seven This isn't insider content. This is normal Sea of Thieves Gameplay.

• @simmonszore O ok. I thought I saw your gamer tag in white jumping around the screen like it does for insider. If I was mistaken, my apologies.

• @nabberwar Thank you for the feedback! The fort we were at was nonactive so their shouldn't be any type of npc mobs on or around the island. However, I will go back to my extended clip and double check, aswell as attempt to replicate the damage dealt to me to see how this was done. I will admit fault if I jumped the gun on this one without looking closer into it.

• @hephytelion I wasn't aware that this was a combo. I will have to try this but thank you for the information

• @simmonszore
    Look at it this way, the video shows you got damaged at 3 separate occasions. None of those shots damage add up correctly. Pistol would take half damage, its clear a sword wasn't used, and no other weapons besides potential splash cannonball damage could be that small damage you took for the second instance. The third makes perfect sense for a simple blunderbuss reload.

How I interpret the video, is guy shoots blunder knocking you off ladder (side note no other weapon could knock you off ladder besides sword and blunder). You fall off ladder, either taking slight fall damage or taking splash damage from cannon. Guy proceeds to load gun and fire for second time.

• @nabberwar I've taken feedback and will take a closer look at everything and update the post. My main focus before was the damage ticks and the soundfx of 2 weapons shots. From feedback, damage numbers doesn't add up and others claim there may have been another player offscreen... I will take another look but thankyou for sharing your point of view. I may have jumped the gun so I'll check myself and update the OP.

Views
bug
19 out of 21