Trading Company Cosmetics Suggestion

• Ahoy Mates!
    I've got this problem, I have to buy the Notorious Hoarder Shovel in order to complete the Trading Company exclusive cosmetic set:
    Notorious Hoarder Shovel

But I don't want to lose the Esteemed Hoarder Shovel:
    Esteemed Hoarder Shovel

I like the way it looks too much.

So what do I do about this dilemma?
    I don't know...

However while pondering this dilemma of mine I came up with a great idea!

• Why not give us the option to select which level of trading company equipment item we want to use!
      alttext
      alttext

So for example if you buy the Notorious Hoarder Shovel, you'll still be able to equip the Esteemed Hoarder Shovel.

This way you'd never have to loose any of the Trading Company exclusive cosmetics!
    alttext

How I think it should work is: press Y on any trading company cosmetics, from there you can select which level you want to equip.
    I've got a crewde representation of what that'd look like below:
    alttext

If this feature ever gets implemented it would fix my dilemma!

Anyways mates, what do ya think of this idea?
    Let me know, until then see ya on the seas!
    alttext

Views
  • I actually really like this idea.

• @vincent-xiii hey, thanks mate!

• That would be pretty awesome! Good idea bro!

• @ninja-naranja thanks mate!
    It would also help those pirates who like to disguise themselves as new players.

• @Sgt-Palooggoo one of the very few post on this forum that actually makes sense and gives improvement to the game that doesn't involve complaints about about PC Vs Xbox or PvE Vs PvP. Good on you man! I hope the Devs see this, I think it's an amazing idea!

• @sgt-palooggoo Love the idea and the guy roasting a chest at the end was a nice touch

• Love it, really a feature that should have been there at the start, a game all about cosmetics should have tons of options

• @darthmaxor1991 said in Trading Company Cosmetics Suggestion:

@Sgt-Palooggoo one of the very few post on this forum that actually makes sense and gives improvement to the game that doesn't involve complaints about about PC Vs Xbox or PvE Vs PvP. Good on you man! I hope the Devs see this, I think it's an amazing idea!

Thank ya mate, I try to make my posts as constructive as possible.
    And I usually stay a away from minefields such as the pc vs xbox debate.

@cstrap said in Trading Company Cosmetics Suggestion:

@sgt-palooggoo Love the idea and the guy roasting a chest at the end was a nice touch

Hehehe aye, who needs keys when ya got fire? 🔥

@capt-niteshade said in Trading Company Cosmetics Suggestion:

Love it, really a feature that should have been there at the start, a game all about cosmetics should have tons of options

Aye, couldn't agree more.

• @sgt-palooggoo it's ok mate

• I'm fairly certain I suggested this MONTHS ago, and got no replies from anyone, including the devs. Of course, I didn't write it up so nicely with such pretty pictures either, so there is that. Maybe they'll listen this time around? Upvoted, because apparently, they listen to those.

• Little tip, if ya want to get a thread popular @galactic-geek, use alot of pictures!
    People love those!
    alt text

• I like this idea. More cosmetic options is always good, and the button to select style within the menu would keep it from getting cluttered.

• @sgt-palooggoo Why the hell is there a key hole on the compass? Are we just going to pretend that everyone already knew about this?

• @truthfullist56
    Aye, that is interesting.
    Why does it have a key hole?
    Does it have a key?
    And if it has a key what happens if it's opened?

I have nothing but questions.

• tis a good idea, me heartie, but there be bigger fish in the sea. but, maybe one day we will see our old forsaken property.

• @marsmayflower
    Aye, I also would rather them work on bigger things as well.

• Completely agree, I have been PL since April 18th last year... and I still haven’t upgraded most of them because I know I cannot go back to that skin if I do. Would be great if there was a way to select the item in the box then and/or a buttom to have a little selection window pop up with Roman numerals to choose which of the versions you unlocked correlating with the level they first became available

• @wesley-sanguin
    Aye, that's the reason why I haven't upgrade my Gold Hoarder Shovel.
    Hopefully this gets implemented at some point in the future.

Views
16 out of 19