Row boat Issues

• Just picked up SoT again after seeing some Forsaken Shores gameplay. Loving it so far, but my only issue is that my ship sank but thankfully all my loot was in my rowboat and wasnt lost. So I docked at an island and went back to my ship...

When I got back to the island I had docked my row boat at it was gone and so was all the loot I'd spent 2 hours finding. So my question is, is this a normal function or did my row boat glitch out?

Views
  • Ahoy there @sonofodin56 !

The rowboat isn't linked to you as far as I know. I've had it despawn when all of my crew died, we came back to just floating loot in the water. So either it sank due to damage, another crew picked up your loot or it simply despawned because you weren't close to it anymore.

It was also a surprise to us when the rowboat was just gone, something that shouldn't happen in my opinion. Especially not when there's actually loot on it. Hopefully it's something that will change, until that time it's probably best to row your boat to an outpost before returning to your ship.

Signed,

Captain FishSt1ck

• I left a rowboat with loot on at an island the other day, after my ship had sunk. Then went to sail my ship back, which took quite a while. But it was still there.
    So I'm thinking it got damaged, if you were in Devil's Roar. Or more likely, someone found it and took it.

• I have also had an issue with a rowboat. I was returning fra an Ashens Voyage with about 4 hours worth of loot stacked in the rowboat. Now as I entré my ship the rowboat was there. I started to sail towards Morrows Peak but half way there the boat disappeared? Just vanished from the back of the ship?? I was sailing through rough seas and thougt it had detached itself. So I backtracked but no trace of either boat or loot floating... what a waste 😔

• @rhammer This seems to happen when you get the message of the you are getting merged to another server that is populated. Unfortunately it usually gets rid of the rowboat.

• @sonofodin56 Rowboats appears to despawn around 15 min if your ship is too far and nobody is at the rowboat.

What you can do is try to "park" it as close to the beach as possible and make sure it won't slide further in the water if you need to ditch it and you have loot in it.

When/if the rowboat despawns, the loot should fall down on the ground in shallow enough water so that it won't dissapear.

• Still having this in 2021 however, all of these replies seem to be false I had a stacked rowboat full of Athena items we where being in chased so I undock the rowboat and start rowing to a outpost, 30 seconds later ALL of the loot gone completely vanished infront of my eyes... an hour or two later we pass the location I left the rowboat and I thought I’d re check because you never know.. and guess what every single item was back? Literally right now I stole all a reaper 5’s stacked loot I park the rowboat up and come back 5 minutes later with my ship and now just half the loot is gone of course just the good item. And no other ship came as where I left it was in sight the entire time.. this needs to be fixed. Omg as soon as I’m about to post this my team mate noticed all of it had respawn, moral of the story if this happens be patient

• As this thread was 2 years old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
4 out of 8