Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5

• RELEASE NOTES - 1.4.5

Ahoy, pirates!

Come and join us as we celebrate Sea of Thieves' first anniversary with a treasure trove of gifts for you all! While the full-sized Anniversary Update is coming a little further down the line, today's build brings some special time-limited items to mark one year since launch. Whether you've been sailing with us since day one or since yesterday, there's something special here to help you enjoy the festivities.

This build isn't just full of celebratory goodies, though: there's a brand new set of Mercenary Voyages for the competitive and the adventurous alike, with some swish new rewards for their completion.

You're also getting a whole bundle of other updates to enjoy including a newly populated Skeleton Fort, Xbox mouse and keyboard support, Xbox Chatpad support, new cosmetics available to grab with your gold and much more besides!

alt text

MERCENARY VOYAGES

• Reaper's Run of Shipwreck Bay – Duke offers another treacherous Reaper's Run Voyage costing 5 Doubloons to challenge daring pirates. Any crew willing to accept this challenge must brave the waters surrounding Shipwreck Bay. With multiple crews all heading to the same location, prepare to do battle!

• Reaper's Mark Challenge – Looking for more of a challenge? Equip your Reaper's Mark flag before you set sail to warn rival crews of your presence. Pirates who complete the Reaper's Run of Shipwreck Bay with their Reaper's Mark raised high will unlock progress towards a Legendary Commendation (Legendary Reaper of Shipwreck Bay) and the title of The Shipwreck Reaper. Only for the most fearsome pirates!

alt text

• Mercenary Voyages of The Devil's Roar and Shores of Plenty – Visit Duke to also find two new regional Mercenary Voyages on offer. Both voyages cost 5 Doubloons and direct pirates to a specific region of the sea to complete. Additionally, The Devil's Roar voyage offers significantly greater rewards!

• The Gilded Mercenary Voyage of Legends – Pirate Legends should visit Duke to find the return of a popular voyage – the notorious 'Gilded Athena'. This voyage can only be taken once, so make it count, Legends!

• Shipwreck Reaper Sails, Mercenary Eye of Reach and Blunderbuss – Visit Duke for his next set of time-limited cosmetics! Completing the Legendary Reaper's Run of Shipwreck Bay unlocks the dreaded Shipwreck Reaper Sails, completing the Mercenary Voyage of The Devil's Roar unlocks the Mercenary Blunderbuss and completing the Mercenary Voyage of the Shores of Plenty unlocks the Mercenary Eye of Reach.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

• Year One Celebration Shop Items – To celebrate our first year, all players can purchase two exclusive cosmetics for a limited time. Pick up the Golden Sailor's Hat and Golden Sailor's Cannon for only 320 gold each from their respective Outpost shops. Get them before they're gone!

• Year One Player Reward – Thank you to everyone who joined us on our first year on the seas! To celebrate, all eligible players will have Captain Bones' Original Pirate Cutlass added to their armoury. Wield it with pride!

• Year One Pirate Legend Rewards – Congratulations to everyone who reached Pirate Legend in our first year on the seas! As a reward for this mighty effort, all Legends will be gifted a range of items: the Golden Legendary Tankard, Golden Legendary Hurdy-Gurdy, Golden Legendary Blunderbuss, Golden Legendary Sails, Golden Legendary Hull and Golden Legendary Figurehead!

Players who reached Pirate Legend before March should have access to their rewards on March 20th. For our newer Legends, we expect all rewards to be granted and available for players to use by March 25th.

alt text

COMBAT BALANCING IMPROVEMENTS

• Wielding Weapons – The forced firing delay has been removed when wielding a gun after sprinting or undocking, allowing players to fire sooner. The forced firing delay when switching weapons still remains to prevent fast switching and firing between guns.

• Sword Switching – Players are now able to switch weapons/items at any point during a light sword attack. Players are still prevented from switching during a heavy sword attack.

UPDATES

• Molten Sands Fortress – Molten Sands Fortress is now active! Face off against skeleton waves while dodging volcanic rocks and luring them onto geysers before raiding the vault for Ashen Rewards!

• Mercenary Cosmetics Bundle – The previously exclusive Mercenary cosmetic bundle is now available for purchase at Outposts across the world. Head to The Wilds, The Ancient Isles, The Shores of Plenty or The Devil's Roar to purchase the Mercenary clothing, equipment, Pistol and Cutlass from their respective Outpost stores.

• Xbox Mouse and Keyboard Support – Players on Xbox can now take full advantage of mouse and keyboard support on their favourite console!

• Xbox Chatpad Support – Players on Xbox can now use a Microsoft Chatpad to engage in text chat with other players. Press 'T' (Default) to initiate chat or rebind from your Settings menu.

• New Player Onboarding Improvements – The final onboarding pop-up informing players where to purchase their first voyage now persists on-screen until the onboarding is complete.

• Inactive Player Detection – Improved detection and disconnection of inactive players wherever they are in the world.

• Construction In Progress – Work appears to have begun around the Arches rock formation. What could they be building?

PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

• Voice chat should now be much more reliable when many players are speaking at the same time.

• Resolved a number of game stability issues.

We are constantly reviewing the performance and stability of each patch and providing performance optimisations and stability improvements.

FIXED ISSUES

Gameplay

• Resolved an issue preventing players from switching to an item/weapon after hitting an object with a sword swing.

• Players can emote while vomiting, and no longer see a stream of vomit coming from their head.

• Sound and Visual

• Resolved eyepiece clipping issues in some Eye of Reach scopes.

• Resolved missing geometry on Sovereign Figureheads.

• Resolved stretched texture on Majestic Sovereign Trousers.

UI

• Prevented fog from changing the colour of UI banners.

Environment

• Resolved issue preventing Fort skeletons from correctly spawning in Lost Gold Fort.

• Resolved issue where players could get stuck between trees on Roaring Sands.

• Resolved issue where players could get stuck in missing geometry on Smugglers' Bay.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Extended Black Screen on Loading - There is a chance that players may be held indefinitely on the black loading screen (with spinner) when returning from the Ferry.

We are continuing to investigate this issue, but we have also identified a potential workaround if you are affected by this and in a crew. If you find yourself indefinitely stuck on the black loading screen, have your crew select your gamertag from the My Crew menu and 'Vote to Lock in the Brig'. After arriving in the brig you can then be released to bypass the black screen issue.

• Item Quick Switch (PC Only) – After undocking from a ship based interactive item you will be unable to tap the quest radial or item radial to return to the previously wielded item.

• Mercenary Voyage Cargo Run – The Mercenary Voyage of the Shores of Plenty Cargo Run provides players with Devil’s Roar Cargo to deliver. The Voyage still directs players on a journey through the Shores of Plenty however the cargo is more vulnerable (and more rewarding) than intended.

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION

Download size:

Xbox One: 3.4GB
    Xbox One X: 5.1GB
    Windows 10: 5.1GB

XBOX INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE.
    PC INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE.

DISCUSSION

You can leave your feedback on the game in general here.

LOOKING FOR CREW?

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • https://media.giphy.com/media/3KC2jD2QcBOSc/giphy.gif

Happy Birthday Sea of Thieves!!! 🥳

• A very nice and small update to celebrate the one year anniversary. Looking forward to the trailer!

• Mind blown again... nice!

https://media.giphy.com/media/26ufdipQqU2lhNA4g/giphy.gif

• @muse986 Anniversary items cost 320 and not 365. LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE!!

EDIT: Ahem... it has been brought to my attention that the significance of 320 is the date... I am stupid...

• Ceeeeeeleeebrations Comeone!!!!!! Whoooo, Awesome little update cannot wait to wield the new gifts. I feel Spoiled thank you!

Cheers,
    Tango

• Thank you so much =)

• Since when did you have to play for that new cutlass ?

• Huzzah. no more ferry joggers. :D

• Happy birthday pirates!

• HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY, MATEYS!

I raise my tankard, carved out of a skull, in cheers to Rare, in cheers to my fellow sea dogs out there on the Sea of Thieves, and in cheers to my villainous crew and ship, The Wailing Banshee!

/Gloombeard
    Agitated Skeleton in disguise and Captain of The Wailing Banshee.

Congratulations to all Year One legends out there, looking forward to seeing those swords held aloft!
    alt text

• is the game playable right now

• Happy Birthday!

• @xcalypt0x said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

@muse986 Anniversary items cost 320 and not 365. LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE!!

it's the date! 03 20 Mar 20! It's still okay. lets play!

• Please respond. Will i get pirate legend rewards if i own the pirate legend achievement but deleted my character? Ive done that 2 times and it would be really unfair if i dont get any rewards for that.

• no patch for the sword range? right now the Cutlass can hit objects twice it's length away. also it can attack through docks and the deck of a boat when will this get patched?

• Anyone else notice the ships are pointing at Shark Bait Cove instead of Shipwreck Bay... I know this bc to the east is Thieves Haven and to the north east is Plunder outpost then crooks hollow. Prove me wrong

• Happy first anniversary!

• @wo0dox said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

@xcalypt0x said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

it's the date! 03 20 Mar 20! It's still okay. lets play!

Oh good point! Now I can log in tonight xD

• Ahoy! Happy Birthday !!
    I do not see the patch notes of the arena? Is not this mode in this update? Those who have not reached legendary this day have opportunity until the 22nd?

• @xcalypt0x it's because the game was released on March 20th, which is 3/20 in the American dating system.

• @xcalypt0x said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

I'm guessing it's today's date?

• At what time is the announcement for the mega update?

• So no care for all of those whom farmed Athena 10 before the 1 year? K.

• Haven't logged in to see the legend items yet, but the quantity is more than expected. Thank you Rare.

• its...enjoy time!

• Happy Anniversary! Woohoo! What fun release notes to celebrate today with. Can't wait to have a go of the Shipwreck Bay Reaper's Run!

• @salvatore-prime My understanding is that players who achieved Pirate Legend after March 1st will have to wait until the 22nd. If you achieve(d) Pirate Legend after the 19th, you will not be eligible for the year one PL rewards.

• Happy Birthday Day SoT

• @malrov62 The big announcement is coming later today.

• Can't wait to hunt all the pirate legends doing their gilded athena's!!!!

• @nick20028 Hey nice catch!!

• Time to celebrate! Happy 1 year! Looking forward to many more! Thanks for the fun game!

• @ruskind any idea at what time?

Views
15 out of 366