Music Suggestion/Offer

• Dear Sea of Thieves development crew.
    I've loved your game from the start. That said, having played for so long, I'd really love to be able to play more music.
    Could you add more songs? I'd happily write a shanty for you. Or make an adaptation of an existing one! I just listened to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHvqBVby_io and danced along, just imagining how AWESOME this would be on sea of thieves with the instruments. =D
    I'm a little scared to tag mods on this post, but I still hope they see it. I realise you've got other content you're working on, but its the small adds like this that make me feel appreciated as a member of the Sea of Thieves community, and to be honest, the mechanic of being able to play music with your crew and others was a nice touch that just made the game so much more fun.
    Also... I noticed the banjo in the Pirate Legend cave... When are we gunnu be able to play that ourselves, huh? It's clearly already IN the game xD

Anyways, Thanks for reading/listening ^-^

Views
  • I think your best bet is, create and just place on the forums, people will be able to give feedback and try push it forward. Personally i do agree with you, what drew me into this game was the music, how the instruments all interact insanely well with each other. Giving some more variation of songs would make sense. Same as i do also think they need to add more dances, and voice animations ingame for the characters. I noticed a female character sounding similar to a man which could be nice to just add small touches to the sound files like they have with other things such as cannoning hitting objects

• They do want to add more shanties and writing and creating them isn’t the problem. There’s a technical problem they have to overcome before they can add more, I can’t remember what it is, but that’s the reason we currently haven’t got anymore. :)

• @knifelife said in Music Suggestion/Offer:

They do want to add more shanties and writing and creating them isn’t the problem. There’s a technical problem they have to overcome before they can add more, I can’t remember what it is, but that’s the reason we currently haven’t got anymore. :)

It's a memory issue :)

• @Skulliah Somebody mentioned that to me... but I feel like a memory issue is kinda irrelevant if you already have a banjo IN the game, sound and all, and we still cant play it ourselves. lol

• @commander-roo-7 said in Music Suggestion/Offer:

@Skulliah Somebody mentioned that to me... but I feel like a memory issue is kinda irrelevant if you already have a banjo IN the game, sound and all, and we still cant play it ourselves. lol

That banjo only plays the one tune.

My guess is that if you add a banjo for players, harmony and lead arrangements would need to be added for every shanty, new and old. The memory issue arises from adding these new audio files, I suspect.

@Skulliah Somebody mentioned that to me... but I feel like a memory issue is kinda irrelevant if you already have a banjo IN the game, sound and all, and we still cant play it ourselves. lol

I believe it's way more complicate than adding an audio file. I found back what a dev said once on reddit about this memory issue and adding more shanties:

There's also a bunch of technical considerations we need to take into account, the big one being our memory budget. Every time we add something like a shanty it's stored in memory and is something we need to be wary of as there is a finite amount. I know we do a lot of video diaries but this kind of decision making process isn't always obvious yet is something we have to take very seriously.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/8p2d63/merricks_shanty_staying_in_game_rare_confirms_on/e08a9qj/

• @skulliah said in Music Suggestion/Offer:

@commander-roo-7 said in Music Suggestion/Offer:

I believe it's way more complicate than adding an audio file. I found back what a dev said once on reddit about this memory issue and adding more shanties:

There's also a bunch of technical considerations we need to take into account, the big one being our memory budget. Every time we add something like a shanty it's stored in memory and is something we need to be wary of as there is a finite amount. I know we do a lot of video diaries but this kind of decision making process isn't always obvious yet is something we have to take very seriously.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/8p2d63/merricks_shanty_staying_in_game_rare_confirms_on/e08a9qj/

That would explain a few things. I knew that was the reason we haven't seen the kraken body. Just kinda hoped a song was less taxing.

...all that said, a memory budget? Its publisher (or whatever the technical term is) is Microsoft. -Microsoft-. lol. I kinda feel like they can spare a few bucks towards the memory problem.

@skulliah said in Music Suggestion/Offer:

@commander-roo-7 said in Music Suggestion/Offer:

That would explain a few things. I knew that was the reason we haven't seen the kraken body. Just kinda hoped a song was less taxing.

...all that said, a memory budget? Its publisher (or whatever the technical term is) is Microsoft. -Microsoft-. lol. I kinda feel like they can spare a few bucks towards the memory problem.

I don't think it's a budget issue as in a financial aspect but more a limitation of consoles memory or something related ;)

Views
4 out of 9