[Mega Thread] Hunter's Call Feedback

• The Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update has officially released! With the wealth of updates the update has brought to the game, we know that you all have plenty you want to discuss with each other and feedback to us.

This thread has been set up so you can do just that for fishing, cooking and everything else related to the Hunter's Call.

You can also refresh your memory on everything else the Anniversay Update adds to Sea of Thieves by checking out the latest Release Notes.

As you participate in this thread -

Keep to the Pirate Code
    As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.

We also have Forum Rules, which we moderate to.

This thread is for feature discussion and feedback only. If you're looking for help with anything then head over to the following threads.

Looking for Fishing/The Hunters Call Hints and Tips? Look no further!

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • Maybe add a color to Hunter's Call location turn-ins on the map? Actually chance color up for Outposts and such. Spend more time looking at map trying to figure out where I'm going than we need to.

• This is the grindiest trading company in terms of Reputation. It takes forever to rank up; anyone who uses this as one of the three companies to get to Pirate Legend is going to be in for a tough time.

I barely made it to level 2 after handing in a trophy splashtail, 2 regular splashtails, 3 pieces of megalodon meat, an islehopper, 1 pork, and 1 snake; all perfectly cooked. In the same amount of time, I could have hit 5+ in any of the other companies just by handing in random stuff I found.

• per usual sea of theives, getting this faction up will be a grind.

my current feedback is around the mechanics itself.
    I dont mind that the fish struggles so much so you have to keep moving your rod accordingly, but why in the davvy jones 7 depths of marianas trenches all holy poseidon aquaman loving cold embrace can we not reel the fish in while its moving around?

Change it so we can reel in constantly while fighting, the fish, you know kind of how actual fishing works, and we would be golden.

The cooking part could use a slight tutorial, i know its trial and error right now im still working on when something is done and when its raw still. ill get there. otherwise its an awesome and welcome addition to the game, but would liek to be able to actually reel in the fish while fighting and cut the time in half that it currently takes. As of now you cant throw your pole in while sailinig between island as you dont have time to finish reeling in a fish sometimes before you come up on the island

• The only issues that I have experienced are that when you fish, if the line is cut off by a dock, rock, boat, etc, then if you fight the fish, you will get it really close then it cuts the line and you lose the fish. I guess you can just think smarter but it gets bad when you get a trophy fish, almost get it, and it snaps off. The other issue I have is with the reputation, it is unbelievably hard to get rep while fishing. I can only understand if you did this by making max rep to something like 15 on fishing, but if it is rep 50, then I believe that the fishing rep should increase.

• I see on the commendation tab you can buy for your ship the killer whale liveries, like the original ship of Merrick, but, where do you have to buy it?

I checked to Merrick in the seapost but he doesn't sell it nor on the shipwreck on the outpost. I am missing something?

• @hruodbhertsasha thats what I'm wondering myself, where do you get missions that pertain to buying those parts of the ship , maybe they aren't mission related at all...

• @vapor1080 I'm sure the ship parts are locked behind some commendation of The hunter call. But, no idea where the vendor with the ship part is locked.

Or we have to assume the parts will auto-obtained after commendation is unlocked?

• @vapor1080 @HruodbhertSasha

Ahoy maties!

Once you reach Level 20 in The Hunters Call, they will start offering you the ship parts to purchase as you progress.

• @musicmee Thank you

• @musicmee said in [Mega Thread] Hunter's Call Feedback:

@vapor1080 @HruodbhertSasha

Ahoy maties!

Once you reach Level 20 in The Hunters Call, they will start offering you the ship parts to purchase as you progress.

Ahhhhh B - e - a - utiful :)

• Played arena yesterday. We killed some sharks and I had the bright idea to pick up their meat to cook it on the ship. Got into a situation where I needed to heal before I got to put the meat away. The inventory kept giving me the shark meat although I had coconuts as well.
    Ended up eating the meat just to get rid of it. The way the inventory handles food is really poor and needs a rework. Always getting the last item you picked up is not a good idea.

My suggestion is a second food stack for raw items and fish and a context menu for the stove to bring those up. Also there should be a better way to quickly get the food item you need in a clutch situation, even when scrolling through the items with a short cut it gets annoying because after you ate one thing it defaults back to the last item you picked up. If you skip an item it should be at the end of the list, at least.

• @skirakzalus a dit dans [Mega Thread] Hunter's Call Feedback :

Played arena yesterday. We killed some sharks and I had the bright idea to pick up their meat to cook it on the ship. Got into a situation where I needed to heal before I got to put the meat away. The inventory kept giving me the shark meat although I had coconuts as well.
    Ended up eating the meat just to get rid of it. The way the inventory handles food is really poor and needs a rework. Always getting the last item you picked up is not a good idea.

My suggestion is a second food stack for raw items and fish and a context menu for the stove to bring those up. Also there should be a better way to quickly get the food item you need in a clutch situation, even when scrolling through the items with a short cut it gets annoying because after you ate one thing it defaults back to the last item you picked up. If you skip an item it should be at the end of the list, at least.

I talked about this issue in the last Insider Feedback Thread. As the devs don't communicate on feedback, I don't know if they are aware or if they even plan to improve this in the near future.

I was hoping to read more complaints like yours on the official forums but I must say this isn't the case just yet. Maybe once people starts going back to doing voyages and Athena's...

• @anemion While I wouldn't recommend commenting about anything that happens on the insider forum I feel pretty much the same about the overall situation.

But we have to be aware that the update has only been out for a few days and there is a lot of stuff to discover. I think there is a grace period before you really start noticing some of the issues, like with the advanced ship damage in pve. As you said once people go back to the usual activities it may become clearer.

• After doing a lot more fishing to unlock the rods I want I find that bait really is hindering the progress. I don't like how bait has been made into a resource as other resources are far more important to the gameplay.
    In addition to that there are usually enough of the other resources to get around and every item helps. There are no useless boards, cannonballs and even every food item will help you stay alive (unless it's raw or burnt meat), but if you are trying to catch a certain fish or are in a specific area it's possible that one or even two out of three types may be completely useless to you.And with the current spawn rate in barrels it's hard to find enough bait to go on a longer fishing trip.
    Also it's annoying to have to look up the bait needed for each fish on the menu. For all the efforts to not have a UI for fishing this seems pretty clunky.

So my suggestion is to either introduce buckets that have an infinite amount of bait in them and can be found on the ship and on docks, introduce blinkers that can be switched out and don't get consumed by the fish instead of bait, or find a more elegant way to not need bait or blinkers or anything like that at all. Maybe use splashtails as a bait after catching them.

After all I think fishing would be more fun as a straight forwardside activity without the need to gather resources and go through the menu for information.

• I've been having problems with sea of theives when fishing for Instance I was trying to catch a storm fish than it just disappeared I don't know if it's a bug or just my game but please check it out just in case it is a bug

• With the recent update items in the shops have been rearragend. Great to have sub-categories, but where did the huntress figure head go?

• The rewards are WAY too low, and so is the reputation gain.

• @takuboto

We need the ability to buy bait at the sea ports. I feel that 100 coins for 10 bait would be fair. You could even have each sea port sell a particular type of bait depending on what type of fish are in that area.

We also need missions or some way to get more reputation. If you gave us the ability to donate fish to get more reputation, I would be happy. Essentially, we would get no money for the fish but 10 times the reputation. I guarantee many people would rather have the reputation.

• @shuoink said in [Mega Thread] Hunter's Call Feedback:

I dont mind that the fish struggles so much so you have to keep moving your rod accordingly, but why in the davvy jones 7 depths of marianas trenches all holy poseidon aquaman loving cold embrace can we not reel the fish in while its moving around?

Change it so we can reel in constantly while fighting, the fish, you know kind of how actual fishing works, and we would be golden.

You can reel in while the fish is fighting. It's not terribly noticable but for example when you got the fish close and it starts fighting just when you think it's over, you can start reeling (carefully obviously) and complete the catch before it starts resting again. I imagine if you do this throughout the entire fight you can save a few seconds on overall time to catch.

• @hruodbhertsasha said in [Mega Thread] Hunter's Call Feedback:

I see on the commendation tab you can buy for your ship the killer whale liveries, like the original ship of Merrick, but, where do you have to buy it?

I checked to Merrick in the seapost but he doesn't sell it nor on the shipwreck on the outpost. I am missing something?

You have to raise your hunters call reputation and buy the promotion. Level 20 you get the flag and level 25 you get the ships hull

• I am wondering, does a Higher Rank in Hunters Call gives me a Higher Chance for Better Fish?
    it's like that with the Other Trading Companys, it would make sense

• Real question is that shroud ghost meg fake or is it a real thing I've along with a lot of other people have not seen it at this point to us it's fake????

• @takuboto
    This faction in of itself does not have enough content. Where is the stronghold item for this faction? Is there ever going to be something else other than fish? I understand you can sell other stuff like kraken meat and megalodan meat. Killing these aren’t new, just the fact that you can cook them is new. That really isn’t content...

Give us something with the hunters call that we can actually hunt besides the current in game animals. If you’re so against whaling, let us harpoon sharks or just giant fish.

Add more land animals or something. The current way this faction stands is lacking in content.

GIVE US QUEST LINES! How did you not include this. I was so disappointed when I went to a sea post day one of Anniversary to pick up a hunters call quest and there was nothing there. Huge opportunity here, seriously...This would greatly improve the hunters call and make it feel like an actual faction like the others.

• Hi there,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I first started playing last night and noticed one thing that confused me.

After I received my official story quest and set sail, I couldn't pull up my map. It pulls up the book, as you know. And the map is located downstairs.

That's all fine obviously. But I'm pretty sure it was never communicated to me. So I was confused for a bit until I figured it out. Because one minute you have a map seemingly, and the next minute your map is no longer accessible on your person.

• Hi !
    I've just got a wondeful idea !

As this thread is about Hunter's Call, I'm going to talk about the harpoons.

Why couldn't we walk on the harpoon's rope ?

This small thing would add so much more intteractions to the game !

This walk would require a lot of skilk as you would need to walk in a straigjt line like a high-wire walker.

Plus, this mechanic isn't too much op because you can "cut" the rope of the harpoon with your sword orbid you hit the harpoon with any weapon (cannon balls included).

One exxemple of using this new mechanic would be to harpoon a meg and to put an explosive barrel on it to create the Meg A Keg.

It could also be used to climb to high points.

The only think we need to take care is that the harpoon rope would not be able to reach skelltons thrones (it must not replace the cannons).
    So there will be a certain angle limit over which we could't walk on the rope.

Thank yoy for reading me !

I really hope the Devs will add this feature in the future !

• I think you should be able to remove a harpoon on your ship if you slash it with your sword or shoot it with a gun. Once you cut the line that harpoon cant be used for a minute or until it has been repaired.

It happened often that a galleon or brigantine harpooned my sloop while I was running away. If it wasn't for that harpoon I would have been able to outmaneuver them easily. A sloop turns quicker and sails faster against the wind. I wish I could have cut or shot the line to break it off. Even in galleon vs galleon moments I had moments I wish I could have done that.

I love using the harpoon, but there is no counter for it making it a bit too overpowered. Using the harpoon properly takes skill, but removing the harpoon stuck to your ship will also take skill. So the most skilled pirates still win.

• Hello! I'm Achromate (i can't see/distinguish the similar colors). My previous posts for this problem:
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/60129/achromate-graphical-feature-help-contrast
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/75265/a-thing-about-next-update
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/90711/continue-to-not-help-who-have-vision-problems

I've a request, if it possible, so helpful for who have problems similare to me:
    The Fishing: i've so problem to distinguish what kind of fish i've found and the type of that fish.
    For example the Devl's Fish, i can't distinguish them (or not all).
    I can distinguish if a fish have a light color or dark color. Not so much more.
    The unique fish is the ponds, that i can see "good", because i can find ONLY them in a pond, and i can fish into
    the water and i can distinguish their body drows.
    For all other fish i have so many problems. I always need to fish near someone that have to said me if
    the fish is correct.
    Then if i also finish a type of a fish, sometimes at the end i uses half of lures for fish that i have just ended.

So why could not you add something that indicate which fish is and the color?
    For who have "Normal eyes" it's not change anything, because they see the colors and they have not
    problems to choose if the fish is the wanted or not.

For other animals, when i have the cage i can see the name sating above or behind them, why not for fish?
    This is the same thing :(
    Is not an advantage, but a simple feature the simple permit to play fish like other players.

Thank to all that consider me :)

• hello here I come to finish the 57 promotion of fishing may I do not unlock the trophy have you a solution to my problem

Publicaciones
Visitas
4 de 29