Question about masts.

• I have been noticing something weird about masts. Chainshots' hitbox is triple that of a regular cannon ball, horizontally. However, there have been many times that a cannon ball passes close to MY mast and it takes damage, or a chainshot touches my sails and they take damage. However, I can't seem to replicate this with enemy ships. That is, enemies can do it to me, but I never seem to be able to do it to them. Either I touch their mast, or I miss, period. Is it a hidden mechanic, is it hitreg, or what?

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    questionwindows 10
  • welcome to sea of thieves combat lol

outside of people cheating all of us are just subjected to the randomness of game performance

sometimes it makes sense and sometimes it doesn't

• It is the hit registration making errors.

• Ah. I see. Thanks for answering.

• Yeah, the chainshot has a larger interaction hitbox on masts that its deletion hitbox as well. This means that if lined up correctly you can take down multiple masts with a single chainshot, where it "pierces" through.

Very fair and balanced.

• @nero101x said in Question about masts.:

Yeah, the chainshot has a larger interaction hitbox on masts that its deletion hitbox as well. This means that if lined up correctly you can take down multiple masts with a single chainshot, where it "pierces" through.

Very fair and balanced.

Wait, what?

Publicaciones
Visitas
questionwindows 10
5 de 6