Option to replace Gamertags missing (Xbox Series X)

• Hey there,

I just cant find this option. Neither on the HUD, nor the Gameplay options... Is this simply missing on Series X? Or are there any other requirements?

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • Isn’t it a setting within the Xbox console rather than those of SoT? Something in the privacy settings.

• @niknok09 It should be under the Nameplates section in HUD.

• @pumpa-cat said in Option to replace Gamertags missing (Xbox Series X):

Isn’t it a setting within the Xbox console rather than those of SoT? Something in the privacy settings.

Oh that might be. I couldn't find anything in SoT's settings. I will try that, thanks!

• @niknok09 said in Option to replace Gamertags missing (Xbox Series X):

@pumpa-cat said in Option to replace Gamertags missing (Xbox Series X):

Isn’t it a setting within the Xbox console rather than those of SoT? Something in the privacy settings.

Oh that might be. I couldn't find anything in SoT's settings. I will try that, thanks!

I know I had to change an Xbox setting to be able to see other people’s creations in other games, such as Ark. I also had to ensure the setting was enabled to see other player’s ship names in SoT. I can’t remember what particular setting it was, but in the privacy settings on the console there are the Child, Teenager and Adult presets. But you can also customise them, and it was in the customisation I found it. It’s to do with privacy and the ability to see other player’s creations.

• Strange, I couldn't find it in the privacy settings either... Just to be clear, I'm talking about the option to replace gamertags for streaming and recording purposes, so that I can protect my crew & other players from having their gamertags shared through any videos I release.

Edit: So right now, I see all the player / ship names. Maybe something went wrong and this option vanished, or it was never there. And since most people probably stream from a PC, this issue is a bit overlooked.

• @niknok09 said in Option to replace Gamertags missing (Xbox Series X):

Strange, I couldn't find it in the privacy settings either... Just to be clear, I'm talking about the option to replace gamertags for streaming and recording purposes, so that I can protect my crew & other players from having their gamertags shared through any videos I release.

Oh. I apologise. I misunderstood what you were asking.

• Ok it is solved: For some reason, maybe because it was originally named “Replace Nametags” or something like that, I didn’t think to try out the options to “Hide” the player or ship names.

I thought these options would just remove them from the UI, but they indeed replace the names with fictional ones. Maybe Rare should write “Replace” instead of “Hide”, because I never considered these options because of that.

Publicaciones
Visitas
7 de 8