I got sunk by a 4-man alliance in a solo sloop battle.

• I was on a win streak, should I be salty or is that just part of the game?

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • Think of this

If you were normally sailing come across the sea. Come across a lonely sloop and you two do battle. Not realizing they are part of an alliance.
    Midway into the battle a galleon shows up, the sloops ally. They sink you
    Is that not part of the game or salt?

Your pvp on demand. You found a sloop who also wanted to do battle, but they waited for you to appear with a fleet. Ambush. If it be Athena or reaper. It a war tactic

• @burnbacon But I was not sailing around normally I was matchmaking with what should have been a fellow solo sloop not a 4-man alliance.
    So, if I want to gain allegiance fast, I should have a fleet waiting for the enemy to spawn in.
    It's just cheesy.

• This would only make sense and be ok if the ELO system is properly implemented by developers into this game. So 4v1 in a matchmaking mode should result in absolutely minimal gains for the 4 man alliance if they win and a massive ranking loss if they lose. Same for OP who was matched vs 4. If he wins, this should give him massive amounts of ELO where as if he lost, he should barely get affected by it and participation should be rewarded a lot more than for a regular fight...But this is if the system is properly implemented, given the buggy state of the game, my money is on that it is not properly implemented, resulting in cheesy unsportsmanlike gains...You can obviously argue with some weird examples that work somehow in SOT, but in reality logic is king. ELO works great only if the game has proper set of rules and exploits are not permitted. Otherwise, people would carry extra Queens in their pockets for a game of chess to become grandmasters

• @cpt-skinnyp said in I got sunk by a 4-man alliance in a solo sloop battle.:

I was on a win streak, should I be salty or is that just part of the game?

Both.

• That's rough, buddy.

That being said, it's part of the game.

I'm bad at PvP and came up against two crews last night while doing an incursion.

Still got the the win.

• @cpt-skinnyp According to me this is not a part of the game beacause when you want to use the matchmaking for fight you want a fair fight, people who want use the pvp on demand to battle in alliance vs solo sloop ruin the game.

Part of the game or not, you're better off treating it that way. Getting salty about it will accomplish nothing except raising your blood pressure.

Why not both?

Just had basically the same thing happen to me.

I'm salty, but it's part of the game.

Also, as a solo slooper myself, we should both be VERY used to this kind of thing.

Basically our existence summed up in a nutshell.

Personally i found it funny, and annoying in equal measure. Funny because it was reapers i was fighting against, you'd think this kind of thing would be more Athena's style, annoying cause i wanted some 1v1 PvP and didn't get it.

Not only didn't i get it though, i'm now down 20k, 30 minutes of my time, and i'm pretty sure i saw my dignity and self respect follow my sloop to the briny depths. :P

Publicaciones
Visitas
5 de 9