Tip for new players

• If you are new to sea of thieves and you make your way up to the flag box, do not raise the reapers mark flag unless you are looking for PVP, it marks you on the map for all players to see. The amount of times I've seen a ship with this flag up and them just being new players that don't know what the flag does is ridiculous.

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • @bassi2006

Thank you for that tip. So far, as a noob, I have not run up any flags as I thought it might encourage attacks on me if I'm flying an "enemy" flag. I did not know that flying the repears flag marks you on the map. That tip answers a questiuon I had as to what the little pirate symbols I saw on the map meant.

• @pumpa-cat There are also a few more things that mark you on the map. If you don’t know yet, there are two pieces of treasure called the Reapers Chest and Reapers Bounty. It’s a skull with a red circle around it and a yellow circle for the other. You grab any of those, you will be marked before selling it. Also in case you didn’t know yet, any emissary you run marks you whether you are grade 5 or not. If anyone else is grade 5, they will see you on the map. You can see the little ships on the table when you raise a flag to tell you how many others on the server are running the same emissary. Emissaries also invite people to attack, which is why they reward more when you run them.

• @spartan-enzo-ll you're a little off on the Emissary stuff. Here is how it works:

Reaper's Bones Emissary will mark you on the Map for everyone, Emissary or not. It will also show what Grade you are on the Map. You can see their Grade so you know when they have vision on other Emissaries.

When a Reaper's Bones Emissary reaches Grade V, they can see all other Emissaries on the Map (but they cannot see what Grade or Faction those Emissaries are, just where they are).

Other Emissaries outside of the Reaper's Bones will not be able to see any Emissaries on the Map except for Reaper's Bones (as noted above, since everyone sees them). When other Emissaries get to Grade V they can claim a special Voyage from their faction that they can embark on.

• @spartan-enzo-ll

Many thanks for the information. It’s much appreciated.

• @pumpa-cat If you want to PvE you should set the lights off your shop because it will make you so much more visible from around. I usually see a lot of people making that "mistake"

• @ptilapin27 said in Tip for new players:

@pumpa-cat If you want to PvE you should set the lights off your shop because it will make you so much more visible from around. I usually see a lot of people making that "mistake"

Turning lights off does not really have much of an affect. Even at night a ship with no lights is not hard to see.

• @Pumpa-Cat Turning lights off does not really have much of an affect. Even at night a ship with no lights is not hard to see.
    I think you should give it a try I steel belive it works. If you are playing merchant and do lost shipment it helps I belive. Up to you to do as you want

• But... if you raise the reaper flag and manage to get it to level 5 you see all other players ships on the map right?

• I don't know why new players gravitate to the mark so much.

My crew was helping a brand new one we stumbled across, and right after we showed them how to ally with us and that the flag box exists, they picked the reaper's mark until we told them what it does.

It needs a warning popup or something.

• @sirblaz3d said in Tip for new players:

But... if you raise the reaper flag and manage to get it to level 5 you see all other players ships on the map right?

Only those that have an emissary flag; non-emissary ships are not visible on the map.

• @lem0n-curry oh ok thank you, I had that mixed up then

• @pumpa-cat said in Tip for new players:

@bassi2006

Thank you for that tip. So far, as a noob, I have not run up any flags as I thought it might encourage attacks on me if I'm flying an "enemy" flag. I did not know that flying the repears flag marks you on the map. That tip answers a questiuon I had as to what the little pirate symbols I saw on the map meant.

In theory there are meanings to the flags, but without proper signaling there's no consistency to people's response to them. The Reaper's mark and alliance flags have an in game effect, but other than that it doesn't really matter which one you raise (although the rainbow one will at least tweak the tone of any toxic abuse you receive). That said, you should fly one, they're the quickest foolproof indicator of wind direction, its rare that it matters, but occasionally during really close hard fought battles, the seconds you save by having no doubt can save your ship. Also, there's at least one commendation for saving a full set to your ship.

Publicaciones
Visitas
12 de 13