Cosmetics/Weapons

• @galactic-geek Does anyone actualy know why it was removed?

• @ambrossa said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@galactic-geek Does anyone actualy know why it was removed?

I certainly don't, and if it's for any of the reasons I have suggested, I doubt Rare will admit to it due to the potential negative publicity it could bring.

• @ambrossa I’ve been asking around and not found anything
    But Louise Robert did say to wait for a official response about it from Twitter

• @voshell So we already know what, apparently the item description was a direct nod to a character called FuManchu, this character was created in US before WW1. The problem is that character was extremely evil and racist and portrayed Chinese people as such.

So having a nod to this character in the description of the beard was simply a really bad idea and after receiving negative feedback Rare made a decision to remove it.

@voshell So we already know what, apparently the item description was a direct nod to a character called FuManchu, this character was created in US before WW1. The problem is that character was extremely evil and racist and portrayed Chinese people as such.

So having a nod to this character in the description of the beard was simply a really bad idea and after receiving negative feedback Rare made a decision to remove it.

This, IMO, is yet another case of Rare overreacting. They could have kept the beard and simply changed the description. Problem fixed! After all, nobody complained about it in the advertising prior to release, so the beard itself isn't at issue.

Of course, all of this could have been avoided if Rare did their research before releasing something that was deemed so ignorant and racist...

• @ninja-naranja

For the video, footage of the Midnight Prowl begins at 4:52.

• @galactic-geek Yep... description was the whole problem, well now I just hope that the set will get another beard soon

@galactic-geek Yep... description was the whole problem, well now I just hope that the set will get another beard soon

Agreed. Look for ideas here!

@galactic-geek Yep... description was the whole problem, well now I just hope that the set will get another beard soon

Sounds like they could just change the description and everything would be copacetic

• These are fantastic ^

Makes me slightly jealous that I can view them but cannot wear them on my pirate : (

• Honestly I think if we solve the mystery for DeMarcos death, we should be rewarded with his hat...

• @the-pheonix6886 What about, THE WHOLE DEMARCO SET?

• @ambrossa YESIR!

• So I found this pic of WHITE Lord Guardian sails!

alt text

I NEED THEM!

• @ambrossa awesome! hey just curious... if when this mystery starts, would you like to sail?

• @the-pheonix6886 If I have some free time then sure! Right now I'm crazy busy with all the video ideas, I barely have time to actualy play lol!

• @ambrossa could you sail at 3:00 pm eastern time tomorrow? I have a feeling it will start tomorrow for some reason.

• @ambrossa I just realized something. if we get rewarded for the whole DeMarco set then glorious sea dogs are going to be very outraged considering that they spent years getting everything only to have everyone smart enough to get an amazing looking sea dog outfit, we would have a big problem on our hands then. just the hat though would be okay.

• @the-pheonix6886 I have all the arena items and I hope they will make a full demarco set available to everyone lol

So I found this pic of WHITE Lord Guardian sails!

alt text

I NEED THEM!

I love these sails! I have the Lord Guardian Sails as they are now; but I would like this variant as well. Probably in my top three sails for sure!

• I have been getting a lot of my posts deleted by unknown means as of late. The one about the Eastern Winds Jade Beard makes sense; I will give you that one but other than that I feel like they are finally trying to cover up my showing of unreleased cosmetics lol. It is quite unusual since I have been posting about the same thing for a 1 1/2 years now and never had an issue. What's going on Devs?

• @grumpyw01f thank you! Not sure why it didn’t give me a notification when you pinged me.

• @the-pheonix6886 the mystery has already started

• @ambrossa I would really like them to add DeMarco's necklace and his bag of maps in the bargain, as separate cosmetic pieces.

• @voshell Damn, I just looked through this place and I can also see that stuff is missing, what the hell?

• @voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@ambrossa said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

So I found this pic of WHITE Lord Guardian sails!

alt text

I NEED THEM!

I love these sails! I have the Lord Guardian Sails as they are now; but I would like this variant as well. Probably in my top three sails for sure!

Still trying to earn mine, but it's hard to get. 😅

• Found a few unreleased uncomplete ship sets on ArtStation.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

Publicaciones
Visitas
853 de 1353