Sea Fort Levelling/stacking

• I ABSOLOUTELY adore sea forts, they are a short (non grindy) way to get some loot, and as for me who joined, and stayed in this game for the pvp, they are really fun to do. And since I have a limited time they are a great way to enjoy the game.
    But, stacking sea forts can become a little arduous as you have to sail between each fort, complete the waves, and loot. I have done sea forts to the point where I can finish the waves and loot the store room in under five minutes.
    Many people have ignored sea forts, as they follow the allure of more grindy/larger loot like fotd's and fof's (fort of the damned and fort of fortune). I think sea fort could use the upgrade if Levelling the fort. After completing a the first, easy wave, you could open the vault like normal and extract the measly loot from within.
    But, by you and your scallywag friends ignoring the shiny allure of loot for the moment, and instead allowing for the next fresh set of waves of phantoms to spawn, the loot upgrades in level.
    (The looting could work as in a key is dropped every level opening 1 of the five level doors, or simply the loot pile is larger if you wait until level 5 (the levels could be past five, that's just ab idea number)
    But there comes a catch! By continuing the journey and levelling up the fortress a reaper flag (like a Fotd) appears on the map. You and your scallywags have just become a target! You must race to complete the fort before another ship comes along to snatch it! (This encourages ACTUAL USE of the forts cannons, and using as a fort to defend your loot)!
    Now, after defeating and levelling the fort to finish you will be amply rewarded!
    Pros:

• the allure of quick loot like the current sea forts will stay, because you will still have the option of cashing in upon finishing the first level
    • rather than spending many hours stacking many forts, which I would most likely just move to a more profitable journey (like fotd's), this puts sea forts back on the map!
    • this could be designed as a order of souls quest and or merchants (i.e. phantoms have made off with the merchants goods, track to the shipwreck to recover the key before starting the fort!) (Or simply collect the quest from the order of souls to find a map quest, dig up the key, start the fort!)
    • forts would stay the same, because the quick easy loot would be collected after finishing, so it's just deciding when you want to leave with your booty!
    • it adds another player-triggerable event, which I know many people have been looking for
    • chance of ANY backlash is minimal, as you are not getting rid of or changing the current forts, just giving people the option to do more
    • adds another layer to the game, for those who have played this game to the max, they find themselves doing the same things (fotd's, fof's, fotd's, fof's, fotd's....etc) but with this sea fort change it adds another high risk, high reward aspect to the game! With already six sea forts on the map, it allows the option for seasoned players to make good payout all while enjoying the rush of a new adventure!
    • sea forts have been an amazing idea ever since the veil voyages! Do the storyline could go many ways of why they are changed. (I.e. after the initial failure of sea forts, and the travelling of players between worlds [during the hunters call adventure] flamehart has been able to reinforce his sea forts quietly! Bring your scallywags, bring your swords....but dear your horizons for not all wish for you to rid these forts of their phantom occupants!!)

Cons:

• I'll add if I find any

Ideas (just ideas for this change, not solid ones) (so don't take these with complete seriousness)

• for loot upgrading you could use a key to start every wave, like a Fotd. The key dropped from the first captain/level could be used to either open the vault and finish, or start a fresh level and continue levelling the fort.
    • for different enemies other than phantoms in the fort the enemies you fought the hunters cry adventure could also spawn, having found their way into the sea of thieves during the skirmishes, and sided with flamehart

Commendation ideas:
    Flameharts fury - level a sea fort to level 5 (or whatever level is decided upon)
    Mine! - defend an active fort from another player
    Return investment - cash in for level 5 fort loot

I truly think this would a be a great addition to the game, and I understand how many of these ideas you get a day, so I doubt this will see the light of day - but I'm raising my grog to the idea of this coming to be!
    Thank you, for making an amazing game!

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    feedbackxbox onewindows 10story & loreevents
  • it's getting rid of what makes sea forts long term valuable content

lower risk for alright award which is where the activity has been heading

it'll run off a lot of strong organic activity and get replaced by more alliance cheesing and content that people avoid

It's not a bad idea it's just one that will sacrifice what made it successful.

With potential to be more appealing it'll bring more attention to sea forts from pvpers

Sea forts are morale maintainers, people get a lot of winning done for reasonable reward, they aren't just getting wrecked over and over again until they find something else to do

Imo very important to preserve lower risk activity spots in the current environment

• @wolfmanbush exactly, these sea forts would keep exactly what you are saying

I don't know if I said this outright in my original post, so sorry, but by the first to second levels no reapers mark would appear, keeping the sametype of quick morale boost as before. It's only if you CHOOSE to continue levelling does the reapers mark appear. Therefore it keeps everything the same, just offers more from these forts and adds positively to the gamr

• @wolfmanbush
    All player made events can be cheesed by alliances, veils, fotd's, this just offers a fun, non grindy way, to attract some pvp (IF you choose to), and to make some coin.
    The reapers mark doesn't mark you on the map until the third level, and so you can still do the quick easy forts just as before.

Even so it could be made that only a few forts do this, or even just one in the dr, or something as such, I just think it would be a great opportunity for time constricted players, new players, and veterans like me to have something new that THEY THEMSELVES can trigger.
    (Ik it says castaway I'm on my alt sry)

• @honeycrisp1 said in Sea Fort Levelling/stacking:

@wolfmanbush exactly, these sea forts would keep exactly what you are saying

I don't know if I said this outright in my original post, so sorry, but by the first to second levels no reapers mark would appear, keeping the sametype of quick morale boost as before. It's only if you CHOOSE to continue levelling does the reapers mark appear. Therefore it keeps everything the same, just offers more from these forts and adds positively to the gamr

Minimal appeal to tuck on a sea fort now
    minimal appeal to mess with many boats doing a sea fort now

it doesn't need to always be max appeal on a specific server to effect the environment and how people play, there will be more appeal for pvpers in a scenario where there is a higher chance for stacking,

that heat is counter productive and will run off lower risk takers over time and there is no pocket of organic higher risk takers to take over for that loss of activity

higher risk content is dead organically when it comes to any sort of consistent activity

sea forts pick up server slack for the lack of consistent activity in other spots and if they get run off because sea forts become more appealing to people looking to steal it's just a production loss

• The forts are an excellent asset in the game. My issue with them has always been they contain far too many supplies for there current purpose. A player logging on for a quick session doesn't need 15 pineapples. Now if one of these forts was to become a player activated event that the whole map can see with multiple waves of reaper phantoms with a boss fight it would feel balanced. I like the idea, I'd like to see a unique player activated event similar to FotD used in these forts, they suit the king of the hill type game style more so than the skeleton forts do. I'd maybe say it should be limited to one fort only were it can be activated just so the other forts remain open to there old usage.

• @a10dr4651
    Yes, that's perfect change, so that the other forts remain consistent with their older counterparts!

• @wolfmanbush
    I would argue that there is higher appeal to tuck on forts now
    As the forts will hold more loot, then you will want to wait for the enemy players to raise the fort to level five, and then strike and steal the loot!

As for your claim that the server doesn't need server-changinf events, it wouldn't be that.
    As there are SIX forts on the map, one fort being activated and raised to a level is very little difference. It takes nothing away from the original uses for forts.
    Even so, it could be limited to a singular fort that can be raised to level five

• @wolfmanbush
    I disagree that it will run off lower risk takers
    I am a low risk takers, when a fof appears I never take it unless I'm with my full crew, fotd's are foreign to me as a solo slooper, and sea forts are my paradise.
    There is NO risk doing a sea fort and raising it to level 2 as the reapers mark wouldn't appear.
    The only risk that happens is when YOU yourself CHOOSE to take a risk and raise it to a higher level.
    High risk high reward is what makes a game fun.
    If it was easy and they handed everything to you it'd be boring.
    And honestly I have NEVER been attacked while doing forts and I do them as my main thing to do on sot.
    Your taking a risk running the reapers flag, placing an emissary, starting a Fotd, finishing a fof.
    My point is the only risk is what YOU yourself CHOOSE to make it.

@wolfmanbush
    I disagree that it will run off lower risk takers
    I am a low risk takers, when a fof appears I never take it unless I'm with my full crew, fotd's are foreign to me as a solo slooper, and sea forts are my paradise.
    There is NO risk doing a sea fort and raising it to level 2 as the reapers mark wouldn't appear.
    The only risk that happens is when YOU yourself CHOOSE to take a risk and raise it to a higher level.
    High risk high reward is what makes a game fun.
    If it was easy and they handed everything to you it'd be boring.
    And honestly I have NEVER been attacked while doing forts and I do them as my main thing to do on sot.
    Your taking a risk running the reapers flag, placing an emissary, starting a Fotd, finishing a fof.
    My point is the only risk is what YOU yourself CHOOSE to make it.

Only takes a little change to have significant impact on the environment

risk/reward that doesn't change the environment for all participants is reapers, either a reaper is or isn't at a fort it doesn't change the hunting or the appeal for others

your idea changes the foundation of the content which effects everyone in the end

• @wolfmanbush
    The foundation of sea of thieves content much more in depth and complicated than sea forts.
    For example, sea forts were created as some quick, easy coin.
    with my changes they still are that.
    All forts would stay the same save for a single fort of which can be levelled up for extra coin.
    This game has long needed more player activated events.
    The ease of a regular sea fort is not changed with these changes I recommend, rather encouraged.
    As claimed before by another pirate, he recommends ONE sea fort be changed (or added) to these ways. This way the fun pve that can be accessed at any time is always available.
    As for you claiming it would change the basis of the game---the games basis IS high risk high reward! This would only encourage the already pre-determined basis that sot falls on.
    Sea forts were ultimately a success and a failure, while good for solo slopping players, they are ultimately ignored by those in need of higher loot.
    And currently the only ways to a chieve high loot are:
    Server events that are random and luck determined,
    Player triggered events of which we have 2 or 3.
    With the addition of one sea fort of which could be player triggered this adds the allure of a lesser Fotd.
    As a solo slooper myself I find myself having nothing to do when loading up the game.
    I could do voyages, but to be honest those r on life support ( and could use a bit of a buff that's a diff topic)
    Fof's, fotd's, skele forts, and other server wide events are pratically off limits too the average player because they require high skill and a larger crew, not mention copious amounts of time.
    This simple sea fort would be player trigger able, there fore when you open the game you are immediately confronted with a fun option to sail the seas and have combat.
    I'm rephrasing my idea slightly because over the cors eof our Convo I have realized a few things, maybe these edits will make it a bit better.
    The fort would be singular, make no change to current ones, add another fort in the dr. It would larger than others and people would sail to it.
    The fort would be activated by key either collected by a special quest or the fort would simply activate upon your arrival.
    The fort would have 6 levels. The first 2 levels you can complete without any fear of a reapers mark appearing.
    By the third your location is broadcasted across the server and pvp is invited.
    Alot like a lesser Fotd players are acclimated to this, and as you and your friends sweep the fort, levelling it up to 6 you utilize the cannons to fight off other players.
    I encourage this idea of mine greatly because I love the pve and pvp aspects of this game, and this is a way to get both without worry for hours of grind, and the need of a huge crew.
    This fort would serve no other purpose than a lesser fort of the damned, and allow for veteran players to have more in the game to do, rather than stack the same events endlessly.

• Not a bad idea.

@wolfmanbush higher-risk ANYTHING, for ex: sea fort and stacking with added attractiveness/server visibility, would reduce the risk for other players doing other things including world events. With 16 pl/5 ships on a server you can only have so many "tuckers", pvp reapers and so on. So where you talk about "production loss", that would apply to sea forts but would likely? be a production gain in other areas.

• @unleet1 said in Sea Fort Levelling/stacking:

Not a bad idea.

@wolfmanbush higher-risk ANYTHING, for ex: sea fort and stacking with added attractiveness/server visibility, would reduce the risk for other players doing other things including world events. With 16 pl/5 ships on a server you can only have so many "tuckers", pvp reapers and so on. So where you talk about "production loss", that would apply to sea forts but would likely? be a production gain in other areas.

One of the main appeals of sea forts is time

this is a game that takes people forever to do stuff

People can hop on and go do a sea fort during a break, there isn't much in the game where that is realistically an option for many

• @wolfmanbush
    I would argue and I believeany would agree with me that the time is what takes away from the game.
    For people with not as much time it makes this game a very harsh environment for those who love it.
    I'm able to cope because I just spam sea forts and treasure voyages, but it gets boring.
    People left after arena because pvp was lacking, and more leave when the only option to make money is four hours of hard grinding.
    The legend of the veil is one of the first non grindy voyages, as I've completed it in 2 hours before, but that is still very long.
    This game could certainly use a shorter activity, and this wouldn't even be that short.
    In my opinion the entire upgraded sea fort would take about 45 min to 1bhour to complete (you have to sail from ancient spire all the way to Dr to do it, and if rare decides it'd be better to have it as you have to dig up the key to start the fort then it's take longer).

• @wolfmanbush I don't see where sailing to, completing, and looting a single sea fort would change. If you are logging in at outpost and sail directly to one, nothing really changes. I've done plenty of sea forts (grind 50 first few days) and never had pvp, unless on the server for at least an hour or more. There are enough sea forts that it would not be practical to pre-tuck a fort in hopes someone is going to grind for some type of levelling or bonus.

• @unleet1 said in Sea Fort Levelling/stacking:

@wolfmanbush I don't see where sailing to, completing, and looting a single sea fort would change. If you are logging in at outpost and sail directly to one, nothing really changes. I've done plenty of sea forts (grind 50 first few days) and never had pvp, unless on the server for at least an hour or more. There are enough sea forts that it would not be practical to pre-tuck a fort in hopes someone is going to grind for some type of levelling or bonus.

The "I currently get left alone" thing that has been said a couple of times makes my point

I'm not sure where pre-tucking came from, it's not a matter of pre-tucking it's a matter of it becoming more potential which increases tucking and attacks against those that are doing one. This adds it more into the mix of hopping pvp.

Where there is more opportunity for steals there is more appeal for interaction and chase, people will have far less of an idea what people are doing, have done, and are carrying and that makes it more appealing to a hunter.

• @wolfmanbush
    I disagree, tucking is part of the competitive fun of the game. Is someone discovers another person is quietly levelling up a fort then hey COULD simply ride up and tuck on their ship and wait. But with ANY sever event that is the case. if someone sees a reapers bounty they could tuck there, same for tucking on an Fotd or fof. This is no different and the only way tucking would happen is if the person triggers the reapers mark over the fort, which means that they WANT the challenge and pvp.

@wolfmanbush
    I disagree, tucking is part of the competitive fun of the game. Is someone discovers another person is quietly levelling up a fort then hey COULD simply ride up and tuck on their ship and wait. But with ANY sever event that is the case. if someone sees a reapers bounty they could tuck there, same for tucking on an Fotd or fof. This is no different and the only way tucking would happen is if the person triggers the reapers mark over the fort, which means that they WANT the challenge and pvp.

It's not like we don't have history in this game now to see what does and doesn't work

what people do and what they avoid

what risks they largely take and what they don't

it's so common to see people suggest a formula that has shown to not be where the activity is at anymore.

They haven't brought in risk takers in a long time, they aren't marketing to risk takers, they are bringing in people that are not into the old formula which is why the newer content has been different in design.

• @wolfmanbush
    Yes I agree,
    But wasn't the Fotd great? People love fotd's, fof's, and all those. This is literally a smaller Fotd.
    The old style was long grinds, super high risks or no risk at all. This is medium risk. If people want no risk they can continue sea forts without risk, this is simply another activity for veteran players like me who don't have something to do in the short time they are provided.
    The point of these forts is simply to reinforce the new style of playing.
    In my opinion the new style of sot is:

Player-triggerable events (fotd's, veils, sea forts, tall tales)
    Medium risk events (fof's, tall tales, voyages)
    Some high risk events: (fotd's, veils)
    Pvp: fotd's, veils encourage pvp. Reapers beg for pvp, pvp flags I sea on many servers

We have to accept that the game is moving past the old voyages and onto events. In the beginning voyages we're the way, buying and digging, but now it's high medium risk events that are fun for all parties.
    People join the game to make coin, not to make a penny, while sea forts are short and fun, they provide little money in return. This game needs to move past the expectation that everyone can grind hours for little money.

@wolfmanbush
    Yes I agree,
    But wasn't the Fotd great? People love fotd's, fof's, and all those. This is literally a smaller Fotd.
    The old style was long grinds, super high risks or no risk at all. This is medium risk. If people want no risk they can continue sea forts without risk, this is simply another activity for veteran players like me who don't have something to do in the short time they are provided.
    The point of these forts is simply to reinforce the new style of playing.
    In my opinion the new style of sot is:

Player-triggerable events (fotd's, veils, sea forts, tall tales)
    Medium risk events (fof's, tall tales, voyages)
    Some high risk events: (fotd's, veils)
    Pvp: fotd's, veils encourage pvp. Reapers beg for pvp, pvp flags I sea on many servers

We have to accept that the game is moving past the old voyages and onto events. In the beginning voyages we're the way, buying and digging, but now it's high medium risk events that are fun for all parties.
    People join the game to make coin, not to make a penny, while sea forts are short and fun, they provide little money in return. This game needs to move past the expectation that everyone can grind hours for little money.

Lol they have done this for quite a while

People could pay off DA sails in a gold and glory weekend just doing merchant shipwreck voyages

• @wolfmanbush
    Yes but gold and glory weekend are rare, show up every so often and often lock downs servers.
    In 2 hours the only and best option for money is spamming sea forts and even that gives little payout, this is a very needed addition.
    Also sot has done this for a while, and it works. What doesn't work is long grinds that turn away people like me. To this day I am pirate legend with over 200 hours and I have never done a Fotd because I just simply don't have the time.
    It's unfortunate because I see people complain about low player count, when really it's just that there are few events that can draw people in for pvp without a long grind.

Publicaciones
Visitas
feedbackxbox onewindows 10story & loreevents
20 de 21