Where’s the appropriate place to ask RARE to please start policing the toxicity and harassment?

• Why? Because it’s daily.

I’ve spent a fair amount of money on this game, and having to deal with homophobic slurs [Mod Edit], spamming me with ‘trash can’ photos ostensibly as ‘my new profile photos’ and then claiming ‘toxicity is part of the game’ this afternoon, I’ve had about enough.

Please start policing the miscreants out here, RARE. Yes, it’s a pirate game. But does that mean a video game should condone racial, homophobic and other kinds of blatant abuse of other users?

Just say ‘yes’ and I’m sure me and a substantial part of your player base will reluctantly find another game to play - and spend money on.

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    xbox onecommunityfeedback
  • @kardynyl-syn

You can report people that are toxic / harassing here:
    https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Choose "I'd like to report a toxic player".

• Spamming me with ‘trash can’ photos ostensibly as ‘my new profile photos’ and then claiming ‘toxicity is part of the game’ this afternoon, I’ve had about enough.

Block, never open message from unknown sources, avoid msg from people ingame.
    very common thing among gamers to "not do" You fuel them by mentioning there names (which is a no no here) and by answering them.

• Turn off Other crew chats and audio.
      So this way you cant hear or read anything they do.
  • People face enforcement after violating rules not before

It will always exist in every shared space to some degree

The only way to get through it is to report what you feel should be looked into and finding a way to personally move on in a productive and positive direction.

No one will ever be able to keep your experience consistently positive more than you, by how you react and respond to people saying unkind things.

• This is not uniqe to this game. Every online game has some kids that think insulting and doing bas things makes them cool.

Rare has no tolerance to these kind of things. If you have any video evidience, They will swiftly ban them.

Gamebar has a feature that lets you record the past 30 seconds by pressing WINDOWS + G if that helps.

• It does suck, but at least you have evidence. Report it and you might see their account banned. If it's a naked dude, it's most likely an alt account for someone who has already been banned, so unfortunately it's almost pointless then.

• Easy. Record your fights and when toxicity happens, report through the appropriate channel (not the forum) and attach the clip or pictures showing the toxic/harassment behavior.That’s the only way to do it. You can’t expect Rare to be monitoring every single interaction between players at all time. You have to do your part and report it.

edit: also, set your security so that no stranger can randomly send you email, pics or other thing like that.

• @kardynyl-syn Your post has been edited as it goes against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code.

NEVER
    Advertise, spam, troll or engage in witch hunts. There are areas in our official Forums and on our verified Discord server where you can advertise your own community groups – just ask if you don’t know where to find them. Other kinds of advertising are not appropriate. Any form of spamming should be avoided. Trolling, baiting and witch hunts are also unacceptable. If you have evidence that you think our Customer Support team should see to help them take action against a player, send it to them using the process outlined at the end of this article..

If you believe a player has been toxic in the game, you can report them to Xbox Live here. You can also submit a support ticket via Rare Player Support.

Topics and posts with this content will be locked, deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Dropping Anchor here.

Publicaciones
Visitas
xbox onecommunityfeedback
7 de 8