He wore white pants

• The Gold Hoarder Wayfinder quest was going well. My open crew mate and I had finally found the piece of the map with the X on it. Up until now, our quest had kept us far from the Reaper II crew.

"Kraken Falls, that is where our vault is".

A quick look at the map was sobering. The Reaper was already there!

"They must be attacking another Gold Hoarder. If we wait for them to sail to Reaper's Hideout, we can sail around them to the North, and they will be none the wiser".

Sure enough, the Reaper II finally did leave. As they sailed west and to our south, we sailed east and to their north.

"Perfect execution" we congratulated ourselves.

A quick check with the spy glass raised our alarm.

"Is that them? We can see them from here?"

"We are too close. That means they can see us!"

We ran to the map, and sure enough, the Reaper changed course.

Neither of us crew mates claim to be good at PVP. However, we decided we would not run, and give it a go.

Scanning around, we could see an island fortress with cannon towers not too far from us.

"Let's sail there, turn our broad side to their approach, and I will climb into a cannon tower, thus doubling our fire power".

To action we sprung sailing to the fortress island, watching the approaching ship. Raising sails we drifted and turned into position. I swam to and climbed into the towers.

"Only 6 cannon balls? There is only six cannon balls! Why didn't I bring more?"

The aggressor was too close, no time to get back to ship. We opened fired. My shots were wild but quick. The battle was fierce and chaotic. Both ship were now fully engaged.

A keg was at my feet in the tower. "Hello friend" I grinned.

"I got a keg, I will swim it to their ship" I gleefully announced as I leapt with it from the cannon tower into the water below.

Try as I might, I just could not get close enough to the other ship, and even had a close call nearly colliding with the hull of my own ship.

As I surfaced again and again to track the other ship, I noticed to my dismay the other ship was sailing further and further out of range.

"Did they give up?" I asked.

The sound of the harpoon was unmistakable as I watch the keg get pulled from my hand onto our ship.

"Why are you harpooning the keg?" I started to ask my crew mate.

Then I saw the Reaper jumping around on our ship, fighting my mate. Quickly I swam to our ship arriving just in time for the Reaper to shoot and detonate the keg still on the harpoon.

The explosion rocked the ship, sending my crew mate to the Ferry of the Damned.
    I boarded and was quickly sent to the Ferry as well.

"GG" I typed as drifted out of the living world.

On the Ferry of the Damned my crew mate and I laughed, "We tried".

"Let's rez together and try to take back our ship!"

"You mean what is left of it!"

We were over ours heads, but we would fight until the end. We charged through the swirling green tunnel together.

"Parlay! Can you guys hear me?" Our adversary shouted.

We stopped our advance. "Yeah, how are you doing?" Our ship was in flames, groaning from the water in the hull.

"You guys are alright!" he exclaimed as he resumed putting out the fires.

We joined his efforts, and together we worked to save the ship.

"You guys are alright!" he repeated. "During the battle, I boarded and tucked on your ship. When I saw you we trying to keg us, I harpooned it from your hands and detonated it on your ship".

He was so excited about how awesome his attack was, that he wanted to share exactly what he did.

We were all laughing, then I noticed what he was wearing.

"Wait a second, you tucked on our ship?" I asked.

"Yes" he answered proudly.

"But you are wearing white pants" I stated incredulously.

The laughter we shared was priceless.

I could not stop saying, "You tucked on us wearing white pants."

He wanted to see what treasure we had, so I thought, 'Oh what the heck, full disclosure'.

"We have a few chests and a vault key for Kraken Falls".

"We were just there fighting another Gold Hoarder" he stated.

"We noticed. Our plan was to wait for you to sail back to Reaper's Hideout, and sail over here too far to the north for you to see us. But, we were too close and could see your ship. We figured you saw us and would give chase, so we decided to lure you here into our cannon trap.

"Awesome" he exclaimed.

"I think I missed all my shots from the tower".

"Great plan. You just got to keep practicing! You guys are all right. We will leave alone. Have a great sail. Good luck with the vault".

"You too. GG."

"GG!".

"He was wearing white pants!"

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • Well, it's not after labor day so he is alright

Publicaciones
Visitas
1 de 2