Please consider Friendly fire on/off option

• Please consider adding a friendly fire on/off option for closed crews in Game Options-My Crew. Such a simple addition will add more ways to enjoy the game. It would make having 1v1s or 2v2 fights much easier being able to invite and battle your own crewmates. Keep this option for closed crews only so that open crews can't be griefed. Everyone must vote to turn team fire on, only 1 vote needed to turn it off.

This one simple change spawns it's own gamemodes. With the abundance of food that goes to waste when the crew is ready to leave the game it would be fun to have some battles and test & improve your skills against one another. Everyone is respawning on the same ship because they are in the same crew - fight for control of the ship, or agree to fight for control of an island, goof around with in-air shots, etc.. Since everyone is in agreement to battle then no one gets upset - 0 bullying, just friendly fights. Closed crew and any one crewmate can end the fighting at any time.

Thank you

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    generalcommunityjust for funeventscompetition
  • Have never been against the idea, but think about the animosity it might bring to the table after the fact. Mechanics of how it works aside, imagine having a friendly duel with a crewmate. All seems to go well, except that when you win, and it's over, your crewmate might feel embarrassed, meager, resentful, angry, etc. They may ask for a rematch that you won't give because you won fair and square. All of a sudden, what started out as fun and friendly turns into a betrayal filled with revenge and sabotage.

Fun, but then not so fun. Every winner also needs a loser - and not everyone loses well, or learns from it.

• @galactic-geek I'd argue that at least with the duel, you have to consent to the fight? I'd argue a good 80% of PvP encounters in this game are a PvP crew taking on an non-consenting ship. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with this. Pirates will be Pirates. I just find your "their feelings might get hurt" argument opposing crew-based PvP, especially one you need to vote to initiate, a little silly.

• @mrstinkyfart169 said in Please consider Friendly fire on/off option:

@galactic-geek I'd argue that at least with the duel, you have to consent to the fight? I'd argue a good 80% of PvP encounters in this game are a PvP crew taking on an non-consenting ship. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with this. Pirates will be Pirates. I just find your "their feelings might get hurt" argument opposing crew-based PvP, especially one you need to vote to initiate, a little silly.

Nobody can predict the future.

Publicaciones
Visitas
generalcommunityjust for funeventscompetition
1 de 4