Normally I'm not a running man

• I enjoy a good naval battle, often searching for them, but for some reason, I find myself unable to reward tuckers with one. From my perspective, if they want to try and waste my time by hiding on my ship and sabotaging us at an outpost, I'm going to waste their time.

Over the weekend we spotted a rowboat with a pirate in full tuck gear coming our way. We waited until he got close and dropped sailed for the nearest outpost. Their sloop sat away off and made chase. We lead them in a giant counter-clockwise circle from Plunder outpost to Galleons grave, Sanctuary, and back down to Plunder. We had a few close calls, but made plenty of anchor turn, harpoon hooks, took down their sails, and dropped their anchor enough to keep them just far enough away. At each outpost dropping off one Athenas item until our final item back at Plunder where we dropped our level 5 flag.

I haven't heard such vitriol and anger on these seas for a while. All resulting in them scuttling their ship after an hour of chasing and nothing to show for it except for rage quitting. We did turn in their level 1 Athenas flag, though. That was a nice little bonus.

Not sure how everyone else feels about tuckers (I see the fun in it), but I really can't reward it with a good fight.

Views
  • A good tucker you won't even see or know about until the sell/ ambush. They trying it I tip my hat, and to you also for playing the way you did. Well played

• Not sure how everyone else feels about tuckers (I see the fun in it), but I really can't reward it with a good fight.

I look at pirates and their tactics a lot like I look at skunks trying to get into the chicken coop

They are hungry and wanna eat, it's what they do. They will try every different strategy they can to feed themselves. It's their nature.

I don't really judge it or aim to teach lessons based on strategies.

I just put in the time and effort to adapting to and countering the strategies of my opponent.

Skunk or pirate, it's all the same to me.

• @witchcraft2737 I bet you spend hours scanning the forums just for a chance to make that post. Do you have it saved to a word document so you can just keep copy and pasting it over and over?

• Sounds like you won the encounter. The game is tools not rules, you used the best tactic at your disposal to beat them. Toxic behaviour from them just seems like you got to them and they aren't mature enough to accept the loss. GG

• [mod edit]

Get over what?

• Also, this you?

@witchcraft2737 said in Give them something else to do.:

Well I was minding my own business as usual when some worth [mod edit] decided to blow up my ship and steal my treasure and basically ruin my afternoon because I'm sure that griefer [mod edit] which I'm almost positive I have seen that worthless [mod edit] before thought it was funny. Well guess what Rare? I will stop playing again for another year and a half or until I calm down or until you finally concede that [mod edit] like this are bad for the game and come up with some pve servers. My entire clan is waiting.... And if you ban me then good. Ban my account too so I can't come back. [mod edit]

• @shafti76 No actually about two minutes and I should have it on a quick key. My position over all complaints will be the same after all the bs I've caught on this forum for my opinions. I hate and despise you all. m|n

• @witchcraft2737 said in Normally I'm not a running man:

@shafti76 No actually about two minutes and I should have it on a quick key. My position over all complaints will be the same after all the bs I've caught on this forum for my opinions. I hate and despise you all. m|n

If you're always catching bs, you might want to look at the bottom of your own shoes. Your posts are almost all pretty toxic. It sounds like you're frustrated with the game and have decided to take it out on people in the forums, then get upset when people bite back. Sorry you think people are out to get you, but you could also try being nice and see what happens...

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
10 out of 11