Problems with the game and suggestions to perhaps make it better.

• A few things before I start off the post;

• English is not my first language, so I apologize for any mistakes.
    • I am not a day one player, but I've put in a fair amount of hours to recognize problems and give suggestions.
    • These issues and suggestions are my opinion and you are welcome to share yours.

The biggest issue I have with the game is the server issues and hit regs. There have been too many encounters where I've shot or slashed a player and they take no damage from it. I've also noticed that the server ping jumps around a lot and sometimes climbs the longer I stay on the server. The ping itself isn't a big issue, but I'm guessing that the unstable ping makes it worse in general. My internet is stable in all other games apart from this, so the issue is not on my end. I know Rare is aware of this, but I'd rather have good servers for now than more content.

Another big problem I have is that the arena got shut down and there's no way to get the original legendary weapon set or any of those skins for that matter. I understand that Rare wanted to shut it down due to low popularity, but making Sea Dogs into a faction under reaper or something similar would be nice. In order to level up Sea Dogs, you have to kill players, sink their ship, etc. That way people can earn those skins that were in arena. Some of the commendations may have to change, but its better to change some rather than kicking the players in the face by making the new legendary weapon set gated behind some levels instead of making it so you have to sink 500 player ships or something similar. The new set looks nice, but you can't compare the grind of winning 240 arena games to leveling up Athena.

The new Athena voyage is in my opinion really good except for two parts. The loot on the broken ships are sometimes stuck in the ship and I'm not able to pick it up at all. The other issue I have is how easy it is to steal loot at the end. A solution to this could be that you get a key or you have to manually take the mask with you and open a door with it.

The last two issues I have are minor, but they do cause inconvenience.

• I feel like the enemies on islands spawn too frequently. I have to fight a wave of phantoms then a couple minutes after that, ocean crawlers will spawn, then skeletons may spawn and then it goes silent for maybe 5-10 minutes and I have to repeat all that.
    • There are times where I see a new or inexperienced player run reaper flag/emissary or any other emissaries, then they get really toxic because I go sink them. A solution to this could simply be a first time prompt when someone raises an emissary and give them a warning that player WILL hunt/see you.

If anyone wants to add or point out something, feel free to do so.

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    feedbackgeneralcommunitywindows 10competition
  • Hit reg issues used to be the main issue but imo bucket issues are the worst we have had yet. People sinking their own ships is far more frustrating than even not getting a kill during an important moment. Some of the random glitches and bugs like getting transported out of your own boat into deep water is pretty devastating for sloop play.

Hit reg issues are barely hitting top 3 these days imo

for emissaries I don't mind people have the information they need to make decisions that are best for them but I also don't want people getting scared off from the emissary system when it isn't necessary. Unless it's athena or reaper people really are sacrificing significant personal gain for being minimally safer. Reapers can be tracked and hunters know that non emissaries are stacking on ships without an emissary now.

Inform but not frighten can be a tough thing sometimes when it comes to narratives that they will buy into.

• @wolfmanbush With the bucket issue you mean that sometimes it doesn't throw the water out? Happened a few times after I posted the quest now. It certainly is annoying and sometimes could screw you over, but hit reg does screw you over too. Hit a guy with the EOR today and then slashed him four times. The guy didn't heal during all of that and still didn't die.
    The emissary thing is certainly something the players should know about. It might need to be worded carefully or people just have to learn it the hard way

• @burnsyth said in Problems with the game and suggestions to perhaps make it better.:

The emissary thing is certainly something the players should know about. It might need to be worded carefully or people just have to learn it the hard way

The problem is that instilling fear of loss leads people to make bigger poor decisions while worrying about minimal danger.

An example of this is that people will fear losing a emissary flag but they will do a a FoF or FotD for 2 hours to lose them just about every time without an emissary.

I'd rather they encourage using an emissary and selling often than feeding into the narrative that they are in danger.

The danger narratives haven't even given them accurate information or they haven't understood it correctly as I often end up explaining the system to random players because somewhere along the line they thought everyone could track them, or at their grade 5 is when they get tracked, etc etc

As long as they sell often (which they should always be encouraged to do) and participate in content that they not only enjoy but also makes sense for their goals they will benefit far more by using the emissary system than not. Even with sinks.

Fearing reapers is one of the worst narratives about emissaries imo. They are easy to track and aren't an indicator of skill. Reapers are awesome on the map. It's one less unknown. After some time studying it's easy to tell what a reaper is doing on the map and how much of an immediate risk they are or aren't.

• @wolfmanbush You are coming with great points for sure. I guess people just have to be less afraid of losing loot in general because that will happen at one point. Selling often is definitely something people need to do. I usually grind for grade 5 before I sell, but that's more because I'm a little more confident in my abilities and are a little more aware of my surroundings even if there's something as little as a basic skinned sloop. I used to fear people and run away from them, but now I usually take every fight I can just to get better.

• I'm new to the game, it's alot of fun.
    However I am about to drop it all together cause I'm tired of loosing things I am in the middle of because I had the nerve to browse a shop for a bit.
    That's horribly amateurish sh*t design.
    It's unfortunate, I love everything about the rest of the game, even getting blasted by surprise while looting an island.
    Dude had some flag that made him trackable on the map...
    So satisfying to take him down get his map bundle and flag....
    ...right up until I got kicked FOR SHOPPING!!

• @sp1d3rm6nk3y you got kicked from the game or got killed???

• @sp1d3rm6nk3y if you got kicked from the game thats one thing idk why it would kick you but if you got killed thats another thing. its and open world pirate game people can kill you whenever they want. only way to stop that is to pratice combat so you can defend yourself

• @sp1d3rm6nk3y said in Problems with the game and suggestions to perhaps make it better.:

I'm new to the game, it's alot of fun.
    However I am about to drop it all together cause I'm tired of loosing things I am in the middle of because I had the nerve to browse a shop for a bit.
    That's horribly amateurish sh*t design.
    It's unfortunate, I love everything about the rest of the game, even getting blasted by surprise while looting an island.
    Dude had some flag that made him trackable on the map...
    So satisfying to take him down get his map bundle and flag....
    ...right up until I got kicked FOR SHOPPING!!

AFAIK the AFK-timer is 10 minutes or so. This includes browsing the shop interface.

If you're going to take a long time deciding what to buy from your gains, leave the shop window - interact with something and continue browsing.
    You'll be grateful for the AFK-timer when you end up with someone on your crew who does nothing for more than 10 minutes...

• Arena will never comeback, the skins will also not. There are reskins of legendary weapons earnable in game by leveling up athenas fortune. Making them back and unlockable by kills and sinks will result in griefing. Stealing is part of the game, the games name is sea of thieves not sea of loot. Hitreg is fine. Its just like having a shield.
    Toxic reapers are part of the game. There is no way for them to get rid of them. I get reported half of the time for betraying alliances and stealing.

• A solution to this could simply be a first time prompt when someone raises an emissary and give them a warning that player WILL hunt/see you.

Not 100% true tho. Unless you make it for all emissary and say, “warning reapers of a high grade will see you on the sea” or for reapers, “warning the sea reveals your location at all time”

Publicaciones
Visitas
feedbackgeneralcommunitywindows 10competition
10 de 11