Steam DLC's or time limited events?

• Could u consider giving new players something old and cool or re-publish and make them similiar to old stuff? Like Black dog set or events like forsaken? I would like to add some cool stuff in my collection for fair price or give us chance to obtain them... Example that award emote that u can only accuire on this weekend. (Dont know time limit for that) im playing on Steam so if possible remember that if u make this wish come true and put price tag on them😂

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    merchandisefeedbackcommunityeventscompetition
  • @xjimpsukkax Black Dog and Ferryman codes can be had from certain online shopping sites for a few hundred dollars to over $1k. Outside of that, goodluck. Re-releasing any limited event cosmetics would be a huge slap in the face to the OG player base.

• @xjimpsukkax I think pre-order stuff should stay locked, it is literally the point of it. But I do agree it would be cool to play some events again and be able to get those legacy rewards. The problem? people, as always. A good part of the "old" community of this game really feels entitled to those legacy items, would whine a lot saying that doing so would make the items feel less special, less unique; they say it devaluates their experience or something like that. I strongly disagree with this, but unfortunately they are a very loud part of the community.

I'd love people to experience events I liked and cosmetics I like that can't be experienced anymore. I'd love to see other players feel the same emotions I felt and I don't think my experience would change in any way: my memories, my stories; everything I felt will be there in my mind independently of the content being legacy or not. Unfortunately, most players do not share my same point of view.

• Items obtained through timed events are part of the history of the Sea of Thieves. The owners of them display them as a way to show that they were there, and gladly spin yarns of what they experienced back in those times. Bringing those items/events back would water down the value of that history, not to mention would make no sense in regards to the games timeline.

Stick around though, there are bound to be future events that will let you earn new time limited items, which will have value to you and no doubt stories you can share with future potential legends!

• I personally don't have a problem with time limited items coming back, but I am missing several. There have been anniversary events where they brought back a few items for a week or so and some people got upset about it. I already had the items from the original events and I wasn't bothered by it at all. There were some incredibly grindy events and ones that took place at off hours that I didn't work on, so I understand those who want to keep them exclusive. In that case I believe the recolored sets are a good compromise.

Did you take part in the Mayhem event? As long as it doesn't return as a twitch drop or something, that ship set will become more scarce everyday. I don't think doing something for Steam players only would happen. Stick around and you will get a collection of time limited items yourself.

• @pellahh said in Steam DLC's or time limited events?:

@xjimpsukkax I think pre-order stuff should stay locked, it is literally the point of it. But I do agree it would be cool to play some events again and be able to get those legacy rewards. The problem? people, as always. A good part of the "old" community of this game really feels entitled to those legacy items, would whine a lot saying that doing so would make the items feel less special, less unique; they say it devaluates their experience or something like that. I strongly disagree with this, but unfortunately they are a very loud part of the community.

@luciansanchez82 has said it best - the world events were once in a timeline events - things that happened, that crews overcame and were rewarded for as such.
    Bringing them back now stops the Old Salts from being able to tell tales around the deck or the fire to the new green sailors.

That "loud" part of the community was here in the Alphas, the Betas and the launch. They supported the game when it was but an idea and as such were rewarded for that loyalty.
    Ferryman, Blackdog, Launch crew, Founder - all of these items should stay locked forever along with the Hungering One items (drum, scars, tattoos) and the Bonecrusher ones.

Those were the big events in that first 12 months - the ones that kept us OG players going and supporting the game other than the grind as it was then for legend.

Insulting the views of those who were here at the start does nothing but antagonise.

I wasn't around in the 60s when the Beatles were big - I wouldn't demand them to remake tour merchandise from back then just so I could wear it like I was there...

Publicaciones
Visitas
merchandisefeedbackcommunityeventscompetition
5 de 6